AdmiralThunder

AdmiralThunder's Co-op Carnage 2 (Contest)

84 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles

***CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! THANK YOU TO ALL PARTICIPANTS. WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY***

***UPDATE 1 - I have been asked what the prizes will be. I am not telling. 1 - because I don't know what will be available in the shop when it is time to buy them and 2 - because I want it to be a surprise. They will not be hugely expensive prizes but they will be decent.***

It's time for another AT contest for Co-op players. They seem to have removed the player contest forum where I ran the last one so I will do this here. This is something for the Co-op players in this game that WG ignores and treats so poorly. Please note this contest is run by me solely and all prizes are paid for by me. My clanmates are eligible but receive no special consideration. Obviously I am not eligible. My contest, my rules, my word is final. LOL :Smile_teethhappy:

This contest is a little different than the last one for those of you who remember it. I think it will be fun and most everyone should be able to participate and have a chance at winning. I will once again do the consolation prize drawing so every person that enters at least one game result has a chance to win something even if you feel you have no shot at the damage title. So let's get on with the contest info...

The contest will be to see who can do the most damage in a T5 Battleship (in a single game this is not a total of all games played). No CV, DD. or Cruiser this time. This contest is for T5 BB's only. I picked this because most people can field a T5 BB or they aren't too hard to get to if you don't have one. They are also all pretty well balanced vs each other so it doesn't matter which you choose you have just as good a chance at doing damage. It's also not easy to have a great game in Co-op in a T5 BB so that is part of the challenge.

Here are the rules and other info and please note that in the last contest I made a few exceptions here and there and overlooked a few things. I am not doing that this time. Please follow all the rules as listed. Entries that do not qualify will not be accepted for any reason.

STARTS: Monday April 22, 2019
ENDS: Monday May 6, 2019
FINAL ENTRY SUBMISSION DATE: Tuesday May 7, 2019 by 5PM EST

RULES:

1. T5 Battleships (tech tree or premium) only.
2. Co-op games only. Scenarios and PVP modes do not qualify.
3. Only games played between the posted start and end dates qualify.
4. All entries MUST contain screen shots of the following 3 post battle results screens or they will be rejected (no exceptions):

• Personal Score - it MUST show it was a Co-op game as well as the date you played it
  • Team Score - the standings
  • Detailed Report - shows what you did damage to

5. You may submit as many entries as you wish but...

• You may only win ONE prize
  • Once you submit your initial entry only submit entries moving forward that have a higher damage total

6. DO NOT post your entries in this thread! You may either PM them to me or you may PM me for an email address to send them to (I am not posting my email). If you post any results (screen shots, written account of your damage total, etc...) in the thread that game is disqualified. If someone has a high damage game early on and posts it that will discourage other players from even trying. ALL results are to be kept private between the entrant and myself until the contest is over and I announce the winners. I reserve the right to disqualify entirely any entrant who abuses/breaks this rule.
7. Prizes:

• 1st Place: The entrant with the highest overall total damage done in a single game in a T5 Battleship 
  • 2nd Place: The entrant with the 2nd highest overall total damage done in a single game in a T5 Battleship 
  • 3rd Place: The entrant with the 3rd highest overall total damage done in a single game in a T5 Battleship 
  • Consolation Prize: all players with at least one entry, that did not win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, will be entered into a random name drawing and the entrants name that is drawn will win a prize.

8. Tie Breakers. In the event we have a tie (2 or more entrants with the exact same damage done) for a prize the following tie
breakers will be used:

1. Most Kills - if entrant A has 5 kills and entrant B has 4; entrant A wins.
  2. Potential Damage Taken - whichever entrant has the highest potential damage taken wins
  3. Coin Flip - if kills and potential damage taken do not break the tie a coin flip will be used.

In the event tie breakers are needed the player that loses the tie breaker will win the next lowest prize. So...

• Tie for 1st = tie breaker winner gets 1st place and loser gets 2nd place.
  • Tie for 2nd = tier breaker winner gets 2nd place and loser gets 3rd place.
  • Tie for 3rd = tier breaker winner gets 3rd place and loser does not place.

9. This contest is for NA server players who’s WOWS NA website (this site) screen name is the same as their in game screen name only.
10. Results will be posted and prizes awarded within a day or two of the contest ending. I will do my best to get the results up and prizes out asap. 
11. I reserve the right to amend these rules if needed to address any unforeseen situations.

Best of luck to you all.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 12

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,138 posts
21,301 battles

Nice job Thunder! Looks like a great contest and I wish everyone luck who goes for the "Admiral Thunder's Battleship Challenge"!

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles

Great contest AT and thank you for your generosity.

Clan Daily msg has been updated. :Smile_honoring:

[WOLF8]
Members
5,136 posts
4,927 battles

Awesome, Admiral. Thank you for hosting another fun event, for the Coop-ers. :Smile_great:

I will definitely participate, and try my luck with muh trusty Konig, being a German ship lover, lol. Maybe even Kongo and GC, for their speed. Not so much with the rest, due to the speed issue.

(I feel like Texas and New York would be hard pressed to keep up, lel.) :Smile_hiding:

[WOLF8]
Members
5,136 posts
4,927 battles

Sorry for a double post, but I feel like I should bring this to Admiral's attention:

Admiral, maybe you might want to bold and highlight following bits of your post, so that people can't miss them:

39 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

please note that in the last contest I made a few exceptions here and there and overlooked a few things. I am not doing that this time. Please follow all the rules as listed. Entries that do not qualify will not be accepted for any reason.

(snip)

DO NOT post your entries in this thread! You may either PM them to me or you may PM me for an email address to send them to (I am not posting my email). If you post any results (screen shots, written account of your damage total, etc...) in the thread that game is disqualified. If someone has a high damage game early on and posts it that will discourage other players from even trying. ALL results are to be kept private between the entrant and myself until the contest is over and I announce the winners. I reserve the right to disqualify entirely any entrant who abuses/breaks this rule.

Because we all know at least someone will NOT read thoroughly and definitively break a rule, intentional or not, lol.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,499 posts
6,886 battles

Ah yes this brought back some great memories from the last one.

I do fear seeing GCs being more favored.

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles

Twelve shall enter the arena.

Fell battle awaits them.

Who will survive?

Who will triumph?

There can be only one.

Rl5sNQB.jpg

T minus 30.3 hours

[RKLES]
Members
9,560 posts
11,477 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I see many rushing to their GCs. Good Luck All. :Smile_honoring:

Lol yeah I never managed to get a Guillio Ceasar. I will have to use one of my other tier 5 BBs instead of GC, although I do agree that the GC certainly is the best choice to use for such a contest with her high speed and firepower. Any other tier 5 BB you are forced to decide between speed or firepower.

[USCC2]
Members
4,779 posts
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol yeah I never managed to get a Guillio Ceasar. I will have to use one of my other tier 5 BBs instead of GC, although I do agree that the GC certainly is the best choice to use for such a contest with her high speed and firepower. Any other tier 5 BB you are forced to decide between speed or firepower.

Well good Luck to you; although there are certain ships that generally do better on average there is nothing to say you can't pull a great game out of the bag. Never know, the GC may go the way of ships like the Belfast that everyone wanted to kill first - it could make it more difficult to win the comp using the GC(?) - whatever happens I prefer to wish all who take part good luck! :Smile_honoring:

[RKLES]
Members
9,560 posts
11,477 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Well good Luck to you; although there are certain ships that generally do better on average there is nothing to say you can't pull a great game out of the bag. Never know, the GC may go the way of ships like the Belfast that everyone wanted to kill first - it could make it more difficult to win the comp using the GC(?) - whatever happens I prefer to wish all who take part good luck! :Smile_honoring:

Well in Co-Op it’s only Ai bots on enemy team. So a GC can decide where and when to engage or easily pull back if things get too hot. That’s the beauty of the Battle Cruiser BBs in the game is you can really dictate the terms of engagements. Lol that’s why I love Battle Cruisers, even the PE Friedrich. So I will probably just have to use Kongo and make do without the 2 extra gun barrels that GC gets

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
On 4/20/2019 at 3:06 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Most Kills - if entrant A has 5 kills and entrant B has 4; entrant A wins

A thought.  In addition to actual damage done, a kill adds 15% of the target's HP as bonus or "virtual" damage.  Therefore, a player with equal final damage but fewer kills did more *actual* damage in the battle. (The same applies to other types of bonus damage, but those are nearly impossible to identify.)

As pointed out below, a kill give bonus XP, not damage.  So forget I said anything.  [Still waiting to wake up today.]

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF5]
Members
741 posts
26,395 battles

Thanks Thunder. I see you're getting all of us ready for ranked by encouraging damage farming :-). 

Oh and the Contest forum got moved up so it's under the WoWs section but since only Fem's contests have been in it, I don't know of Player run contests are encouraged in that forum. 

Edited by h9k_a

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
51 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Thanks Thunder. I see you're getting all of us ready for ranked by encouraging damage farming :-). 

Oh and the Contest forum got moved up so it's under the WoWs section but since only Fem's contests have been in it, I don't know of Player run contests are encouraged in that forum. 

You can't start threads there so it's only for WG

[PVE]
Members
3,360 posts
21,651 battles
On 4/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, Vader_Sama said:

Ah yes this brought back some great memories from the last one.

I do fear seeing GCs being more favored.

If I'm not mistaken you took top place in the 1st one didn't you?

2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

A thought.  In addition to actual damage done, a kill adds 15% of the target's HP as bonus or "virtual" damage.  Therefore, a player with equal final damage but fewer kills did more *actual* damage in the battle. (The same applies to other types of bonus damage, but those are nearly impossible to identify.)

Actually sinking a ship only gives you a 15% XP bonus...it doesn't add to the overall damage that you do.

I've personally noticed this while paying attention to damage totals during challenges/missions/tasks before firing at ships & thinking "if I sink this guy it will give me ____ more damage" & after killing them getting that much extra damage & no more.

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually sinking a ship only gives you a 15% XP bonus...it doesn't add to the overall damage that you do.

Ah!  Good point. 

Never mind.

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
5 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If I'm not mistaken you took top place in the 1st one didn't you?

I've personally noticed this while paying attention to damage totals during challenges/missions/tasks before firing at ships & thinking "if I sink this guy it will give me ____ more damage" & after killing them getting that much extra damage & no more.

@Vader_Sama took 1st in the T8-T10 category with an insane 300K+ damage game. I believe it was in Republique maybe?  @HamptonRoads was 2nd with 278K or thereabouts as I recall in his GK.

[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,568 battles

I'm in.

Of course, I did more with the Tier 3 cruiser Charleston than I did in my best Tier 5 battleship Co-op battle. :cap_fainting:

[PVE]
Members
3,360 posts
21,651 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

@Vader_Sama took 1st in the T8-T10 category with an insane 300K+ damage game. I believe it was in Republique maybe?  @HamptonRoads was 2nd with 278K or thereabouts as I recall in his GK.

Actually I was 2nd in the T8-10 category in my Gearing...got the Molotov from it (Thank you VERY much again for that)...278 or thereabouts does seem about right...had the screenshots saved but lost them when my computer at that time died & switched to a new one for some reason...would think they would be linked to the account but for some reason they all disappeared when the computer died (along w/my ability to watch replays).

I did remember Vada used a BB for the top place but couldn't remember which one.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
591 posts
16,691 battles
30 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Had to go back through my old email, but I had 271K with the GK.  Vader_Sama beat me by a huge margin, he had 345K with a Republique.