ol_Cajun

So no more twitch drops?

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
434 posts
10,775 battles

Missing those 100K containers. Why did they quit, anyone know?

[RST]
Members
411 posts
8,759 battles

Was just looking for the answer to this question as well. @iKami

Edited by groomsiebelle

[RST]
Members
411 posts
8,759 battles

I'm just hearing on stream that they stopped regular drops while the space drops are going on...that might make sense but I don't think it was clearly communicated. 

[USCC2]
Members
4,781 posts

There have been other threads on the issue already.

Yes there are Twitch drops - yes WG said that you would get Twitch drops for watching WoWs Streams. And yes, it is WG, so they have now limited them even if people are watching like they said (I believe it is on a monthly cycle).

Think about it, I mean it was actually working straight off the bat - something working :Smile_amazed: - of course WG were going to change it lol. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
28 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

I'm just hearing on stream that they stopped regular drops while the space drops are going on...that might make sense but I don't think it was clearly communicated. 

It wasn't clear ... I assumed, wrongly, it was in addition to the regular Twitch drops.  I got a response to a support ticket confirming the Space drops (actually notices) are a replacement.

But they're not ... they either changed the odds, or limited them after the initial drops.  I know I got 50 extra Ironium on late Monday/early Tuesday .... and haven't seen another drop of any kind in 4 days.  With streams running up to 8-12 hours a day, even if just in the background.

If they are going to stop Space "drops" at 5, give us Twitch drops back ... at least I was getting 1 a day!

ev.jpg

Alpha Tester
434 posts
10,775 battles

OK, thanks for the info. Got used to a container every day or two, but I have seen nothing from twitch for days, and have actually watched more WoWS.  No big deal, just wondering why crates just stopped. Now I have more time for youtube and cat vids.

[PVE]
Members
9,332 posts
16,577 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

It wasn't clear ... I assumed, wrongly, it was in addition to the regular Twitch drops.  I got a response to a support ticket confirming the Space drops (actually notices) are a replacement.

But they're not ... they either changed the odds, or limited them after the initial drops.  I know I got 50 extra Ironium on late Monday/early Tuesday .... and haven't seen another drop of any kind in 4 days.  With streams running up to 8-12 hours a day, even if just in the background.

If they are going to stop Space "drops" at 5, give us Twitch drops back ... at least I was getting 1 a day!

ev.jpg

Yeah they borked this whole thing like the usually do. Their communication skills are some of the worst I have ever seen from a company. They never tell you everything at the outset (intentional or inept?) and then slowly stuff comes out and what it is never quite is what it looked like at the start. Just pathetic.

I have received nothing after the 1st 2 days despite running multiple streams non stop. It is clear I am not getting more so I stopped.

Also, I got 2 regular Twitch containers in among the various Space drops (Ironium, Camo, SC).

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Also, I got 2 regular Twitch containers in among the various Space drops (Ironium, Camo, SC).

I have a feeling they had a max of 5 drops planned (50 Ironium) over the entire period ... but didn't expect so many people to get them all the first day.

And since they were a replacement for regular Twitch drops, a lot of folks got nothing after hitting that max.  Have a few days left to see if I'm wrong.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,498 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah they borked this whole thing like the usually do. Their communication skills are some of the worst I have ever seen from a company. They never tell you everything at the outset (intentional or inept?) and then slowly stuff comes out and what it is never quite is what it looked like at the start. Just pathetic.

I have received nothing after the 1st 2 days despite running multiple streams non stop. It is clear I am not getting more so I stopped.

The communication of WG is gold compared to some others. Black Desert Online is much worst offender. Still, it isn't up to what it should be. Like all those opt in stuff showing up on the main page.

I usually got 5-7 container per week, now I only got one since the space drops start (maybe they need to travel a longer distance now before they hit my port :Smile_trollface:)

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,615 posts
34,443 battles

Don't know if its true.

But one of the Twitch streams I was watching yesterday said that the Twitch drops were disabled because Supercontainers were dropping  more often than they should have been.