You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jamespetters

carriers

96 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
3,456 battles

when you fix your god dammed carriers, a level 6 new mexico vs 2 lev 8 carriers? I may be back to the game, until then, you won't get one dam cent [edited]

Edited by Shinsengumi918
made post conform to Forum rules.
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,340 posts
11,846 battles

With 3400 matches you should know how to fight when up tiered and the CV rework has been out for long enough for you to know how to fight CV's when up tiered. If you were sailing alone you deserved what happened, there are only a few ships that are mostly safe from CV attack when sailing alone and the New Mexico is definitely not one of them.

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

With 3400 matches you should know how to fight when up tiered and the CV rework has been out for long enough for you to know how to fight CV's when up tiered. If you were sailing alone you deserved what happened, there are only a few ships that are mostly safe from CV attack when sailing alone and the New Mexico is definitely not one of them.

So, let me get this straight, you can only use "specific ships" to have fun in this game?  I have 37 ships........5 are able to operate somewhat independently and mostly, mostly not be erased........in a what"  A freaking first person shooter arcade game.......?  Seriously?  First person means "I" should be able to play this game by-my-self.....  Randoms aren't teams.  Ranked aren't established teams....  I succeed or I fail and now, there is no way to do that because ONE class of ships can and does control the game.....  And, we'll succeed that way how???  All of my friends in this game have stopped spending.....  Yuk it up, but money talks and players have walked away from this game these past six weeks or so....

What about the other 32 ships I've ground for, or won or received in xmas boxes?   When, do I get to play them, eh?!   And, you call this fun how??? 

• Cool 6

[FBXGC]
Members
386 posts
2,770 battles
3 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

So, let me get this straight, you can only use "specific ships" to have fun in this game?  I have 37 ships........5 are able to operate somewhat independently and mostly, mostly not be erased........in a what"  A freaking first person shooter arcade game.......?  Seriously?  First person means "I" should be able to play this game by-my-self.....  Randoms aren't teams.  Ranked aren't established teams....  I succeed or I fail and now, there is no way to do that because ONE class of ships can and does control the game.....  And, we'll succeed that way how???  All of my friends in this game have stopped spending.....  Yuk it up, but money talks and players have walked away from this game these past six weeks or so....

What about the other 32 ships I've ground for, or won or received in xmas boxes?   When, do I get to play them, eh?!   And, you call this fun how??? 

First person is in reference to the camera angle not whether or not you can play alone.

Also, every ship in the game is still viable. All 37 of yours are useful if you play them accordingly. BB's adjust when DD's are in games, DD's adjust to radar or hydro etc. CV is just another class. They aren't OP, just annoying.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,340 posts
11,846 battles
5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

You seem to have missed the not sailing alone point. For a New Mexico sailing with any other US standard BB, 5, 6, or 7 would go a long way to surviving. Don't make yourself a target for CV's unless you are trying to get plane kills.

[FML]
Members
2,862 posts
12,773 battles
41 minutes ago, jamespetters said:

when you fix your god dammed carriers, a level 6 new mexico vs 2 lev 8 carriers? I may be back to the game, until then, you won't get one dam cent and you can take this [edited]game and put it up your azz's sideways. 

8 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

The sooner the both of you work out that the primary defence against carriers is not AA, it is teamwork, the sooner you’re going to have fun in this game. 

Do you sail in straight lines then rage against eating a wall of torps? If adapting your play to the presence of DDs is part of the game, why isn’t adapting your play for the presence of carriers?

• Cool 1

[LODGE]
Members
284 posts
17,423 battles

They are absolutely OP. They're just as stupid as before, because they still use player skill against RNG. Until ship players can directly fight back against the planes instead of hoping RNG favours them, nothing will change. Only bots should control carriers in Random Battles and players should be able to use carriers only in Bot Battles.

I am also no longer giving WG money, in part due to the carriers, in part due to out and out OP ships.

Explain how you protect yourself from planes with "teamwork" and not AA. Press P when the battle starts and rely on your teamwork. And if after 11 000 battles you still expect teamwork from the retarded monkeys in this game, there's something wrong with you.

Fun is not possible in this game in its current state.

Edited by BarnacleCollector

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

so, how you feel be in a t6 bb vs 2 t8 bbs/dds/whatever?

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You seem to have missed the not sailing alone point. For a New Mexico sailing with any other US standard BB, 5, 6, or 7 would go a long way to surviving. Don't make yourself a target for CV's unless you are trying to get plane kills.

You do realize that by 1943 every US ship was being massively up-armed in AA.............   They were welding M2's to the freaking rails and everyone in the ships compliment had an AA station !!!  What has happened isn't suppose to be a WW2 reality, we know that.........   What we expect is that there should be a 'balance' between groups and individuals based on personal skill and "averaged out weapons systems..."    Not, as is currently, areas where one ship litterally rules the game in several different ways.   When DD's did this people screamed.  When BB's do this, people scream....  The difference is that when DD and BB's did this, the didn't change the entire game from minute 3 through the rest of the game......

That New Mexico should have enough AA, to put up on heck of a fight............not, be relegated to only surviving because "another player had to help you....."   that is where the rub is.........

• Cool 1

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles

Getting some mixed messages from OP, not sure how he feels about CVs and the current state of the +/-2 matchmaking:Smile_popcorn:

[FML]
Members
2,862 posts
12,773 battles
8 minutes ago, BarnacleCollector said:

Explain how you protect yourself from planes with "teamwork" and not AA. 

Well, I thought it would be pretty obvious. 

Imagine yourself in the carriers shoes. You are looking for targets who are alone and have weak AA.

So, if you have weak AA, don’t be alone.

Park next to someone with strong AA. That way, every time the carrier attacks you, it gets more and more costly for them - perhaps to the point where they attack something else instead. 

The rest is just map awareness and positioning. 

Beta Testers
117 posts
13,512 battles
22 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

i have 198 ships in port at the moment and i dont feel CV control the game as it did pre-update 0.8.0

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,340 posts
11,846 battles
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

You do realize that by 1943 every US ship was being massively up-armed in AA.............   They were welding M2's to the freaking rails and everyone in the ships compliment had an AA station !!!  What has happened isn't suppose to be a WW2 reality, we know that.........   What we expect is that there should be a 'balance' between groups and individuals based on personal skill and "averaged out weapons systems..."    Not, as is currently, areas where one ship litterally rules the game in several different ways.   When DD's did this people screamed.  When BB's do this, people scream....  The difference is that when DD and BB's did this, the didn't change the entire game from minute 3 through the rest of the game......

That New Mexico should have enough AA, to put up on heck of a fight............not, be relegated to only surviving because "another player had to help you....."   that is where the rub is.........

This is not a sim and you should know going in what our ships are capable of. As for surviving, sailing with another ship when CV's are present gives you a better chance to survive and that allows you to do more damage, doing more damage gives you more chances for kills and winning. If you are refusing to team up within a team game there is nothing anyone here can do to help you.

• Boring 1

[FML]
Members
2,862 posts
12,773 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Before the rework, carriers ruled the waves. If you had a good carrier player on your team, and they had a bad one, you won. Almost all of the time - the skill level of the other 11 players was not relevant. 

Post CV rework, carrier damage is down, plane kills are up, perma spotting is down, yet people still whine about CVs. Seriously, get some objectivity. 

And you realise that by 1943, carriers were kicking the crapout of everything and that’s why battleships have gone the way of the dinosaur and dodo.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,340 posts
11,846 battles
Just now, TheGreatKiller26 said:

i have 198 ships in port at the moment and i dont feel CV control the game as it did pre-update 0.8.0

It is ironic how fast people forgot about being WTH pawned in a single attack from a single CV and are now complaining about CV's that can only accomplish that with a detonation and have to come back again and again and again to have a chance of doing the same.

• Cool 4

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
8 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

The sooner the both of you work out that the primary defence against carriers is not AA, it is teamwork, the sooner you’re going to have fun in this game. 

Do you sail in straight lines then rage against eating a wall of torps? If adapting your play to the presence of DDs is part of the game, why isn’t adapting your play for the presence of carriers?

You do realize this is a First Person Shooter?  Random matches aren't team matches.....  I have zero control of the other 11 ships........  Clan battles are team matches....and, carriers should be there since that is the only mode where teams exist.

Does COOP have bot Carriers?  No.....   No, I forget about DD's and I can fight them on equal terms because we are both ships with direct fire weapons.  We are fighting in the First Person them: player against player and we can get help BUT, it is not required to survive.  I do that everyday in my Yamato when a DD wants to get "frisky".......it's why it has 11.3 KM secondaries.......  Aircraft are third person weapons........we never see the ship that launches them.  I can't hide from them.  I can't run from them AND, the weapons I used to defend myself are third person as well...........since I can't aim them as I would when fighting a ship.... 

The sooner the game recognizes this distinction, the faster we can get the players whom have left back in the game......where ships fight ships and Carriers are limited to one on each team and Clan battles are where carriers in greater numbers can have at it......... 

I hope I've made it clear what my perspective is..........it wasn't broken so why fix it?

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,340 posts
11,846 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

You do realize this is a First Person Shooter?  Random matches aren't team matches.....  I have zero control of the other 11 ships........  Clan battles are team matches....and, carriers should be there since that is the only mode where teams exist.

Does COOP have bot Carriers?  No.....   No, I forget about DD's and I can fight them on equal terms because we are both ships with direct fire weapons.  We are fighting in the First Person them: player against player and we can get help BUT, it is not required to survive.  I do that everyday in my Yamato when a DD wants to get "frisky".......it's why it has 11.3 KM secondaries.......  Aircraft are third person weapons........we never see the ship that launches them.  I can't hide from them.  I can't run from them AND, the weapons I used to defend myself are third person as well...........since I can't aim them as I would when fighting a ship.... 

The sooner the game recognizes this distinction, the faster we can get the players whom have left back in the game......where ships fight ships and Carriers are limited to one on each team and Clan battles are where carriers in greater numbers can have at it......... 

I hope I've made it clear what my perspective is..........it wasn't broken so why fix it?

It is still a team game and the team that works together the best will usually win.

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
4 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Before the rework, carriers ruled the waves. If you had a good carrier player on your team, and they had a bad one, you won. Almost all of the time - the skill level of the other 11 players was not relevant. 

Post CV rework, carrier damage is down, plane kills are up, perma spotting is down, yet people still whine about CVs. Seriously, get some objectivity. 

And you realise that by 1943, carriers were kicking the crapout of everything and that’s why battleships have gone the way of the dinosaur and dodo.

because there are strategic weapons !  Hello !  This is a tactical shooter....  The maps are way too small.....  You are describing a SIM.......  Reality and physics ahve been suspended indefinitely my friend.   The only way an arcade shooter survives is if the shooter has a 'balance' between pro-and antagonists....  Right now, that balance is off......  I have been playing in two CV games and was never not spotted in my DD's....  And the, there is the growing ranges of radar....  So, what is the point of DD's then?   Then, divisions are bringing three AA Cl's into the mix and all they are doing is sailing in circles shooting aircraft !  Uh, that leaves 6 ships to actually play the scenario......... 

Look I don't want Carriers gone...  We need to get the game back to being a tactical shooter again with some balance; because we are losing people to the meta and gimmicks for no logical reason.....   That's all.

[WORX]
Members
5,037 posts
15,593 battles
11 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

My main complaint is, the current in game battle version of the CV doesn't reflect what you just stated above... Because of that, balance wise is not present nor is it no where near achieved.

I stopped trying to play CV at patch 0.8.0.1 its really now worth it... After a few high tier battles, I can observe the ocean communications is extra salty lately.

WOWS as is for CVs and BBs, are no longer historically accurate. 

Will see how long this will last for.... Place your bets boys...

Edited by Navalpride33

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is still a team game and the team that works together the best will usually win.

Oh please.  I've seen so many games decided by one good carrier driver and one bad carrier driver, it's become a pre-game joke....   Again, it's an arcade FPS and that doesn't make teams a reality and, more often that not, individuals making good or bad individual decision wins or loses the game; especially, if that one person is a carrier driver....

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
1 hour ago, jamespetters said:

when you fix your god dammed carriers, a level 6 new mexico vs 2 lev 8 carriers? I may be back to the game, until then, you won't get one dam cent and you can take this [edited]game and put it up your azz's sideways. 

yea sure that happeneds every game.. It happeneds every time you log. Worst luck ever.

[GWG]
[GWG]
21,340 posts
11,846 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Oh please.  I've seen so many games decided by one good carrier driver and one bad carrier driver, it's become a pre-game joke....   Again, it's an arcade FPS and that doesn't make teams a reality and, more often that not, individuals making good or bad individual decision wins or loses the game; especially, if that one person is a carrier driver....

How often have you seen that since the rework? CV's and their shut down/loss is equivalent to the loss of any other ship now.

Members
1,412 posts
8,793 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Except for the CV, which really doesn't have to work closely with its team at all.  The only thing you need teammates for is to provide a buffer to prevent enemies from overwhelming you while you operate very independently.

Being lectured by CV players about how we just need to adapt and stop trying to use "lone wolf" tactics when they're playing what is very much a lone wolf ship themselves gets a bit tiresome.  Maybe CV's should have all their AA guns stripped off so they have to constantly hug cruisers throughout the game too.

• Cool 3

[SEUSA]
[SEUSA]
Members
7 posts
3,622 battles

Fix the damn carriers, not spending a dime either now....I know call me a [edited] or whatever anyone wants.  Everyone knows this carrier crapis out of control.  Game is in a sad state.  I have NOTHING against CV players either.   For the love of God don't defend this game in its current state.  This guy has a very valid point.

• Boring 3