You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Paradox - What to do when you want to complement a CV?

72 comments in this topic

[EGO]
Members
3,683 posts

This came up on a CC stream. You want to complement your CV for playing well but he is playing a CV.

The decision ended up being to do nothing, but chat suggested a better course of action would be to give him a compliment but also report him for unsporting behavior.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[XG]
Members
310 posts
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

This came up on a CC stream. You want to complement your CV for playing well but he is playing a CV.

The decision ended up being to do nothing, but chat suggested a better course of action would be to give him a compliment but also report him for unsporting behavior.

Complement a CV? Like, ever?

Not in this lifetime, not in this universe. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts
6 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

If the player deserves a compliment, then compliment them.

There is so little stellar CV play, that it won't happen often. I've complimented a few, but there haven't been many opportunities. 

• Cool 7

[U571]
Members
1,923 posts
13,162 battles

If the CV Driver did a good job and deserves the complement, then complement him.  But I have been in enough games to know they are few and far between.  CV Driver can do everything right and people will down vote because it was a CV.

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles

Is no one going to take the compliment/complement joke?

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,574 battles

When they are very entertaining in chat, a great team player or a worth opponent I will give them a compliment like I do with all ship types it does not really matter if they are playing a CV

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage
  • Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,263 posts
6,886 battles
8 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

So much salt.  Y'all must be some miserable people irl.

It is nice of them to corral all the OTT anti-CV numpties in one thread though.

Makes the putting them on ignore easier.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles

I saw this and thought it was pretty stupid.  If the guy played well you compliment him.  Especially since he out ranked the streamer in the game.  Petty and juvenile attitude.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,263 posts
6,886 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

I saw this and thought it was pretty stupid.  If the guy played well you compliment him.  Especially since he out ranked the streamer in the game.  Petty and juvenile attitude.

Its getting to the point where some of these people are doing cos-play.

This forum still does give some decent tips & updates about what is going on in this game. The numpty quotient is high right now but as my ignore list grows, the balance is returning.

• Funny 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,779 posts
42 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

:Smile_smile: If a player plays well, compliment! The ship type does not matter.

If you have an issue with the way CVs are in game, go complain to WG, don't blame the player who is trying to play the game and have fun just like you.

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
Members
2,463 posts
7,915 battles

Check to make sure no one had dropped something in my drink.

j/k.  I have complimented a few CV's lately.  If they play well, they deserve it.  But far too often I see them sitting still the entire match and finishing at the bottom of the scoreboard.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
52 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[WTAF]
Members
17 posts
1,756 battles

I look forward to bombing each and every one of you in my Saipan. :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

So you see someone playing well,  yet you have to question if you complement them because they play a certain class.  Seems to me you need to grow a back bone and complement them.  I've even complemented a 41% player for doing a good job.   by your reasoning he should be slammed for being a crap player even if he did a good job.

I realize this was just a click bait topic. but the sad thing is, there are people who would flat out down vote someone just for playing a class they don't like, regardless of how good that person played it.

• Cool 2

[EGO]
Members
3,683 posts
27 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

:Smile_smile: If a player plays well, compliment! The ship type does not matter.

If you have an issue with the way CVs are in game, go complain to WG, don't blame the player who is trying to play the game and have fun just like you.

Is he though?  It seems like they are playing a griefing  class.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[USCC2]
Members
4,779 posts
31 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Is he though?  It seems like they are playing a griefing  class.

A griefing type, how so; is it not another vessel looking to cause damage to the enemy team?

If you are on the same team and have a problem, then that's on you, not the CV player. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,929 posts
8,245 battles

What a sick, hateful, unhinged bunch of people you CV-haters are. Listen to yourselves.

Now imagine if someone did that to you in every damn game you played because you drove a BB, cruiser or DD.

Get a grip and grow the hell up.

• Cool 4

[TARK]
Members
3,319 posts
1,435 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

This....this is the real cancer, not some class partisanship.

This is what will kill the game, selfish children like this.

• Cool 3

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What a sick, hateful, unhinged bunch of people you CV-haters are. Listen to yourselves.

Now imagine if someone did that to you in every damn game you played because you drove a BB, cruiser or DD.

What a bunch of sick, unhinged people PLAY CVs, knowing full well the hate and discontent they cause.  You enjoy ruining my fun by playing a CV, maybe /you/ should grow up and play something that isn't a pure griefer ship

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles
35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What a sick, hateful, unhinged bunch of people you CV-haters are.

This is the same guy that says he will play a line because it upsets people.

36 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

:|

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,959 battles

if you get a Kraken or 2000 XP I will compliment you even if your driving a Chrysler Cordova .

[EGO]
Members
3,683 posts
48 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

A griefing type, how so; is it not another vessel looking to cause damage to the enemy team?

If you are on the same team and have a problem, then that's on you, not the CV player. :Smile_honoring:

Because they can attack you with no risk to their ship.

[USCC2]
Members
4,779 posts
Just now, CaptainTeddybear said:

Because they can attack you with no risk to their ship.

As I said, that is not the players fault, that is WG.

Yes, maybe WG could tie a certain percentage of the health of a CV to the planes, an idea - but people would have to keep their minds open to finding ways to balance the game (for all).

And as you can see, there appear to be many closed minds!

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,802 posts
1,267 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

if you get a Kraken or 2000 XP I will compliment you even if your driving a Chrysler Cordova .

For a late 70s car not named Trans Am, those weren't too bad.