You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xTrowax

Kurfurst without secondary focus

9 comments in this topic

[SCREW]
Members
221 posts
12,291 battles

Honestly, I prefer to focus on the main battery when I play battleships. They're your primary source of damage and i believe should be your priority. That said, I'm wondering if i can get an effective build by focusing on the main guns first, specifically with the accuracy and reload mods, and only boost the secondaries with captain skills. Bft, aft, and mansec. Has anyone tried this? Did you find it to be effective? 

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,763 posts
18,972 battles

That's how I've set mine up. I use the Main Battery reload Mod in slot 6.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000010000010100001001000100019

I feel that the primary damage comes from the main battery and the secondaries only add some damage, but shouldnt be neglected. They'll help with DDs and Cruisers but unless you're not shooting your main battery always has more damage potential.

Edited by Skuggsja

[UN1]
Members
641 posts
2,328 battles
10 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

Honestly, I prefer to focus on the main battery when I play battleships. They're your primary source of damage and i believe should be your priority. That said, I'm wondering if i can get an effective build by focusing on the main guns first, specifically with the accuracy and reload mods, and only boost the secondaries with captain skills. Bft, aft, and mansec. Has anyone tried this? Did you find it to be effective? 

It's plenty fine.  The dispersion difference is pretty minor, and the range difference is minor too (if they come within 11.7km they'll come within 10.2km as well).  You just won't rack up as much secondary damage, but it'll still be head over heels better than other ships.  Think of it as more for defensive purposes.

Keep in mind though that full secondary build is more DPM until you acquire the legendary module, but DPM isn't everything.

[JMMAF]
Members
315 posts
5,582 battles

I toyed with both and would never go back to main battery build. The secondary build is just so impactful. it allows you to effectively engage two targets at once.  If you are doing your job and getting closer than the average battleship (10-12k) then the secondarys are gonna chew people up. IT allows you to have a reliable source of starting fires, you can assign your guns to DD's and cruisers if you are getting flanked.  Plus there is something mentally that happens to players when they are swimming in shells coming at them that causes them to break off.  To rely solely on the kurfurst main guns with the unholy dispersion to me is to not embrace what this ship is.  A brawler...

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,257 posts
19,624 battles

If you want to do a Main Battery oriented BB Line, USN, IJN, RN would have been better in every way in terms of gunnery.

In Tier X, if I wanted a Main Battery oriented BB, Yamato, Montana, Conqueror would be the better choice.  I have tried Main Battery GK before.  She's pretty decent in it, but I realized one thing.  I could just play Montana or something like her instead, and have a far superior experience in that kind of BB playstyle.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,693 posts
3,560 battles
52 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

It would be wrong to take BFT and not secondary mod 1 on non secondary GK. I cant blame you for not wanting things like IFHE and the secondary mod in slot 6, but BFT is a waste of 3 points unless you are 110% in on secondaries. Superintendent and BoS are far better

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,965 battles
1 hour ago, megahugenoob said:

I toyed with both and would never go back to main battery build. The secondary build is just so impactful. it allows you to effectively engage two targets at once.  If you are doing your job and getting closer than the average battleship (10-12k) then the secondarys are gonna chew people up. IT allows you to have a reliable source of starting fires, you can assign your guns to DD's and cruisers if you are getting flanked.  Plus there is something mentally that happens to players when they are swimming in shells coming at them that causes them to break off.  To rely solely on the kurfurst main guns with the unholy dispersion to me is to not embrace what this ship is.  A brawler...

I like this do you use manual secondaries I don't use them I like when my secondaries just open up and alert me to a DD or CA I didn't see .

[JMMAF]
Members
315 posts
5,582 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

I like this do you use manual secondaries I don't use them I like when my secondaries just open up and alert me to a DD or CA I didn't see .

I do use manual secondaries. I think its an outstanding options. IT allows me to specifically say when ship I Want my guns to focus down.  Its excellent for tagging an DD and then when they appear again, the secondaries start right on in on it.