skillztowin

*Serious* CVs need new nick name.

27 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
869 posts
7,119 battles

out of respect and observation for a very serious and devastating illness, please stop referring to cvs as sky cancer. lets find a new name: any name. seriously, its not "if" your life will be impacted by cancer, its "when"...

I wish it upon none of you ever.  

• Cool 4
  • Boring 6

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
4 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

out of respect and observation for a very serious and devastating illness, please stop referring to cvs as sky cancer. lets find a new name: any name. seriously, its not "if" your life will be impacted by cancer, its "when"...

Yep!!!! Lost my dad to it and pisses me off so much with idoits that say that about a vidio game.

Cancer kills the host and everyone around him or her. Its devestating to everyone and to be so stupid as to call a player of a game cancer is stupid.

Glad there is another thread about this.

And dont say that it only a medifor!

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
1,605 posts
16,988 battles

How about putrefying rot as an alternative? 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
5,028 posts
15,593 battles

Sky cancer is the correct description for them... Now that describes the class not the player.

Members
1,450 posts
10,439 battles

....remember rule 62: don't take yourself so seriously....I don't think the label is at all intended as a slap on cancer victims....but if we must have a new nickname, I nominate:  flattop asshats.

• Funny 3

[KAPPA]
Members
1,382 posts
6,370 battles

Honestly, I've hated the recent usage of cancer to describe things since the first time I heard it, years ago. My father died a slow death, his mind gradually succumbing long before his body ever did. I had to deal with that for two years, and it was, quite frankly, hell to me. There was nobody else I cared for more than him, and his loss and being the one to find him when he had finally lost the fight, only made my depression that much more crippling.

But, well... honestly? I expect nothing less of people, and I likewise expect zero change as such.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

Cancer, or any disease for that matter, when left untreated, results in the death of its host.

and, as it stands, since CVs are definitely killing the game...

I'll just consider that all the downvotes and angry votes mean I was right. :cap_book:

• Cool 4

[XBRTC]
Members
2,881 posts
9,089 battles

@skillztowin

@jags_domain

@Shoggoth_pinup

Stay in your own lane, friends. 

Your vicarious psychological trauma on behalf of someone else is neither necessary nor desired. Cancer patients are perfectly capable of choosing what they find offensive and what they find not offensive.

Source: I'm a cancer patient.

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO
  • Cool 6

Members
998 posts
5,461 battles
2 hours ago, skillztowin said:

I don't think anyones belittling cancer or cancer victims. People just hate CVs with the same intensity. Many have lost folks to it. Many more will. But @LT_Rusty_SWO called it on this one. Cancer sucks but cancer jokes are still funny. And cancer comparisons dont belittle the cancer or the patient.

• Cool 2

[FPLT]
Members
5 posts
2,319 battles

No need to go SJW about it.  People call stuff whatever, and/or participate in dark humour, and it doesn't do diddly to you; personally I use Cancer Vessels, it doubles into the CV acronym.

• Cool 1

Members
998 posts
5,461 battles
7 minutes ago, Teron_Gray said:

No need to go SJW about it.  People call stuff whatever, and/or participate in dark humour, and it doesn't do diddly to you; personally I use Cancer Vessels, it doubles into the CV acronym.

I was going with Cancer Vectors, myself. :cap_tea:

Plus id love to infuriate a cancer patient... if theyre willing to blow up on a forum then i can only imagine them taking that fighting brawling fury with them to nuc.med and the operating room. Give 'em hell.

[_-_]
Members
2,228 posts
3 hours ago, skillztowin said:

As some of you already know, I'm a cancer warrior myself, with stage 4 PCa. I own this stuff. Seriously. I can barely walk, and undergo infusions of various poisons every month. Sucks to be me, huh? Kind of, but I'm not dead yet. There is that.

I hate CV's in this game, to the point where I only play modes where there aren't any, at least on the red team. I play Co-op and Operations because I detest the nuisance of planes like flies at a picnic. Sue me. It's my choice.

I have nothing but compassion and empathy for fellow cancer patients, and I'm understanding of the emotional and financial stress that befalls the family and friends of cancer sufferers. Cancer is an equal-opportunity destroyer of lives.

Personally, I'm no shrinking violet. I'm a retired commissioned officer in the world's mightiest Navy, sportsman, and party animal. It takes a lot to offend me. This fact does not make me an insensitive clod or some kind of macho meathead. I'm just built like that.

Speaking ONLY for myself and wishing no distress to others, I can only say that terms like "sky cancer" and "cancer damage" are no big deal. I've used the terms myself. I've also been known to call Hip-Hop "Ear cancer". I own the word.

However, if some here find "sky cancer" to be upsetting or disrespectful, I'm more than willing to adopt a new term to describe the pestilential locust plague that is embodied in WG's implementation of CV's. On the EU and CIS servers I've seen CV's called "Leper Colony" too. That's almost as insensitive. Due to profanity filters, it's hard to come up with anything else, but I'll try.

How about "Dung Heap"? An inanimate, stinking clump that fosters flying pests. Pretty much sums up my opinion of CV's in WOWS.

• Cool 8

Members
0 posts
39 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

As some of you already know, I'm a cancer warrior myself, with stage 4 PCa. I own this stuff. Seriously. I can barely walk, and undergo infusions of various poisons every month. Sucks to be me, huh? Kind of, but I'm not dead yet. There is that.

I hate CV's in this game, to the point where I only play modes where there aren't any, at least on the red team. I play Co-op and Operations because I detest the nuisance of planes like flies at a picnic. Sue me. It's my choice.

I have nothing but compassion and empathy for fellow cancer patients, and I'm understanding of the emotional and financial stress that befalls the family and friends of cancer sufferers. Cancer is an equal-opportunity destroyer of lives.

Personally, I'm no shrinking violet. I'm a retired commissioned officer in the world's mightiest Navy, sportsman, and party animal. It takes a lot to offend me. This fact does not make me an insensitive clod or some kind of macho meathead. I'm just built like that.

Speaking ONLY for myself and wishing no distress to others, I can only say that terms like "sky cancer" and "cancer damage" are no big deal. I've used the terms myself. I've also been known to call Hip-Hop "Ear cancer". I own the word.

However, if some here find "sky cancer" to be upsetting or disrespectful, I'm more than willing to adopt a new term to describe the pestilential locust plague that is embodied in WG's implementation of CV's. On the EU and CIS servers I've seen CV's called "Leper Colony" too. That's almost as insensitive. Due to profanity filters, it's hard to come up with anything else, but I'll try.

How about "Dung Heap"? An inanimate, stinking clump that fosters flying pests. Pretty much sums up my opinion of CV's in WOWS.

Thank you for your service, sir.

Dung Heap works for me. Or how about Clown Vessel? image.png.c8f57eb0a6054e96a1a62db4aad5d752.png

Edited by CruiserSailor
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
4 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

@skillztowin @jags_domain @Shoggoth_pinup

In fact, if you want to hear the absolute BEST cancer jokes, hang out in the waiting room of an oncology group.

I am sure but that is ment to be a joke not calling someone cancer like the idoits in this forum and the game do.

There is a big difference. 

I bet there great jokes to

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
869 posts
7,119 battles
7 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Source: I'm a cancer patient.

6 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I'm a cancer warrior myself, with stage 4 PCa.

Good luck to the both of you. o7. 

Members
1,450 posts
10,439 battles
8 hours ago, CruiserSailor said:

Thank you for your service, sir.

Dung Heap works for me. Or how about Clown Vessel? image.png.c8f57eb0a6054e96a1a62db4aad5d752.png

....ooh!....I like Clown Vessel....well played.

[RKLES]
Members
9,556 posts
11,477 battles
13 hours ago, skillztowin said:

That’s why I most of the time call CVs simply CVs. But sometimes have called them “Vultures” or “Buzzards” as they typically prey of the weaker or the dying ships. I never liked or it ever used the more common nickname for such annoying game elements as I have had friends and family with Cancer and it is indeed no joking matter.

And honestly calling CVs vultures is so appropriate for CVs. 

• Cool 1

Members
0 posts
41 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That’s why I most of the time call CVs simply CVs. But sometimes have called them “Vultures” or “Buzzards” as they typically prey of the weaker or the dying ships. I never liked or it ever used the more common nickname for such annoying game elements as I have had friends and family with Cancer and it is indeed no joking matter.

And honestly calling CVs vultures is so appropriate for CVs. 

Carrion Vultures...Hmm..yeah, that's it! That's the ticket! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
709 posts
15 hours ago, skillztowin said:

Out of respect to those suffering from cancer, we will rename the star constellation "Crabs"

headers-zodiac-sign-astrology-personalit

• Funny 1