Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Ranked Season 12

67 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

714
[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts

7v7 Tier 10?  New Reward for Rank 1?  Carriers?  Rental Ships!?! ... oh my.  This should be ... interesting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
714
[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

late to the party

Ah, OK.  It may still be of benefit to everyone else who also predominately reads just the general topics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
541 posts

so can you climb ranks in a rental and then finish/continue on using a T10 if you obtain one, not that I play on playing ranked at all but am curious how they handle that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,014
[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
4 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Ah, OK.  It may still be of benefit to everyone else who also predominately reads just the general topics. 

Oh yeah, just don't be surprised if it gets merged to the Dev corner thread. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts

May the best Midway win?

 

This is a big mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
228
[NSEW]
Members
1,208 posts
7 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Ah, OK.  It may still be of benefit to everyone else who also predominately reads just the general topics. 

Why I took notice as well. :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,367
[NGAGE]
Members
3,606 posts
8,673 battles
1 minute ago, Grflrgl said:

May the best Midway win?

 

This is a big mistake.

I don't know why you'd play anything else at the lower ranks.

Queues are going to be mostly CVs. Going to be hell for surface ships other than wooster/mino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,187
[EGO]
Members
3,683 posts

This would have been an excellent troll post if it wasn't true.

Well that frees up a lot of time.

 

 





 

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
915
[WOLF5]
Members
2,386 posts
2,982 battles

RIP DDs.

Also, CVs and Epicenter? WG really wants to stir the pot.

Also allowing people to take a T10 ship they've never played into ranked? Yeah the rest of us who actually know what we're doing will appreciate that.

I'm pretty easy going, but this is looking very questionable.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
639 posts
12,898 battles

Carriers return to ranked and if you play a Tier 8 ship we'll give you Tier 10 ships that you've never played to take into ranked. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8863235

Oh wait, you're being serious?

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,130
[SALVO]
Members
21,707 posts
22,016 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

CVs will make this mode so fun!!!!1

CVs have always been a part of Ranked.  Nothing new to see here.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,130
[SALVO]
Members
21,707 posts
22,016 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

RIP DDs.

Also, CVs and Epicenter? WG really wants to stir the pot.

Also allowing people to take a T10 ship they've never played into ranked? Yeah the rest of us who actually know what we're doing will appreciate that.

I'm pretty easy going, but this is looking very questionable.

1. CVs have always been in Ranked.

2. Adding Epicenter is a good thing.  Ranked needs more variety.  It's boring to play the same maps in Domination mode endlessly in Ranked.  

3. Rental ships in Ranked?  I agree with you.  Ridiculous!!!!  At least with Clan Battles, it's up to each clan whether they're willing to allow their CBs players to use rentals or not.  But that's not the case with Ranked.

4. I will say though, that none of this is that big a deal for me, because I pretty much always stop at rank 10.  I get my First League (?) flag (that gives -10% off service costs) and call it a season.

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,410
[-BRS-]
Members
3,160 posts
17,061 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

CVs have always been a part of Ranked.  Nothing new to see here.

 Yeah but there is only a few and we could Drop out of the que if I ever saw one

 All the good CV drivers will rank out quick then we're gonna be left with all the potatoes to screw up our game mode so I'm going to hard pass on this season.

 Thank you WG you're making it easier to play less and less games for me

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,130
[SALVO]
Members
21,707 posts
22,016 battles
2 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

 Yeah but there is only a few and we could Drop out of the que if I ever saw one

 All the good CV drivers will rank out quick then we're gonna be left with all the potatoes to screw up our game mode so I'm going to hard pass on this season.

 Thank you WG you're making it easier to play less and less games for me

If both teams have CVs and they're both potatoes, then their spudness should cancel each other out and turn the battle into sort of a 6v6.  And for the record, the game mode isn't just yours or mine, it's everyone's, even the rotten spuds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,410
[-BRS-]
Members
3,160 posts
17,061 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

If both teams have CVs and they're both potatoes, then their spudness should cancel each other out and turn the battle into sort of a 6v6.  And for the record, the game mode isn't just yours or mine, it's everyone's, even the rotten spuds.

  When it's a surface battle I feel like I have a chance to contribute maybe even turned battle but really its just gonna come down to who gets the better cv driver,  Just like all the seasons before nothing's changed

If the queue is flooded with CVs then there will be no chance to drop out and im gonna have to suck it up and play with them and hope i get a good one,  Yeah no I think I will still take a pass on the season

 Or maybe I'll take out my CV,  I'm really terrible in it screw up my team's chances of winning that's always so much fun for the rest the team

 So instead of being that guy that brings in bad play with their CV and screws up the chance of their team winning I just pass on the season

 WG still doesn't understand that everything revolves around that 1 ship and how it effects the battle for everybody else  I'm not gonna waste my time in the hope that I get the better one on my team 

Edited by silverdahc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,122
[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

RIP DDs.

Also, CVs and Epicenter? WG really wants to stir the pot.

Also allowing people to take a T10 ship they've never played into ranked? Yeah the rest of us who actually know what we're doing will appreciate that.

I'm pretty easy going, but this is looking very questionable.

It's the only way WG can get new players into it. The game suffers such massive turnover, 90% of them never make it to tier 8, much less tier 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,410
[-BRS-]
Members
3,160 posts
17,061 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It's the only way WG can get new players into it. The game suffers such massive turnover, 90% of them never make it to tier 8, much less tier 10.

 There's so much salt in ranked battles if you want new players to like the game this aint the place for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,122
[WOLF7]
Members
12,193 posts
Just now, silverdahc said:

 There's so much salt in ranked battles if you want new players to like the game this aint the place for it

WG doesn't really seem to get that....:Smile_amazed:

It seems like they've simply decided the turnover rate is a reason to try and get players to spend money before they go.

Clan Battles are a perfect example, I've never seen so many people short cutting to tier 8, to get tier 10 rentals, then realize that this isn't an FPS, and they can't simply walk into CB and be competitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
291
[-TXT-]
Beta Testers
1,640 posts
19,559 battles

Tier X CVs allowed in ranked, plus if you play one tier VIII battle we'll give you a rental tier X ship for ranked.   OMG, WG is truly dedicated to ruining this game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,410
[-BRS-]
Members
3,160 posts
17,061 battles
9 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Tier X CVs allowed in ranked, plus if you play one tier VIII battle we'll give you a rental tier X ship for ranked.   OMG, WG is truly dedicated to ruining this game.

 If you're a good CV player though happy days happy days

  And at least 50% of us will be on that guy's team 

For the rest of us who cares right overcome adapt and whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
826
[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles

Ranked is going to be a big blob/lemming train. Fun incoming!!!! If it is the 7x7 format, with one CV per side the other six ship will need to hug each others for AA, so much fun...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×