Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ALROCHA

"The CV rework made so people have to blob to deal with it"

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
667 posts
2,455 battles

image.png.e7cacf53e297a8bf6b9e5f0983b6f4c4.png

image.jpeg.1a8ee3c761d9ad3952471b297a112f57.jpeg

 

P.S: They lost, got fireproof and dreadnaught.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,207
[SBS]
Members
4,571 posts
2,408 battles

You're half right.  One team lemming trained.  However, the other team is spread out for great crossfire positioning, and DDs have pushed up to spot and play the objectives, thanks to no CVs being in the game.  Put CVs in this match and the great positioning would be a massive mistake and those DDs would be hiding in the blogs.  You have shown the opposite of what you were trying to "prove".  

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,661 posts
15,724 battles

Quotes supposed byproduct of CV rework

 

Posts game with no CV's in it

 

Amazing.

Edited by CaucasianReroll
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,438 posts

Looks like a typical game going on since before the CV rework.  Everyone hiding behind islands and one team clustered behind one island.  Oh, an a DD off doing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,373
[NGAGE]
Members
3,611 posts
8,693 battles

Most players don't really adapt strategy based on enemy team composition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[PSV]
Members
504 posts
15,208 battles
11 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Most players don't really adapt strategy based on enemy team composition.

You guys blobbed up well last night. Until those 2 BBs decided to wander off at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[WOLF1]
Members
107 posts
4,937 battles

No carriers in that match, green team is able to assert control of the map and react to the red team, DDs are able to play aggressively contest caps and do their job.

Most importantly the players are not forced to hide with the rest of the team huddling in their AA bubbles to prevent getting withered to death by non stop planes.

ijel7kz4bjw01.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
111
[-VT-]
Members
648 posts
8,324 battles
2 minutes ago, js23 said:

No carriers in that match, green team is able to assert control of the map and react to the red team, DDs are able to play aggressively contest caps and do their job.

Most importantly the players are not forced to hide with the rest of the team huddling in their AA bubbles to prevent getting withered to death by non stop planes.

ijel7kz4bjw01.png

 

And yet you somehow miss the enemy is still balling up with no cv involved.  Saw that last night too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[WOLF1]
Members
107 posts
4,937 battles
Just now, DemonGod3 said:

And yet you somehow miss the enemy is still balling up with no cv involved.  Saw that last night too....

Lemming trains have been around as long as wows, but with the rework and insane levels of carriers, WG is now essentially training the average player to group up and huddle like the red team in that match. I guarantee you that IF WG were to remove CVs today, you would still get players that would huddle up as though there were carriers in the game for a couple of months as the meta changes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
667 posts
2,455 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

You're half right.  One team lemming trained.  However, the other team is spread out for great crossfire positioning, and DDs have pushed up to spot and play the objectives, thanks to no CVs being in the game.  Put CVs in this match and the great positioning would be a massive mistake and those DDs would be hiding in the blogs.  You have shown the opposite of what you were trying to "prove".  

Only thing being:

 

This strategy is highly innefective, even against CVs, and people like to say "We have to blob because of CVs" but in a game with no CVs they still blob.

Another thing is, my team in this case didn't blob and played like if there was a CV, why? Because it's effective, one ship offer cover for the other and if one side offer no resistance, we can have different angles to shoot at the enemy, as you can see, we're spread in 3 teams, the 2 strong AA cruisers are "solo" in the middle while 3 BBs 1 cruiser south and 2 BBs 2 cruisers north, the 2 DDs are inside the cap because they were fending us off against the Yogumo (That died miserably, mostly because he thought there was no CV so he wouldn't get spotted just to get exploded by a DD killer).

My job in this match for example was holding them back so that they wouldn't push towards our base while our teammates slowly pushed and flanked the enemy that was now without cover, if there was a CV in this match this blob would've gotten harassed by "yolo squads" of planes that can drop the payload beforing exploding, specially because they were all behind islands, a nice cover for planes, meaning that it would also be innefective against a good CV player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,344
[DRACS]
Members
4,734 posts

There is ongoing believe that lemming trains and blobs happened because of the rework. They have, unfortunately, been in the game for YEARS. Only difference now is that people are using the CV rework as an *excuse* for the bad play they've always adopted.

Lemming trains and blobs lose games. It's always been the case and it'll always be the case. The ONLY time it's a good idea to blob up is in the middle of a storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
826
[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles

No one said that CVs "created" lemming trains, they were here before. The core point, we didnt needed to follow/join the lemming train, you could do something else and you would be fine. Now we need to follow/join the lemming train to stay safe. 

 

There is a difference between not having to join a lemming train and being force to join one just to stay alive. OP probably know about this but is intentionally ignoring this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

If have cvs: The potato lemming train is the cvs fault omg hate it!

if dont have cvs: The potato lemming train is alwas in wows nothing new here! Probabily its the dd fault!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
111
[-VT-]
Members
648 posts
8,324 battles
2 hours ago, js23 said:

Lemming trains have been around as long as wows, but with the rework and insane levels of carriers, WG is now essentially training the average player to group up and huddle like the red team in that match. I guarantee you that IF WG were to remove CVs today, you would still get players that would huddle up as though there were carriers in the game for a couple of months as the meta changes.

 

Players huddled like this before the rework and during the rework, you think this will change if CVs disappear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×