Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grflrgl

A Question for World of Tanks Players

9 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
627 posts

So, I've seen people say that artillery and CVs are roughly the same type of creature in WOTs and WOWS respectively. 

How long did it take for them to balance artillery in WOTs once they were introduced? 

I've also been expecting CV use to drop after the promotions and after the newness wears off. Did that happen in WOTs as well? Did the use of artillery drop after a time, and if so, how long did that take?

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,802 posts
1,267 battles

Unfortunately, artillery is and always has been broken.  And as of when I stopped playing WoT over 2 years ago, arty use was still common and consistent. 

Edited by CaptainKaitoGhost
Spelling

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
346 posts
1,905 battles

Same issue as arty... you can do everything right but if you get the least bit aggressive and not hide in back there is a chance you'll get taken out by a low skill player.

[WOLF2]
Members
293 posts
5,803 battles

they've never balanced it.  They are actually nerfing arty yet again in the next big update.

[FUNNY]
Beta Testers
160 posts
1,613 battles
30 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

So, I've seen people say that artillery and CVs are roughly the same type of creature in WOTs and WOWS respectively. 

How long did it take for them to balance artillery in WOTs once they were introduced? 

I've also been expecting CV use to drop after the promotions and after the newness wears off. Did that happen in WOTs as well? Did the use of artillery drop after a time, and if so, how long did that take?

I dunno about arty being balanced . They're still futzing around with them . There's talk of a new round of arty nerfs coming with the next update . 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,047 posts
25 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

I played around 16000 matches in just the GW panther, I still don't understand the comparison of it to CV's other than it's a class that gets scapegoated by the rest of the community.

Arty was fun to play up until about 8.06 then it was nerfed to the point they are pretty much unplayable.

Not only was it the changes to arty but also the economy as a whole with WOT. They changed the economy to where it is almost impossible to play F2P without whipping out you Credit  Card or Whatever form of payment you use.

When it started out they used to have great mission bonuses and tanks but after a couple of years they started pulling back on them once they had an established player base.

I see the same thing happening here except they are slowly weening people off of the bonuses.  Did anybody notice the change with the last couple of  premium ships you cant win through play but just make enough to get a "discounted" ship.

[SIM]
Members
3,841 posts
6,404 battles

Artillery in World of Tanks isn't really equivalent to CVs in World of Warships. In World of Tanks, artillery does exceedingly high damage and inflicts a temporary debuff to almost every aspect of your vehicle, with the only real counter being to use static terrain in order to block incoming shells. Because of this, the majority of most maps in World of Tanks become No Man's Land when artillery is around, and battles play out in a very predictable fashion. In World of Warships, CVs do far less damage per strike, their greatest strength actually comes from spotting, and their counters come from ship AA and fighters, both things that are not static or map dependent. While CVs do curtail many lone ships from undertaking meaningful operations, teams are still free to dictate their own angles of approach in each game. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,614 posts
9,805 battles

Believe it or not but very similar thing happened to arty in wot compared to cv rework.  Essentially old arty had worse accuracy and substantial alpha strike capability.  They reduced the alpha, increased accuracy, and added very annoying stun mechanics that is supposed to make arty more of a team assistance vehicle.  That made arty less appealing to certain casual solo random crowd, but still attractive to highly skilled players playing in organized divisions.  Similar thing happened in wows, they removed the alpha strike and made CVs more annoying for the rest of players.

In either case, they essentially made both arty and CVs less attractive for me to play on regular basis, but still viable for certain missions and division play.

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
9,561 posts
11,477 battles
1 hour ago, Grflrgl said:

WOT was never really able to resolve the ARTY issues. The only solutions players found was a mass exodus from WOT into WOT Blitz. Which worked out great since Blitz is really nice and will never have ARTY. However WOW Blitz is not that nice in comparison, so we either have to suffer through WOWs PC or simply quit the game.

Sign in to follow this