Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Barazzuolio

Torpedo Beat DD's

6 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
96 posts
3,154 battles

I've noticed that Celestial is head and shoulders superior to Comet Trace. Is Rover that much better again than Celestial? 

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

????????

No

It's Comet Trace Master Race

Celestial Slug and Rover? more like lawn mower, but without the mowing bits

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,783 battles

So far Comet Trace is for me the most fun and good DD to play. Good secondaries, good speed and rudder. TBH I don't see the point of having Smoke or Hydro in a game mode like that.

[WOLFA]
Members
96 posts
3,154 battles

Looking at Comet Trace's stats everything seems lower except torpedo damage. Celestial seems like the cats knees. 

[MLPVA]
Members
295 posts
3,679 battles

The Comet Chase has the fastest top speed and rudder shift values, but the Celestial has a smaller turn radius. I personally have had much better games in the Celestial than the Comet. YMMV, though.

Rover is a garbage scow compared to them. Slow as molasses on a cold winter morning, a glacially slow rudder shift, and a horrendous drop in speed if you so much as BREATHE on your A and D keys. The only thing she has going for her is her 3 quintuple torpedo launchers.

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles
1 hour ago, Barazzuolio said:

Looking at Comet Trace's stats everything seems lower except torpedo damage. Celestial seems like the cats knees. 

There is a hidden stat of acceleration and Comet Trace is definitively the best at it.

Oh, and the torps reload the quickest on CT.

It also fires 5, instead of 4 per launcher.

The torps are also faster and stealthier on CT... AFAIK

14 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

The Comet Chase has the fastest top speed and rudder shift values, but the Celestial has a smaller turn radius. I personally have had much better games in the Celestial than the Comet. YMMV, though.

Rover is a garbage scow compared to them. Slow as molasses on a cold winter morning, a glacially slow rudder shift, and a horrendous drop in speed if you so much as BREATHE on your A and D keys. The only thing she has going for her is her 3 quintuple torpedo launchers.

Celestial and Rover have really bad acceleration and are really slow in turns... which is a bigger handicap than wider turn radius.

Now, Rover... yeah.. that ship is just bad, unless you bring 3 of them in a div and make torpedo soup.

And the torps on Rover are very easily spotted, even without hydro, which makes them hard to get hits in, unless you happen to catch people in a cross or unexpectedly

Sign in to follow this