You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
deresistance

Ranked - Why X and CVs?

36 comments in this topic

[RMRGD]
Members
425 posts
20,072 battles

Ranked with Tier 9 and arms race overall seemed very positive.   Players liked it.   Arms race was a great mode.  I even played Ranked again.    But now we go back to tier X...  again.    Tier X for Ranked,   Tier X for Clan Battles, Tier X for KOT.    Its getting old.    The cherry on top is the CVs.    Not going to touch that one its a mistake.   They will have domination power with how small the teams are.  

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[SBS]
Members
4,570 posts
2,408 battles

How could you take anything other than a strong AA ship with CVs in ranked?  This will be a great way to bring the CV hate to the next level. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

How could you take anything other than a strong AA ship with CVs in ranked?  This will be a great way to bring the CV hate to the next level. :cap_like:

Even then they will find that the CV has far more "carrying" ability and some percentage of the targets will jump on the CV bandwagon.  Lolfasts come to mind.  This is on a whole new scumbaggy sort of level though.  You've outdone yourself, WG.....

[INTEL]
Members
10,635 posts
29,956 battles

Aw crap. Ramming that Grieferbote garbage down our throats in every game mode. 

And T10 again. When will they learn?

• Cool 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
20 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

My guess would be to sell more premium CVs.

They dont have TX premium cvs

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles
4 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

They dont have TX premium cvs

Buy T8 premium, rent TX CV.  The conversion of xp to free Xp to buy your way to TX also serves as a scumbaggery generated income stream.  Monetized frustration is the more generic term that I just made up.

[WTAF]
Members
433 posts
14,988 battles

They push T10 because their whole goal is to force people to convert XP and spend cash to race to T10. That's why you see so many crappy players at high tiers now. It's a foolish move on their part. Not only will it NOT get people to spend more, it has been causing long-term players to quit the game. It should take a hell of a lot of work and effort to get a T10 ship.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,756 posts
18,953 battles

I really wish they would do ranked woth tiers 7 or 8. It would be nice to play an actual all tier 8 match. I'm not really for or against CVs in ranked actually. It's cool in the sense that it isnt so one dimensional but at the same time it might really suck.

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,352 battles

funny-vintage-guy-with-stereo-boombox-da

It's the same song, just a different beat. WG is constantly "getting down" to the tune of shooting themselves in the foot. 

I think it's funny, though, that - for a lot of people - only with this latest calamity are the chickies coming home to roost on this CV thing. Their one refuge from the plague is being shredded like a fart in a hurricane, and now we must take up arms and rebel.

The fight's lost. This IS the game.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
13 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

Buy T8 premium, rent TX CV.  The conversion of xp to free Xp to buy your way to TX also serves as a scumbaggery generated income stream.  Monetized frustration is the more generic term that I just made up. 

Well wg need sell bad premiuns to keep this game alive

[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
1 hour ago, deresistance said:

Ranked with Tier 9 and arms race overall seemed very positive.   Players liked it.   Arms race was a great mode.  I even played Ranked again.    But now we go back to tier X...  again.    Tier X for Ranked,   Tier X for Clan Battles, Tier X for KOT.    Its getting old.    The cherry on top is the CVs.    Not going to touch that one its a mistake.   They will have domination power with how small the teams are.  

Rentals seem to say that they want to push people to tier 10 as quickly as possible, mo money......:Smile_sceptic:

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles
8 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Well wg need sell bad premiuns to keep this game alive

Yeah but lolfasts are one thing.  CVs are another thing entirely.  Lolfasts have counters.  Lolfasts can only be in one place at a time.  You can get away with a certain of lolfasts and still have a competitive game. 

You can't unwind the new CVs without running off the best customers that WG has left.  And, you can't have a competitive game with CVs.  So maybe keeping it alive is not really the goal.

[RMRGD]
Members
425 posts
20,072 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

Full spec DM still cant drive away Midways.    Minotaurs are probably the best AA around

Members
348 posts
5,927 battles

I was very upset with this news to be honest. I was looking forward to the next ranked season as a haven from CV's. I played t7's with a mate last friday evening and every match but one was double CV's.  After he went to bed I had one last match in a T9 thinking I'll be in a T10 match so only one CV. MM had the last laugh though and made me top tier with dual CV's again. Not only that but I haven't had a CV less match in two weeks. 

WG knows a significant portion of it's playerbase hates CV's. What in @#$@% is going through their minds to introduce them now into the last mode that was free of them?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,335 posts
11,846 battles
1 hour ago, CommodoreKang said:

My guess would be to sell more premium CVs.

There are no tier 10 premium CV's.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

There are no tier 10 premium CV's.

Oh you CV guys are so.....differently abled.  

Use your imagination and when that fails try reading the thread.

[EQRN]
Members
1,319 posts
12,246 battles

I will play one battle to claim the rewards and I’m out.  Last season was great to grind a couple T9s.  I’ve got plenty of T7 and 8 ships, and even another T9 I would have liked to grind out using this coming season.  Very disappointed :fish_palm:

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,410 battles
12 minutes ago, Terkoz said:

What in @#$@% is going through their minds to introduce them now into the last mode that was free of them?

Maybe console is the new hotness and PC is old and busted and wrung out of cash and expensive to maintain.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
971 posts
6,664 battles

Sigh with sprint and arms race I had just gotten back to ranked guess I'll sit this one out.

• Cool 1

[U571]
Privateers
321 posts
4,398 battles

I think TX will be fine, they have to keep players playing the TX ships that they ground out a line for and entice people to go up lines. I hunk it’s great (although T6 CB would be fun :fish_book:)

Beta Testers
634 posts
1,691 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

But...couldn't you just bring all the highest AA ships and make the enemy CV totally useless?

[CUTE]
Members
405 posts
14,809 battles
1 hour ago, Terkoz said:

I was very upset with this news to be honest. I was looking forward to the next ranked season as a haven from CV's. I played t7's with a mate last friday evening and every match but one was double CV's.  After he went to bed I had one last match in a T9 thinking I'll be in a T10 match so only one CV. MM had the last laugh though and made me top tier with dual CV's again. Not only that but I haven't had a CV less match in two weeks. 

WG knows a significant portion of it's playerbase hates CV's. What in @#$@% is going through their minds to introduce them now into the last mode that was free of them?

Ranked has never been a CV free zone.  Just that when they were in the old RTS format there were far less people playing them and even fewer that were capable of playing them well.  Less population, less chance to run into them.  Now however, theyre the latest hot topic of WoWs and everyone has their hands on them.  So, increased population and popularity (however negative it is) means more people playing them, which will affect the frequency with which you find yourself in a CV match.

[HEROS]
Members
1,831 posts
6,013 battles
2 hours ago, War_Maggot said:

Not only will it NOT get people to spend more, it has been causing long-term players to quit the game. It should take a hell of a lot of work and effort to get a T10 ship.

reminds me of world of Warcraft... played 6 months to get up to L60 for a flying mount. 3 months later, they sold mounts at L40, and a couple months later, introduced death knights. now you can purchase mounts at 20, even though you can rush a toon to L80 in less than 3 weeks with a $$ guide. oh, and then arena. even with a 300x larger player base, the similarities are a bit spooky.

would actually like to see some stats about long term players quitting the game. still see a lot of familiar faces contributing in the forum. is that a feeling, or do you actually have #s to back it up???