You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Plaatduutsch

CV's Rocket/Dive Bomber Accuracy Needs to be Decreased

61 comments in this topic

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles

I am not sure how this is getting betters for DDs after 7.0

The CV sent out one squad of rocket bombers to go after our T9 DDs in the beginning of the match. 

first drop

9k health left

2nd drop

6k left

3rd drop

2k left.

And he was in my AA range 100% of the time, and I was in a USN BB spec with AA. 

After the CV finish all 3 drops, I still cannot shoot down all the planes.

The most outrageous thing is that I talked with a community contribute who works for WG during the PAX EAST, and he believed that it is completely fair for CV do do more than 10k damage to a DD in a single rocket/dive strike. (USN CVs have even better rockets and dive combo)

Surely it is so fair that a CV can just chunk more than 2/3 of the health of a DD in several seconds no matter where the DD is. 

I guess this is why we have such a broken game now. 

CV1.jpg.95270a0e2af9f8665d9fdac68e2017eb.jpgcv2.jpg.925a0bb1a9de13aa82f396635e931d5c.jpgCV3.jpg.488a1ece4f92ab14016a87ee4946418d.jpg

CV.PNG

• Cool 6

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

This is working as intended.

As someone that has been on both sides of the situation, my opinion is that only DDs that do literally nothing right get chunked for 90% of their health with rockets. If you're out of the of the AA of your team, leave your pitiful DD AA on, and rely on your 40kt DD to dodge 200kt rocket planes you deserve to lose that health. It's the equivalent of sailing broadside to a BB in a cruiser.

• Cool 14
  • Angry 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,339 posts
11,846 battles

You are sailing too far from friendly AA, any half assed CV player will pounce on that.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Beta Testers
387 posts
7,567 battles

As someone who plays both CV and DDs, 

Any DD that tries to rush a cap or just rush out at the start of a match, the very time when CVs actively have one thing on their mind, to hunt DDs, is just asking to get Stomped.

when i DD i stick close to my team, even run behind them for like the first mins of the game. DDs don't (at the moment) have to be the Eyes of the Fleet anymore, thats the CVs job now) wait for the action to get heated, by that time CVs will have many targets to pick from and much more to think about, THATs when a DD should become active and even then always have a retreat plan to get back together with the rest of the fleet.

Also Gone are the days when a DD could just stealth hug the map edge looking to get a good flank with out any danger, now you do that and you risk getting the CVs attention and getting focused.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles
16 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

As someone that has been on both sides of the situation, my opinion is that only DDs that do literally nothing right get chunked for 90% of their health with rockets. If you're out of the of the AA of your team, leave your pitiful DD AA on, and rely on your 40kt DD to dodge 200kt rocket planes you deserve to lose that health. It's the equivalent of sailing broadside to a BB in a cruiser.

He was in my AA range and another BB's AA  range for 100% of the time. 

Not sure if I made it clearly or not

• Cool 1

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You are sailing too far from friendly AA, any half assed CV player will pounce on that.

Sorry for the low res, but you should be able to tell that he was 4km away from me during all 3 rounds of attack. 

• Cool 1

Members
27 posts
1,749 battles

I can't relate to how the code plays at higher tier, but at III-V its ridiculous... especially when you are modeling pre-war aircraft that could only hit practice targets 10% of the time, much less when getting shot at vs. most ships that had practically no AA. 

Couple that with the fact that they can regen aircraft, fires or flight deck damage are impossible to cause and you have a seriously OP weapons system in the game.  I believe that it can be easily fixed using any of the options below:

1) model the aircraft using realistic hit rates "dispersion". 2) Either slow down or do not allow aircraft regen 3) Give us back real fighters to protect fleet or 4) Allow all ships some balancing measure of damage regen like BBs have now....

I can barely play the game without being frustrated with the code as is... I can play 2 or 3 at a sitting and that's about it.

Not that my 2 cents is worth anything, but there it is...

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,339 posts
11,846 battles
7 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Barely, flak can be dodged in several ways and at a guess it was a tier 10 CV. Yes, some factors about CV's need adjusting but that is mostly AA scaling.

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles
18 minutes ago, CaptChico said:

As someone who plays both CV and DDs, 

Any DD that tries to rush a cap or just rush out at the start of a match, the very time when CVs actively have one thing on their mind, to hunt DDs, is just asking to get Stomped.

when i DD i stick close to my team, even run behind them for like the first mins of the game. DDs don't (at the moment) have to be the Eyes of the Fleet anymore, thats the CVs job now) wait for the action to get heated, by that time CVs will have many targets to pick from and much more to think about, THATs when a DD should become active and even then always have a retreat plan to get back together with the rest of the fleet.

Also Gone are the days when a DD could just stealth hug the map edge looking to get a good flank with out any danger, now you do that and you risk getting the CVs attention and getting focused.

He wasn't really far from the fleet though. When we was dropped, he was in the AA range of three friendly ships. For me, gone the days playing DD.

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

was the DD sailing in a straight line?

AFAIK, you have to get hit with HVARs to get chunked that badly as a DD

and HVARs are the hardest one to minimize the reticle

Edited by MrDeaf

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,787 battles

Yes pls nerf Hakuryu rocket that already have bad accuracy against DD and nerf as well AP DB that fail to citadel BB because RNG. I mean what could possibly go wrong ?

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
5 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

was the DD sailing in a straight line?

AFAIK, you have to get hit with HVARs to get chunked that badly as a DD

and HVARs are the hardest one to minimize the reticle

All the rockets are capable of dealing 6k+ dmg/salvo. I think Haku's might even be better than the HVARs because the reticule is smaller.

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles
4 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Yes pls nerf Hakuryu rocket that already have bad accuracy against DD and nerf as well AP DB that fail to citadel BB because RNG. I mean what could possibly go wrong ?

Not sure about the bad accuracy, but CVs are still the strongest ship type in the game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
38 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

So, your AA "shell" is behind the island with the BB's in a ball, hiding and the DD's are suppose to be back there with them.....?  Ah, we don't know how to DD the right way I guess;.......when we are spotted no matter where we are by either 10K radar or 150K Aircraft???   And, as a DD driver, pray-tell, what is it I'm suppose to do when the "team" doesn't want to get anywhere near a cap?  Game after game after game....  Or, CL AA ships sail in circles just to shoot down Aircraft........

And then, oh, it gets really fun because your AA is 12 with a flag and you are actually, really trying to do your job, you know things like capping or spotting; and then, for 4 to 6 minutes, planes just wipe you out and there is nothing you can do........  Deserve to lose health.......  Really, them are tall words from a ship hiding on the boundary, using weapons against ships with no chance or defense.......sounds like seal clubbing to me. 

Working as intended?  Why would WG create a situation that intentionally runs players out of the game or creates situations where there literally is nothing fun in a Random match anymore?  This is just another gimmick to make money, I see that but, how long and how many friends have to leave until the next meta makes all carriers harbor queens.....?  

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,787 battles
11 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Not sure about the bad accuracy, but CVs are still the strongest ship type in the game.

I had plenty of time practicing rocket attack with my Hakuryu and my avg damage must be around 3k against DD, which is not bad but it requires to perfectly line up my strike and not doing too much adjustment. The moment make slight movement, the reticule becomes quite big. And even when the reticle is small, IJN rockets aren't that accurate, you just throw a lot of them.

And AP DB accuracy is a joke. Sometime you line up a perfect attack run in a perfect angle, you get 1 citadel and 2 pen if you're lucky, the next attack run, when the target has the worst possible angle, you score 2 citadel and 1 pen. Also you want your planes to be full HP when doing attack run because loosing 1 planes screw your accuracy. Imagine having your turret sliding to the left each time you get hit by a shell, I'm sure it must be very fun and engaging.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

So, your AA "shell" is behind the island with the BB's in a ball, hiding and the DD's are suppose to be back there with them.....?  Ah, we don't know how to DD the right way I guess;.......when we are spotted no matter where we are by either 10K radar or 150K Aircraft???   And, as a DD driver, pray-tell, what is it I'm suppose to do when the "team" doesn't want to get anywhere near a cap?  Game after game after game....  Or, CL AA ships sail in circles just to shoot down Aircraft........

And then, oh, it gets really fun because your AA is 12 with a flag and you are actually, really trying to do your job, you know things like capping or spotting; and then, for 4 to 6 minutes, planes just wipe you out and there is nothing you can do........  Deserve to lose health.......  Really, them are tall words from a ship hiding on the boundary, using weapons against ships with no chance or defense.......sounds like seal clubbing to me. 

Working as intended?  Why would WG create a situation that intentionally runs players out of the game or creates situations where there literally is nothing fun in a Random match anymore?  This is just another gimmick to make money, I see that but, how long and how many friends have to leave until the next meta makes all carriers harbor queens.....?  

My experience differs from yours. I'm still making significant and impactful contributions with my DDs, even in single and double CV games.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
1,605 posts
16,988 battles
36 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

Sorry for the low res, but you should be able to tell that he was 4km away from me during all 3 rounds of attack. 

It was clear in your original post, and the screenshots were decipherable. 

it just doesnt fit the narrative. 

Apparently, any DD that is not beside, behind, or deck cargo on an AA cruiser is malpositioned if it is hit for significant damage by rocket fighters. 

[A-I-M]
Members
1,605 posts
16,988 battles
29 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Only dd worth bringing to random these days is minotaur...

I LOL' d 

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,633 posts
6,552 battles

Can you post the full screenshots and possibly a replay? From what little I can glean from your cropped images, I can see that the friendly DD is firmly in your long range AA, which is mostly made up of flak. Even if you are AA specced, the long range flak isn't going to protect anything especially if you're not the intended target. I also can't see the friendly BB you say is also in range providing AA.

I can't help but think we're not getting the full picture when said picture has been heavily cropped.

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles
1 minute ago, Pugilistic said:

It was clear in your original post, and the screenshots were decipherable. 

it just doesnt fit the narrative. 

Apparently, any DD that is not beside, behind, or deck cargo on an AA cruiser is malpositioned if it is hit for significant damage by rocket fighters. 

Ideally you would want to have an AA cruiser with you with DFAA, but our Chappy decided to leave us alone, so are you suggesting that 4 other ships on my side should abandon this cap just because our CL left? 

It's always easy to assume in our mind, but in reality, s*t things happens. What can I say...

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
2 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

My experience differs from yours. I'm still making significant and impactful contributions with my DDs, even in single and double CV games.

I glad you are......  So far, even avoiding Randoms isn't working because we are seeing a lot of CV's in COOP....  When we do play randoms, well, it ends up the same way:  whomever has the best CV drivers wins....  If you are on the good side, you can score reasonably but, well below what we were scoring before 8.0.   If you are on the "ooops!" side, it is a long and painful game....  Over and Over and Over.....  One CV per team isn't too bad most times.... Again, the team with a good CV driver usually wins.  Two CV's just are not fun anymore.....  In fact, a few days ago, I volunteered with my Akizuki to be "carrier bait" and sailed between the Cap and the AA ships and I spend an entire game, shooting aircraft and never fired a shot at another player..........we lost on points.....there was no one to cap: we were all shooting airplanes....   Now, tell me, does that makes any sense for a games where ships are supposed shot other ships???

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles

I disagree, im always against nerfing dispersion/accuracy. By doing this you are nerfing the skill and favouring RNG/luck.

What we do need is a effective AA system, and not this garbage that we have now. And maybe put a limit about range/terrain for planes. 

[HE]
Members
552 posts
9,626 battles
8 minutes ago, Xlap said:

I disagree, im always against nerfing dispersion/accuracy. By doing this you are nerfing the skill and favouring RNG/luck.

What we do need is a effective AA system, and not this garbage that we have now. And maybe put a limit about range/terrain for planes. 

Bring back the old 400% DFAA and enlarge circle effect I guess.