You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
misanthrope0

CV Nation Reconmendation

13 comments in this topic

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

USN is the easy line to start

[SOV]
Members
2,916 posts
2 hours ago, misanthrope0 said:

Who do you recommend to start with and why?

US is the best. Dont bother with anything else.

If you get a prem Sipan.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,861 posts
11,767 battles

USN CV is very easy to play and pretty good against everything overall.

IJN CV are actually pretty good but they're very hard to make them work. You're really good against BB and CA but against DD your rocket are too innaccurate to properly repel them so you may as well just try and master TB against DD. But if you do, then IJN CV is probably the best CV right now.

RN CV doesn't look bad but it's very hard to find them a good place. If you want to farm damage, USN CV are way better. If you want spike damage, IJN CV are better. 

But all 3 CV have something in common. It's really hard to have a meaningful impact. A DD can bait radar / torps and basically have a free cap, a CA can either farm damage to the point he's a big threat and BB has very good go back to port power. CV offers really good spotting but if no one takes advantage of it, there isn't much you can do.

[UNNAT]
Members
425 posts
4,770 battles

American is far and away the best nation right now. They have the best rockets, HE DBs, and decent TBs. Their planes also have decent HP, good speed, and decent maneuverability. IJN has good TBs but suffers from situational AP bombers, weak rockets, and fragile planes. No comment on the Brit CVs.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,862 posts
8,222 battles

The best CV is the one you have, and the recent event potentially dropped T4 and T6 British carriers in a lot of people's laps.

The objective stats are one thing; the comfort I feel in my Furious rather than my Ranger is undeniable. I don't have the Ryujo to compare, but the Furious's converging torpedo drop feels a lot easier to use than the Ranger's and with the confidence it gives me, I get more hits.

[-TNT-]
Members
744 posts
12,017 battles

I recommend all nations carriers. Additionally I would like to see a Premium Italian and French carriers (tier VIII) introduced.  The French Navy did have the Bearn which the USN refitted her in 43-45.  However, she would be outclassed as a tier 8 and better suited as a tier 6 if WG decides to create French CV tech line.

RM Aquila.jpg

FN Joffre.jpg

FN Bearn.jpg

Members
3,624 posts
3,913 battles

I'd say the RN is the easiest, aside from carpet bombs defying gravity their aim reticle doesn't bloom a lot when adjusting and fighters don't have has long a start up time to use them. They all do decent damage and you can make last second changes without much penalty. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,678 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshiblue said:

I'd say the RN is the easiest, aside from carpet bombs defying gravity their aim reticle doesn't bloom a lot when adjusting and fighters don't have has long a start up time to use them. They all do decent damage and you can make last second changes without much penalty. 

Here is the thing. Each nation handles and feels different. Just because some like one nation doesn't mean you will. Get the low tier of each and try them. Whatever one you like most... grind that line.

[_-_]
Members
2,224 posts
10 hours ago, misanthrope0 said:

Who do you recommend to start with and why?

Switzerland. Because cheese. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles

USN is the most reliable, IMO. Those HE dive bombers will consistently give results vs. almost any ship, once you know how to use them. The rockets are good for quick chip damage, too (or huge chunks vs. non-T10 CVs).

I really like the RN CVs, but the level bombers are pretty unreliable, and the rocket planes are agonizingly slow. Between those two issues, the flexibility and reliability of the carriers really takes a hit. I still like them, but I really wish the rocket planes weren't so stupidly slow, that that the easiest-to-dodge level bombers would get a much narrower reticle so they'd at least consistently wreck face on good drops.

[UFFA]
Members
1,694 posts
72 battles

Wouldn’t it be more like Béarn, Joffre, (project?), Jean Bart conversion?