Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Frustration with CV - Please nerf DD!

21 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
971 posts
17,572 battles

Most T10 DD have ridiculously powerful AA that renders T8 CV planes ineffective, a single lone wolf DD instantly wiped out a squadron of 12 planes within few seconds is ridiculous, i didn't even get a chance to unload a single salvo.

Seriously, AA need to be nerfed on T10 DD, they are way too OP!!  :cap_rambo:

• Cool 3

[-TD-]
[-TD-]
Members
752 posts
1,665 battles

Related image

And no DD AA is not OP... 

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_
  • Cool 1

[RWBY]
Members
246 posts
6,093 battles

The problem here is most certainly not DD AAA. You could make a strong case for AA power scaling with tier being out of whack. Perhaps the differences tier for tier should be reduced both for AA and aircraft durability.

But as things currently stand many DD players are having a hard time dealing with the proliferation of CVs. DDs are already the most fragile, high risk ships in the game. Neutering DD AA when they’re already being hunted to extinction by CVs is a terrible idea. Frankly some effort should be made to shift CV targeting priorities away from DDs.

I’ve dealt reasonably well with the CV rework, but many others have not. It takes more patience, care, and map awareness, to play DDs now and not get immediately focused by CVs. Even then sometimes there’s nothing you can do. 

• Cool 4

[CRMSN]
Members
8,404 posts
9,011 battles
13 minutes ago, urk_the_red said:

But as things currently stand many DD players are having a hard time dealing with the proliferation of CVs. DDs are already the most fragile, high risk ships in the game. Neutering DD AA when they’re already being hunted to extinction by CVs is a terrible idea. Frankly some effort should be made to shift CV targeting priorities away from DDs.

I’ve dealt reasonably well with the CV rework, but many others have not. It takes more patience, care, and map awareness, to play DDs now and not get immediately focused by CVs. Even then sometimes there’s nothing you can do. 

This, this right here.

Sorry, CV driver, but considering how bad most DDs have it right now, you'll get no sympathy here.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
Supertester
2,172 posts
9,403 battles

For starters, you should have realized that Grozovoi is one of the strongest AA DDs in the game alongside Gearing. Based on that clip that groz was also very likely AA mostly or completely AA spec, and to top if off you flew through a very like reinforced sector through his DFAA. Its your fault, not his 

• Cool 6

[HINON]
Members
11,237 posts

Even before I watched the video I knew it was likely a Groz haha. You flew in with little evasive maneuvers and went right through the flak against one of the DDs that is an AA platform and got punished for it. 

Edited by RipNuN2

[TF_34]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,611 posts
10,754 battles

The problem is WG tends to balance off other ships in tier when it comes to stats. So seeing as t10 Cv's tend to be 50% more effective then t8 you tend to get a much higher aa counter in t10 ships. So... DDS are not the problem.

As a side note. There are only 2 places a t8 cv can attack a groz and even then you best be UK. Bow and stern. Simple LOS dictates these are the least protected areas. So rocket the hell out of it as you will kill the as of the groz and it's longer size means greater chances of impact. In the implacable, I can get 3-6k per strike this method using rockets. I also only make 1 attempt on them per squadron. In the early part of a game aa is at its peak so trying for a big play is always a fail.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
181 posts
658 battles

You flew into Groz flak with Enterprise planes. Not sure what you’re expecting. 

[DENY]
Members
446 posts
8,323 battles
51 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

Most T10 DD have ridiculously powerful AA that renders T8 CV planes ineffective, a single lone wolf DD instantly wiped out a squadron of 12 planes within few seconds is ridiculous, i didn't even get a chance to unload a single salvo.

Weak troll attempt, you literally flew your planes deliberately into his Flack Bursts and got wrecked. That is what is supposed to happen.

Flack is easy to avoid, and not only did you not avoid it, you deliberately flew into the flack bursts to receive maximum damage.

[AK-47]
Members
243 posts
5,393 battles

Yeah, why DDs even having AA anyway, since they always get nuked for 3k or 5k by a TX CV right from the start.

Why letting DD players struggling? By giving them hope in the form of AA? Just remove AA so CVs can farm damage not only without risking the ships, but also without risking their planes.

Also, I suggest removing AA from all ship classes, and making the game solely based on CV vs. CV match.

Getting a bit salty after watching Flambass's stream today.:cap_rambo:

[A-CUP]
Members
1,017 posts
8,115 battles

You went into Groz AA which is one the most powerful AA DDs out there, with minimal maneuvering and and T8 planes..YOu didnt even decelerate, which resulted your planes taking insane amount of flak dmg..  

Honestly, what did you expect, or are you lazy in researching which ships has good AA? 

[CSALT]
Members
1,012 posts
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

Life for all bottom tiers when being shot by top tier is brutal regardless of what ship class you're in or the tiers involved.  Seriously, what tier X ship's  AA doesn't chew up and wreck Tier VIII CV planes?

You'll get your reward when your tier X CV is chewing up tier 8 ships with near impunity.

[SPTR]
Members
26,759 posts
13,526 battles

There are weekend warriors then this one takes the charm, weekend posters.

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

Get a Wakeful. Sail around a while. 

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles

Groz is one of the best  AA DDs os the game (if not the best) possible with at least partial AA build while OP is a botton tier T8 CV, doing very little to dodge the flak. Did he really expected a different outcome? 

I can only think of two options, either OP still dont know basics of the game after 14k battles, or he knows and is just trying to be a troll. 

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
602 posts
1 hour ago, urk_the_red said:

Frankly some effort should be made to shift CV targeting priorities away from DDs.

Like making CVs as vulnerable to CVs as every other ship type. Right now that's not the case, when a KGV  can kill a CV with HE with no significant fire damage ( and i tried i really wanted to see it burn ) the DCP values need adjusted, and a 6min fighter cap REALLY ( Enterprise )

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

we need more threads like this

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
602 posts

Don't get me wrong i like blap'en CVs when i'm in a CA or a BB or even a CL, do it every chance i can, but have seen some of the CV SECONDARY DUELS LATELY? LOL

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
279 posts
4,790 battles
4 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

Don't get me wrong i like blap'en CVs when i'm in a CA or a BB or even a CL, do it every chance i can, but have seen some of the CV SECONDARY DUELS LATELY? LOL

I got involved in one of those recently... Kaga vs my Midway. I was already around half when we started so he won but I completely deplaned him. 92 planes shot down in the cap we were fighting over. Kaga planes don’t do well against that OP American AA 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,523 battles

Why... you... do...THIS? Battlefield 101 clearly shows the Groz as a AA DD. 

I agree, 1/10 troll attempt.

Would not recommend or read again.

Sign in to follow this