You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hookie_Bell

The Best CV Video I've Found

70 comments in this topic

Members
398 posts
72 battles
45 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Just another player that wants to be offered total immunity from CV planes....Yawn.     Also really getting a laugh out of the "guarantee of dbl citadel" by using the sling-shot drop comment.     Probably one of the same players that tells players griping about DDs being OP needs to go out and play them to learn they aren't.       

Not immunity, just a fair plane battlegame where each class actually can counter another, and each class actually have to take equal risks. Its you CV guys that want the full immunity to be able to sit in back corner all game, not doing anything with your ship (in a Warships game) and just be able to strike what ever target with impunity without ever taking a risk or getting damaged. Please do me a favor and play a lot of DDs in the upcoming ranked and then upload your games and lets see whats OP or not.

22 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Being able to sail your ship behind an island requires no more skill than sailing a CV to a part of the map where they won't be spotted.  The Island marker does the rest for you.  And try to hit a maneuvering target with tier VI or VIII torps or rockets... but more on that later.

The ship angle mod gives you more accurate information than the minimap by an order of magnitude.  The minimap tells you the ship is angled, not whether or not they are in the autobounce zone.  Nice try though.

The bottom line is you have no credibility complaining about how OP CVs are seeing as you have never played a single battle in one.  You have no idea how limited their damage is and how fragile the planes are when red players know what they are doing.  In fact you have only played 11 games in tier 7 and none beyond, so I don't think you are qualified to be speaking on the subject at all.  You are truly great at artillery ships of tier 7 and below, but beyond that you are in the weeds.

It does actually if you want to be able to stealthfire. You need to check your angles so you can hit the enemy, you need to check for possible gaps betweeen islands possible DDs can spot you when you shoot, you need to check range from island so shells can clear it. Parking a CV in back corner need one click with your cruise contreol, you dont have to do anything else.

So you say the mod gives me signal when aotubounce is in effect or not?! You need to teach me that trick one day.

And I dont need to play a CV to complain about it, just need to play against 2 of them every match and always see tham being the last ships alive in every match. Looking at others playing them on Youtube is also a good sourche of information. How "limited" they are, damage wise and other is pretty easy to see in game and in all videos on youtube. Maybe you just need to get better at playing them? 

1 hour ago, Hookie_Bell said:

That's the elephant in the room, mate.

We will never, ever see a "No CV" option. Not because WG is against freedom of choice per se, but because they (and the CV fans) know bloody well that it would doom CV's to their own little sandbox.

Would a "No DD" or whatever option be cool too? For me, sure. Why not? Fair is fair.

Pity there isn't a big enough population, even on EU and CIS, to support it without ridiculously long queue times.

Yes, a no DD or a no Cruiser or a no BBs MM could of course be something someone would love to have as well. Maybe only same class of ships in same MM?! But the difference here is there is many many ways to counter DD, cruisers and BB. Not really the same for 2 CV blapping you all round while sitting in back corner.

2 hours ago, General_WTSherman said:

Most telling point in your video—what would happen if all players got to choose CV vs no CV games?  We all know the answer to that, but we have a bunch of ostriches burying their heads in the sand claiming most of the player base are whining...

Yep, this pretty much. Gonna be fun to look at next ranked season with T10 CVs in it! You can already count of all DDs because that will be pretty much pure suicide with all hydro, radars, spotterplanes and also now Y10 CVs! So no DDs! that means no BBs! Because with no DDs, guess who will become the main focus for all HE/torp spamming cruisers and the CV? Well the BB of course!!! So we will have teams with 1 T10 CV and then 6 firespamming AA cruisers like Des Moines, Woosters and Minos, and im just guessing here ........ thats not gonna be as fun for the CVs?

Edited by Oldschool_Gaming_YT

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead_1 said:

And the other group who if you check their stats play a LOT of CV games with really good stats and shout down any and all anti cv comments because they are having too much fun blapping surface ships. Dont forget those guys. Or how about the other guys who just dont enjoy the new meta?

Isnt that what everyone likes to do, blab other players? Just because someone doesnt like how they died doesnt mean that CVs are the problem. Those people aren't complaining though. 

Dont like the meta? What would we prefer, another 3.5 years of the exact same meta until we lose more players to the Division 2, Apex Legends, and so on? If it was up to the player base that hates CVs you'd be stuck playing WarGaming Candy Crush.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles
Just now, Skuggsja said:

Isnt that what everyone likes to do, blab other players? Just because someone doesnt like how they died doesnt mean that CVs are the problem. Those people aren't complaining though. 

Dont like the meta? What would we prefer, another 3.5 years of the exact same meta until we lose more players to the Division 2, Apex Legends, and so on? If it was up to the player base that hates CVs you'd be stuck playing WarGaming Candy Crush.

I would prefer a meta where you can't sit in a corner and spam planes nonstop the entire match with complete immunity.  That's not what I'd categorize as aggressive play.  It's also not fun to play against.  It's fun for the griefer.  Not so much for the griefed.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles
1 minute ago, CommodoreKang said:

I would prefer a meta where you can't sit in a corner and spam planes nonstop the entire match with complete immunity.  That's not what I'd categorize as aggressive play.  It's also not fun to play against.  It's fun for the griefer.  Not so much for the griefed.

I thought you were staying away from the forums Kang? Welcome back.

Spamming planes, spamming HE, Spamming torpedoes, spamming AP at 26KM. It's all the same in my mind, I dont see that much of a difference.

It's not meant to be griefing, that really doesnt apply here as it's not like someone is stealing your items, destroying your base, or ruining your experience because you cant get your character of the ground.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles
3 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Spamming planes, spamming HE, Spamming torpedoes, spamming AP at 26KM. It's all the same in my mind, I dont see that much of a difference.

It's not meant to be griefing, that really doesnt apply here as it's not like someone is stealing your items, destroying your base, or ruining your experience because you cant get your character of the ground.

You personally sit in a corner spamming planes with complete immunity.    And complete invisibility I might add.  For someone who's had a fairly consistent bias against concealment.  You sure don't have a problem taking advantage of it while you're sitting in the corner spamming planes.  Completely immune to retaliation.

It couldn't be any more different than gun spamming.  It's possibly the lamest most griefiest [edited] I've ever seen in a game that claims to be competitive.  It's a joke.  

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles
3 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

You personally sit in a corner spamming planes with complete immunity.    And complete invisibility I might add.  For someone who's had a fairly consistent bias against concealment.  You sure don't have a problem taking advantage of it while you're sitting in the corner spamming planes.  Completely immune to retaliation.

It couldn't be any more different than gun spamming.  It's possibly the lamest most griefiest [edited] I've ever seen in a game that claims to be competitive.  It's a joke.  

And you're favorite ship to play is the Des Moines, with great AA, but here we are still having this talk. 

So parking behind an island, covered and concealed, and firing over in a ship like Des Moines, is fun and competitive but having a ship class that can counter that far better than most others isnt? Also, lets be honest, this game isnt competitive, there arent teams or an E-Sport. The best attempt at it is KoTs which is run by a bunch of community contributors in training rooms. There are a lot of competitive games that have way more mechanics and dynamic metas. Before carriers you played the same way for 3.5 years, its only finally been challenged.

Also it's not bias, its a stupid leftover mechanic from WoT and I call it how I see it.  At least in WoT cover and concealment makes sense, using terrain to hide a tank is a real thing. Disappearing in open water is not. Camping islands and angling in naval warfare arent things. 

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,323 posts
7,802 battles
49 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

And I dont need to play a CV to complain about it, just need to play against 2 of them every match and always see tham being the last ships alive in every match. Looking at others playing them on Youtube is also a good sourche of information. How "limited" they are, damage wise and other is pretty easy to see in game and in all videos on youtube. Maybe you just need to get better at playing them? 

And that says more about your attitude and approach to things than anything I could point out.  Welcome to my kill file.

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles
5 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Also it's not bias, its a stupid leftover mechanic from WoT and I call it how I see it.  At least in WoT cover and concealment makes sense, using terrain to hide a tank is a real thing. Disappearing in open water is not. Camping islands and angling in naval warfare arent things. 

But you'll use it of course when it favors you.   When it allows you to sit in the corner the entire game and spam planes with complete immunity.  That's fine, right?  When a CA island humps so as not to be deleted immediately, that's candy crush land?

[OGRES]
Members
1,659 posts
3,681 battles
7 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

And you're favorite ship to play is the Des Moines, with great AA, but here we are still having this talk. 

So parking behind an island, covered and concealed, and firing over in a ship like Des Moines, is fun and competitive but having a ship class that can counter that far better than most others isnt? Also, lets be honest, this game isnt competitive, there arent teams or an E-Sport. The best attempt at it is KoTs which is run by a bunch of community contributors in training rooms. There are a lot of competitive games that have way more mechanics and dynamic metas. Before carriers you played the same way for 3.5 years, its only finally been challenged.

Your argument is baseless. You know why? Because any ship firing behind an island in cover or spamming HE, will be in range of other ships. There are options to force DM players or any camping player out of position. Flank or use spotter plane. What options do players have against a CV camping in the corner of map WAY out of range of any BB spamming planes and knowing they will never get attacked?

i mean yall have it so easy. If an enemy air plane comes anywhere near your CV, your ship craps out a fighter squadron automatically. LOL

Edited by Legio_X_

[YORHA]
Members
4,323 posts
7,802 battles
33 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

And the re-work didn't change that meta at all, so what is your point?

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles
2 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

But you'll use it of course when it favors you.   When it allows you to sit in the corner the entire game and spam planes with complete immunity.  That's fine, right?  When a CA island humps so as not to be deleted immediately, that's candy crush land?

Well of course, I'll use everything in the game I can win. I might not like it, might not think it belongs as the fundamental basis of the game, but I'm not playing to lose. Also, yes, how many times can we park in the same spots over and over and play the same way? Isnt that like matching the same color blocks? How many really useful variants of a Des Moines build were there before you might consider taking BFT, AFT, and MCAA? 

4 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Your argument is baseless. You know why? Because any ship firing behind and island in cover or spamming HE, will be in range of other ships. There are options to force DM players or any camping player out of position. Flank or use spotter plane. What options do players have against a CV camping in the corner of map WAY out of range of any BB spamming planes and knowing they will never get attacked?

i mean yall have it so easy. If an enemy air plane comes anywhere near your CV, your ship craps out a fighter squadron automatically. LOL

So let me get this straight, we arent accounting for shell arcs now? Because if you park a Cleveland behind an island and shoot at a Chapy you are probably pretty safe, especially if your Cleveland isnt spotted. Even if you're Cleveland is spotted, how much damage is the Chap going to take on his way to you and how much more damage will your allies do as he becomes the easiest target for them to shoot. What range does Chapy shells arc over different height islands? Also, which ship is spotting that Cleveland for you?  Nice attempt though.

[OGRES]
Members
1,659 posts
3,681 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

Well of course, I'll use everything in the game I can win. I might not like it, might not think it belongs as the fundamental basis of the game, but I'm not playing to lose. Also, yes, how many times can we park in the same spots over and over and play the same way? Isnt that like matching the same color blocks? How many really useful variants of a Des Moines build were there before you might consider taking BFT, AFT, and MCAA? 

So let me get this straight, we arent accounting for shell arcs now? Because if you park a Cleveland behind an island and shoot at a Chapy you are probably pretty safe, especially if your Cleveland isnt spotted. Even if you're Cleveland is spotted, how much damage is the Chap going to take on his way to you and how much more damage will your allies do as he becomes the easiest target for them to shoot. What range does Chapy shells arc over different height islands? Also, which ship is spotting that Cleveland for you?  Nice attempt though.

I said “FLANK” not charge head on into a camping HE spammer. Good lord man.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles
2 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Yeah but a CA using concealment is one thing.  Hiding in the corner immune from retaliation is another.  WG may feel like they need to give you guys that crutch because you can't play the game without it.

It doesn't make it any less lame or pathetic though.  If we want to get into which part of that is candy crush land, which one would you pick?.  

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles
5 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Yeah but a CA using concealment is one thing.  Hiding in the corner immune from retaliation is another.  WG may feel like they need to give you guys that crutch because you can't play the game without it.

It doesn't make it any less lame or pathetic though.  If we want to get into which part of that is candy crush land, which one would you pick?.  

I dont know if you've noticed but carriers are actually my least played class . . . I may be enjoying the crap out of them right now but they'll be old news for me soon. Also, you want to talk about crutches lets have the "remove an entire aspect of the game because I can't handle" crutch that you and your buddies all want. Wait, not a crutch, an electric wheel chair.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles

I dont know if you've noticed but carriers are actually my least played class . . . I may be enjoying the crap out of them right now but they'll be old news for me soon. Also, you want to talk about crutches lets have the "remove an entire aspect of the game because I can't handle" crutch that you and your buddies all want. Wait, not a crutch, an electric wheel chair.

They'll be old news once enough players have been run off.  It must be thrilling and exciting to be a part of that.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles

They'll be old news once enough players have been run off.  It must be thrilling and exciting to be a part of that.

The idea of never adding anything truly new or meta changing is going to kill this game faster than anything else. You think players have left because of strictly carrier games or because after 3.5 years of the same game modes, maps, and power creeping tech lines its all pretty boring and redundant. Meanwhile, the Division 2, Apex Legends, and all these other games keep coming out with all new gameplay, but that probably has nothing to do with it. I mean WoT has had artillery for 8 years, people still cry over it, and yet they still have a larger active server population than WoWs. Its nice to blame the new CV because you dont like it but the bottom line is that with no new game modes, no new interesting ships, and no meta change the game is done for anyway. Meanwhile, League of Legends and Dota 1/2 (which is like 15 years old) still keep booming as they ramp up complexity but warships falters at the first glimpse of it. I guess the idea of ever making the game more than it is, is stupid. Perhaps we should just accept that there will eventually be 2K players still playing Des Moines behind an island on tears of the desert epic center.

Oh and this, people seem to be pretty interested in the carriers:

Spoiler

shot-19_04.12_11_02.30-0937.thumb.jpg.02a7376219dfe809d8187de58d8e3aa3.jpgshot-19_04.12_11_28.57-0861.thumb.jpg.469f62bec9c5b723fd794cb7c038e22b.jpgshot-19_04.12_12_51.35-0133.thumb.jpg.b9fbace03603d38769f95ca75dcb0800.jpgshot-19_04.14_16_37.03-0641.thumb.jpg.76350c1c64940e8b84619acf74229ac1.jpgshot-19_04.14_18_19.44-0572.thumb.jpg.ab58f04a16c20a52094628512ecbdbd7.jpg

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles

Oh and this, people seem to be pretty interested in the carriers:

Griefing mobiles with unlimited power to ruin the game will always appeal to a certain segment of the player base.  It's up to the devs to take the higher ground and not go that route.  WG, obviously, is not troubled with those sorts of morality or fairness issues.  They'll do anything to make a buck.

They'll even use their players as pawns to do their ultimate dirty work for them.  And their players, those who need crutches or like griefing anyway, will step right up to the plate and do that work for them.  With glee.  Feel pretty good being a part of that?

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles

Griefing mobiles with unlimited power to ruin the game will always appeal to a certain segment of the player base.  It's up to the devs to take the higher ground and not go that route.  WG, obviously, is not troubled with those sorts of morality or fairness issues.  They'll do anything to make a buck.

They'll even use their players as pawns to do their ultimate dirty work for them.  And their players, those who need crutches or like griefing anyway, will step right up to the plate and do that work for them.  With glee.  Feel pretty good being a part of that?

Dude, you know I love it. There is just something about the idea of watching people cry and moan over any challenge to this game that brings me great joy. I hope to watch the world burn and the whole rotten game structure collapse. 

Look at it.
I am your cancer. 
I will bring on them a disaster they cannot escape. Although they cry out to me, I will not listen to them:

Spoiler

shot-19_03.27_20_52.53-0050.thumb.jpg.1f7926553bac82c62c10c0ad73eee581.jpgshot-19_03.29_15_51.17-0148.thumb.jpg.cb7ac448ba1a0b72b645e12d24f86bbb.jpgshot-19_03.29_15_51.17-0148.thumb.jpg.cb7ac448ba1a0b72b645e12d24f86bbb.jpgshot-19_03.29_19_09.41-0669.thumb.jpg.e5c8a889c2c36a27e1d770230121564c.jpgshot-19_04.06_21_52.29-0774.thumb.jpg.67cb5876b43b38af0aeba45672fd017a.jpgshot-19_04.10_14_20.56-0083.thumb.jpg.18acbfa95011012cac13ff63805918c2.jpgshot-19_04.12_12_09.14-0475.thumb.jpg.26919e856a442cea12c93e8c0c23d478.jpgshot-19_04.12_23_55.18-0848.thumb.jpg.56c65751787127d0f1786dbb0e8cd177.jpgshot-19_04.17_14_15.17-0101.thumb.jpg.52b3aed63a5d68dcf8f3c72f07cc105b.jpgshot-19_04.20_15_53.33-0741.thumb.jpg.611aa110c47515959e48743c413564e0.jpg

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles
9 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Dude, you know I love it. There is just something about the idea of watching people cry and moan over any challenge to this game that brings me great joy. I hope to watch the world burn and the whole rotten game structure collapse. 

Look at it.
I am your cancer. 
I will bring on them a disaster they cannot escape. Although they cry out to me, I will not listen to them:

Oh boy, you guys really are delusional.  Its seems like a fairly common problem for many of the CV fans. 

A latent psychosis that leads them to believe that when they are in a CV they have been given god like powers from WG to rule over everything else in the game.  I believe someone else had a totem pole analogy to describe the CV vs surface player paradigm.  That was a real hoot.

What you all forget is that this is much more like a friendly game of pickup basketball than a "no holds barred" World War fantasy reenactment.  It's all just so very transparent what the reality is.  Generally speaking, if you need something like this to feel powerful and strong, you are not those things.

lol.  And yet you all have no problem advertising these personal issues to the world in the most glaring and obvious ways.  What's probably even sadder is that WG is facilitating your delusion.  For profit and as a way to cull the player population. 

They should be paying you.  But all they really need to do is feed your delusion and then.  Mission Accomplished.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles
4 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Oh boy, you guys really are delusional.  Its seems like a fairly common problem for many of the CV fans. 

A latent psychosis that leads them to believe that when they are in a CV they have been given god like powers from WG to rule over everything else in the game.  I believe someone else had a totem pole analogy to describe the CV vs surface player paradigm.  That was a real hoot.

What you all forget is that this is much more like a friendly game of pickup basketball than a "no holds barred" World War fantasy reenactment.  It's all just so very transparent what the reality is.  Generally speaking, if you need something like this to feel powerful and strong, you are not those things.

lol.  And yet you all have no problem advertising these personal issues to the world in the most glaring and obvious ways.  What's probably even sadder is that WG is facilitating your delusion.  For profit and as a way to cull the player population. 

They should be paying you.  But all they really need to do is feed your delusion and then.  Mission Accomplished.

Yes, it feeds my psychosis and ego. That must be it, all the damage, here are some more . . .oh wait, they're all not carrier games but have similar damage and even achievements . . . Some are wins and some are losses too! Weird, its almost like you can do anything in any class.

Spoiler

shot-19_01.17_22_59.38-0022.thumb.jpg.bd99a1412e1338aca85b58f050f0e3c6.jpgshot-19_01.21_12_17.52-0879.thumb.jpg.f6129feba38b8f347239c3be1e4ce45d.jpgshot-18_05.17_11_07.31-0800.thumb.jpg.4e8eebd30f5c3718617f5fe9f0d6b1ef.jpgshot-18_05.25_10_49.14-0389.thumb.jpg.7160dd34aff3301c8f0d06daa270cc44.jpgshot-18_07.05_02_11.57-0715.thumb.jpg.be06ef6e985f6fd674ce7479f9956c75.jpgshot-18_08_08_15_26.38-0911.thumb.jpg.ceab58c4f6073e9b6646e4d169071af2.jpgshot-18_10.24_13_37.01-0384.thumb.jpg.e37d967976af78973e93dd3fc90b048d.jpg

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles
15 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Yes, it feeds my psychosis and ego. 

Well, whodathought?  We agree on something!

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles
3 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Well, whodathought?  We agree on something!

Sarcasm. Plus you said I was a nice guy last time we talked....

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,533 battles
14 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Plus you said I was a nice guy last time we talked....

Well that should indicate that I can separate reality from the game.  I'm sure you are a nice guy in reality.  In game, you're acting like a tyrant drunk on power fantasy.  The two can coexist in the same person.  Be better.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,010 posts
19,524 battles
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

Well that should indicate that I can separate reality from the game.  I'm sure you are a nice guy in reality.  In game, you're acting like a tyrant drunk on power fantasy.  The two can coexist in the same person.  Be better.

Are we just going ignore the whole fact that I posted similarly games in other ships? Doesnt matter actually, I hate arguing with you, you just jump to the next point. Anyway, GG!

Beta Testers
667 posts
2,455 battles
8 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

So lets break this down. I wasent away from the fight, I was sitting behind an island near the cap where the friendly DD was pushing so I could support him in cap, try and help with my AA auro (even tho its been nerfed) and try and discurrage the support (enemy BBs and cruisers) to push and support their DD in the cap. Sitting behind an island is a tactic used by all skilled players that understands positioning and tactics (heard about those?) and specially in ships that are paper armoured like Kutuzov, Wooster, Minotaur etc etc. I also called support on our DD to communicate to the rest that we needed to support his push. After we won the fight for that cap I pushed out in front of our Colorado, killed a ship and then made a bee-line across the map down to their home-cap while engaging several targets and discurraging them to push our fleet that was retreating. During all this time I was the most forward spotted ship on out push, way in front of our Colorado, but maybe you just missed that little bit?

Your DD and the cap were 8 km away, does your ship support good 8km AA? And I have no problems with you camping behind an island, specially with a CL, my problem is you saying "I want to play Warship games but I don't want to see CVs" while other players also share the same thinking with just a twist, "I want to play warship games but I don't want perma stealth DDs" and "I want to play warship games but I don't want fire maniacs that camps all day".

And yeah, it's called strategy, but one of many, you should use this on certain situations only. If you check the video again you'll see that you stood 5 minutes for 6k damage...and you don't support a Kagero from 10km distance, what he needs is a fast AA cover to run for when spotted by planes, staying at 8~10km won't do any good for him.

You never called support on your DD, you just spammed F3 and Wilco on chat...and this F3 wasn't even aimed at the cap, just ships that appeared at your priviliged position since your team was pushing on the other side.

Again, while playing with CLs it's understandable to be far from the fight and HE spam all day, but isn't it just like a CV? Away from the fight, providing spotting and punishing isolated targets? Why is it wrong for the CV to do the same exact thing you're doing? The only thing is, CV has range and it has no means to protect itself while you have a big range and A LOT of means to protect yourself.

I dont know if you ever played high tier cruisers yourself but I can tell you that pushing in closer and push up in front of the enemy team at the start of the game, "draw some agro"!?! Doesnt really work out that well for cruisers, they get blapped and killed in a microsecond playing like you are suggesting.

I play with CV on T8 and T10 games, and I can tell you that cruisers that stick 2~3km to their BBs win more battles than those that don't, I've seen neptunes out in the open just because their Bismarck was also in the open, couldn't land an airstrike in the bismarck and my team wasted all their ammo trying to get the neptune...that probably popped smoke because he saw that 4 people were targetting him.

The only time it doesn't applies are mostly IJN cruisers with their weak AA, every other cruiser line manages to get to a good cover on the frontline and is able to have great AA coverage, giving support for their BBs to push easily, even looking at the video you can see that after you leave the "spawn cover", you manage to find another one instantly. Yes I know, RU cruisers have huge citadels and you don't have repair party, this doesn't mean that camping with your CV and making a video saying that CVs risk nothing is right, specially when you suggest to limit their range to 13km when their citadel is bigger and angling means nothing.

In your the match of your video you probably couldn't support the BBs because the scharn pushed too far (he protected the DD more than you though) and the Colorado was camping with you...probably because he wanted AA cover, my comment was just from what you said, "cruisers can't support BBs"...so just F the BBs eh? You have a better ship to deal with the AA threat and you can't advance because of CVs but the BB can...

How long does it take for a plane to fly 6 km with speed booster? 1 second? 2?! So your critisism is that while engaging several surface ships, trying to avoid possible cruiser HE/AP, BB AP salvos, I forgot that im also required to play another little minigame, fighting World of Warplanes, and it took me 1-2 seconds to drop everything and just focus on the CV attack. Well ........ I was a bit preoccupied...... with playing World of WARSHIPS!!
I didnt forget they can make close turns, why shouldnt they, I mean they can do pretty much every thing else in the game, while staying completely undetected in the back of the map, so why shouldnt that be able to make close turns? But what would you suggest me doing about it? I popped my Def AA, that did Jack-sh*t, still took torps from the second attack. I cant turn my ship on a dime?! And I also need to consider all the other enemy focus that was on me (another little gem CVs miss out on).

5:23 you could see the plane at 12km...while firing the enemy CV, 5:13 you saw him at 8km preparing the attack run and at 4:55 he dropped the payload and 4:30 he dropped the second one...I guess it isn't just 1 or 2 seconds, right? You say that you have to worry about dodging the torpedoes and enemy shells, but at the same time you decided to broadside the enemy BB during all this engagement...while all you had to do to be safe from both was just either turn away...you just turn in towards TBs when they're too close, at that distance turning away would do just fine for both BBs or TBs...and if you say that leaving broadside open for the enemy BB was the best thing to do, congratulations, you could've dodge the torpedoes by turning in....just say it, you didn't do those because you wanted to keep firing with full guns on the enemy CV. Another thing would be that you slowed down too soon and couldn't make the turn that would save you from both torps, but at the same time you managed to get hit by only 1.

AND YOU'RE TELLING US THAT DEF AA DID NOTHING? YOU DESTROYED 11 PLANES, 8 from an even tier CV that boasts the most durable planes that probably also popped healing, and you say that Def AA did nothing? It's possible to do all attack runs against a bismarck and have those 8 planes come back alive and you say that your AA is weak?

Yes, and BBs has up to 24-25 km range?! The big difference here that you apparently are oblivious to is that all the other ships in all the other classes gets SPOTTED when they use their guns, unless they as I manage to do with great tactic and positioning at the start be able to shoot from behind an island. But how often can you really do that in a full game? So yes, I have 19 km range on my guns. Still must be able to aim really well and lead the shots at that distance to be effective while also being spotted the entire time, talking incoming AP salvos that has the potential to insta-nuke me.

And you can have a general location of an enemy CV, no big deal, we also don't get to move our ship as often as you guys do so when we're spotted we take huge amount of damage.

You want to limit CV range to one lower than all ships besides DD in the game, a ship that has 0 survivability against the others.

CVs on the other hand have no rangelimit what so ever on their attacks, thay can fly their planes around the borders of the full map 100 times while attacking 3-4-5 times, while being unspotted the entire time and never have to think about playing minigames, droping their focus to deal with all other [edited], as you saw in this game and in lots of other games on YT, they are even to lazy to move their ships, even tho they are getting pushed by enemy team?!?! So they dont even bother setting a bloody cruise control to move their ships, they park either in spawn or behind an island and then sit there performing their strikes all over the game world, dont even look at the minimap to see oncoming enemy fleets and suddenly gets wooken up by a Kagero 7-8 km aeway from you ship?! That must be a lot of hard work playing a CV man............

CV is a multitasking job, we're in 2 places at the same time, the CV in the video moved away from the spawn but didn't want to try and get too close to the battlefield to the North because if craphappens, let's say the outnumbered enemy manage to push your allies back, the CV is dead. You say that we make 3~5 attacks while to do so we need to target a weak ship and risk our attack force while in this time you're able to shoot 20+ salvos, you even launched a lot of salvos at the beginning of the match while being unspotted, just like other ships with smoke so attacking while undetected is a lame argument to use, specially when you can maneuver when you spot a plane but you can't maneuver against HE shells from a stealth ship.

And even if you don't want to believe that it's taxing to controll both ship and planes, it's a bad play, it's the same with cruisers that show broadside to other ships or DDs that forget to turn AA off, if the player is bad, bad plays will happen both on the plane and on the ship. Or are you trying to tell me that every CV is a pro player?

BTW, look at 14:13 in your video and you'll see how far the CV moved, before trying to argue about your video, watch it yourself.

Yeah, I managed to take out all of 29 planes from a CV same tier as me and a CV 2 tiers below me while playing one of the most heavely specced, feared AA cruisers in the game, a cruiser so broken OP that WG even took it out of sale!!! All of 29 planes!! WOW....... Meanwhile WG have no problem in selling these ner "Reworked" CVs .......
And yes, I could really feel by the countinuelsy relentless strikes it must have taken them forever to resupply those planes ...... Yup! I really felt that.

Wow...you were attacked like...4 times? 2 times by the same squadron...such relentless strikes, I can't even argument against that...

No, I dont want a "Dumbed down system". The dumb down system here is Carriers. Those are the guys that doesnt want to be spotted ..... ever!! Those are the guys that dont want to ever have to check the minimap or even move their bloody ships (in World of Warships). Those are the guys that never have to think about angeling, positioning, tactics, pushing a flank, create a crossfire situation with you teammates. They just wanna sit in their own little pink and fluffy bubble, flying around in their Aricrafts, striking ships that are actually trying to use tactics and positioning with impunity.

The people that don't move their CV is the same as those that show broadside to the enemy. We don't worry about angling because with our armor it's useless to do so. Our position determines where we can strike quickly and where we need to fly 2 minutes to get an attack run. We have tons of tactics to use to approach an enemy or force an enemy to do something like showing broadside to allies. We don't have the power to force a push on a flank, but we have the power to target isolated targets and provide the necessary scout for YOU to do something. As I said before, we also create "crossfire" for allies, when we go for a torpedo run for example, the enemy is forced to either show broadside or eat the torpedoes...even though in top tier battles most BBs eat the torpedoes since those does mediocre damage.

While we sit in our "pink and fluffly bubble", players like you are camping behind islands crying in the chat for spotting because you can't do a thing if you can't see the enemy, and we're the players that you come to cry to...or when you're spotted by the enemy, we're the ones you come crying to help you. So don't try to compare gunboats tactics to airplanes tactics, it's like comparing BB damage with DD damage just with main batteries, we have different approaches and we mutually help each other, you help me by providing a threat for the enemy if they try to dodge and we help you by providing spotting and hunting those spotting you.

And yes, you want a dumbed down system, you don't want to give a damn about how to counter CV, you just want to press a magic button and see planes whittle away while we need to pay attention to see if your DFAA is up, if you're protecting a sector, if you're making a turn, your speed and direction, your ship class, we ask for teammates to data such as if the enemy DCP or if the enemy AA has been hit and a lot more. While you just want to see a ship and "pew pew pew", most of the times not even bothering to change shell type even though they'd be able to do more damage.

You guys even have mods telling the angle of the enemy ship and if it's going full speed, reverse or slow....

You are the guys that want the "Dumbed down system", not the rest of us! We actually like to use are brains playing this game ..... a game for Warships...

I can clearly see the brains in your "game of HEships" gameplay, together with many others...that render enemy angling useless.

The rest of us love to create tactics, use islands and hard cover to our advantage, try and flank around, crossfires, crosstorping, managing you armour angeling, all while always look at the updates on the minimap, which ships is spotted where? Where are the DDs? Where are the radarships? Is that an opening I can use? Trying to figure out the opponents next move before he makes it, pretty much like a great game of chess!

Oh sorry, we really don't use islands to cover or aircrafts, we also don't try to flank with our planes and hit where they're vulnerable, we also don't crossfire/crosstorp because we only have 1 squad now, we also don't manage our position so that we can deliver fast strikes or to reach a great cover, we also don't look at the minimap to see which ships are isolated or a threat, we also don't hunt down DDs (which by the way, it's probably spotted on your map because of us), we also don't look to see where is the woorcester and other AA ships, we also don't look in the minimap for an open area to launch unexpected attacks or get the isolated target.

WE ALSO DON'T HAVE TO BE CONSTANTLY MAKING CORRECTIONS, MAKING LEADS WITHOUT HELP AND RUINING OUR AIM BECAUSE OF HOW A SHIP IS MANEUVERING.

THAT is a game of chess, not your "I think he'll go here....oops, he went there...ok, reload finished now I just have to aim there", you miss your shots, you correct and fire again, we miss our shots and have to reset (almost impossible to retarget players on a curve) or we lose planes and need to reach the target all the way from where we are. And since you think we stay at 20km all the time, that's at least 1 minute for a T10 plane using all the limited boost we have.

Ok, so once more, CVs did focus me (pretty exclusively) from the half game mark to the end and my Def AA (that up until the rework has been notrious) wasent effective at all since it couldnt even save me from a T6 carrier, while before the rework Kutuzov was a no fly zone which ment that CV players would actually had to use their brain and understand which targets to go for. And yet again, I was pretty much right in the fight since I carried this team, I was way ahead of our Colorado and the most forward spotted enemy, and they did chase me, right up to the last second of the game ....... so perhaps look at the video before commenting on it? But then again, youre a CV player, thats to much hard work for you.

4:58 time mark in the game and you were TARGETTED because you were the closest target after the DD, which wouldn't get hit by torpedoes, the Implacable then changed to rockets to deal with the DD but it got destroyed so he went with rockets against you.

And after the DD sank that you started receiving air strikes, YOU WERE FOCUSED WHEN THERE WAS 2 SHIPS LEFT, one full HP BB that wouldn't die with airstrikes close to an AA ship and with healing.

You say that your DFAA did nothing? Again, it destroyed all planes that targetted you, Kutuzov was a no fly zone before the rework and it still is, CVs "used their brain" to target other targets, you just have to see that you were targetted only when there was 2 ships and 5 minutes left in the game.

You were ahead of the colorado because he tried to flank in a BB, and then you're a cruiser who is faster than that BB.

so perhaps look at the video before commenting on it? But then again, youre a CV player, thats to much hard work for you.

I did, almost 10 times just to write this argument...have you? Because from all your arguments, you haven't.

But hey, I'm talking to a pro guy that knows how to angle but broadsided an Amagi with a russian cruiser (see 7:11 in your video) and also broadsided a Queen Elizabeth while "not dodging" planes.

And to be honest, your video would be taken more seriously if you didn't have to rely on super P2W ships to play the game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1