You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
blackbird_521

WASP (CV-7)

10 comments in this topic

[HELLS]
Members
2,256 posts
21,328 battles

They should have brought USS Wasp (with Enterprise planes but slightly smaller squadrons) in rather than USS Saipan (with T10 airplanes) as a T8 Premium.

[TATIC]
Members
32 posts
3 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Eles deveriam ter trazido USS Wasp  (com aviões Enterprise, mas esquadrões ligeiramente menores) em vez de  USS Saipan (com aviões T10) como um T8 Premium.

exactly was an aircraft carrier that wanted to see in the game

[YGGD]
Beta Testers
2,659 posts
22,092 battles

I wouldn't be surprise to see the USS Wasp down the road a bit after this CV fiasco blows over...……...

[A-I-M]
Members
1,968 posts
10,476 battles
44 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I wouldn't be surprise to see the USS Wasp down the road a bit, this CV fiasco blows

Fixed

That

For

You

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
614 posts
5,087 battles

I'd like to see Wasp at tier 6. We already have 2 USN tier 8 premium CVs, and I'm not certain WG would be able to differentiate it enough to make it stand out at that tier. At tier 6, however, it could be outfitted with a smaller number of higher tier planes, similar to Saipan, which would fit well considering it was a contemporary of the Yorktown class.

This is assuming, of course, WG fixes the issues with AA vs. plane survivability within +/-2 matchmaking. Tier 8 planes vs. tier 5 AA would be disgusting.

[TATIC]
Members
32 posts
20 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Eu gostaria de ver o Wasp no nível 6. Nós já temos 2 currículos premium do USN tier 8, e eu não estou certo de que o WG seria capaz de diferenciá-lo o suficiente para fazer com que ele se destaque naquele nível. No nível 6, no entanto, ele poderia ser equipado com um número menor de aviões de nível superior, semelhante ao Saipan, que se encaixaria bem, considerando que era um contemporâneo da classe de Yorktown.

Isto está assumindo, é claro, que o WG conserte os problemas com a capacidade de sobrevivência de AA contra o plano dentro de uma correspondência de +/- 2. Planos de nível 8 vs. nível 5 AA seriam repugnantes.

it would be great I think the wasp was a very forgotten ship the only one of its kind at some point the wargaming needs to bring it they brought the wichita why was not

USS_Wasp_CV-7_underway_1942.jpg

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,413 posts
2,717 battles

essex class carriers benefited from her too and not just the yorktowns because of her "deck edge elevator" which was incorporated into the larger essex carriers in the form of rear elevators.

[-KAK-]
Members
358 posts
7,728 battles
On 4/20/2019 at 4:28 PM, Cpt_Whiskey72 said:

Wasp with her ‘42 load out would be a great tier 6 premium.

I'm thinking the same thing. Hopefully when WG readds the other CVs (Essex, Taiho, et all) we'll get Wasp added. 

• Cool 1