Xcalib3r

Out of control unlimted CV planes have got to stop!

55 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
678 posts
14,471 battles

Yes you heard that right, it is totally unacceptable that these CV have unlimited planes, especially the T10 CV like Midway, they have massive amount of endless planes in the hanger, godlike power to rule the sky, AA from cruisers and battleships(even DD) are so weak they do absolutely nothing to weaken the CV planes, WG have got to nerf CV and reduce 50% of their planes ASAP.  I mean, for real....just look at what happened to my Midway tonight and every other night, UNACCEPTABLE amount of unlimited planes all day every day yo!

unlimited planes 2.jpg

Edited by Xcalib3r
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 20
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[WOLFB]
Members
2,247 posts
9,783 battles

-You suck that's all, learn to manage your planes

"But planes are unlimited why do I need to manage them ? Why can't I just throw them ?"

-... You suck that's all.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[UEFN]
Members
678 posts
14,471 battles
3 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

-You suck that's all, learn to manage your planes

"But planes are unlimited why do I need to manage them ? Why can't I just throw them ?"

-... You suck that's all.

what do you mean manage planes, CV suppose to have UNLIMITED PLANES....like never ending supply of them readily to be launch anytime yo!

Edited by Xcalib3r
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Members
2,702 posts
4,322 battles
2 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

But CV have unlimited planes!!!  why manage planes when CV have UNLIMITED of them?

What, you don't understand the power in being the last to sink without anything you can do about it...

Shame on you. How dare you not leverage not being sunk into a win.

[R-R-R]
Members
1,008 posts
7,538 battles

I think it was really a misunderstanding from the start when WG introduces the new CV concept.

Now most players should understand CVs do not have unlimited plane reserve.

[FTH]
Members
846 posts
12,689 battles
9 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

I think it was really a misunderstanding from the start when WG introduces the new CV concept.

That would imply they WANT to understand..it's too easy to point to "unlimited CV planes!" and not actually have to come up with a serious argument...

Realistically, with the hangar sizes Midway actually had, the number of planes you can spawn in a game, is about even with the planes they had pre-rework, it just seems to last longer because instead of throwing 6 squads at a time you're only throwing 1, and with only 2 more planes per wave...so the same amount of planes last longer...

If they want to make the planes not last as long..they could always give the option to double or triple the amount of planes per wave, and per attack...yeah right..lol.

[FTH]
Members
846 posts
12,689 battles
1 minute ago, Mikebello said:

Ok then triple my CV alpha damage

When a T10 torpedo off the Midway has less damage than one off the MARBLEHEAD...I call [edited]..lol.

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
678 posts
14,471 battles
17 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

majority of the reviewers like notser and flamu voiced their concern of"unlimited plane" feature during the preview of the rework, and everybody and their dog and their dog's fleas are running with the sky is falling scare, so it has to be true when someone keep saying it's unlimited then it must be unlimited....as in the planes gonna spawn endlessly, assuming the battle never end....  lol

Edited by Xcalib3r

[RLGN]
Members
9,634 posts
19,108 battles

Or they could have not wasted time on this stupid dumpster fire rework, and saved themselves a raft of hate and salt over the last three months.

The occasional 'CVz OP! Plz NRF!' forum threads would have been nothing compared to the biological byproducts storm that is STILL continuing.

Hooray. I'm learning to use the new controls, and am actually having a half-way decent time, even in same of the carriers I never really used before.

SO WHAT.

I still don't like it.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
3,173 posts
4,964 battles

Is this supposed to be clever? Most intelligent people understand that "unlimited planes" doesn't mean "you can just throw planes away constantly with no performance repercussions," and most unintelligent people don't have the capacity or willingness to look at facts and logic.

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
527 posts
5,257 battles
10 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Is this supposed to be clever? Most intelligent people understand that "unlimited planes" doesn't mean "you can just throw planes away constantly with no performance repercussions," and most unintelligent people don't have the capacity or willingness to look at facts and logic.

It's sad how true that really is.

[ODIN]
Members
859 posts
3,176 battles
51 minutes ago, Exciton8964 said:

I feel like the should have worded it as,

"Instead of having access to all of your planes from the beginning, you'll only have access to a small portion; the remaining planes will be locked behind a timer, and slowly trickle in over the course of 20 minutes." I feel like if people initially saw it written like that, they'd understand it for the nerf / hand-holding mechanic it is, rather than screaming, "OMG UNLIMITED PLANES!" I guess WG was trying to make carriers look more attractive though, not less, so here we are.

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
266 posts
3,698 battles
32 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Or they could have not wasted time on this stupid dumpster fire rework, and saved themselves a raft of hate and salt over the last three months.

The occasional 'CVz OP! Plz NRF!' forum threads would have been nothing compared to the biological byproducts storm that is STILL continuing.

Hooray. I'm learning to use the new controls, and am actually having a half-way decent time, even in same of the carriers I never really used before.

SO WHAT.

I still don't like it.

It's quite nice not being shackled to the WR of the CVs. 

Being cross dropped vs being chunked to death is kinda an equal irritance, but ti does get points for being something that's balancable (there was no way to stop cross drops aside from basically removing the rts elements, after all, or giving like a 30s+ cooldown on ordering an attack run).

[RLGN]
Members
9,634 posts
19,108 battles
8 minutes ago, PG908 said:

there was no way to stop cross drops aside from basically removing the rts elements,

WG could have reduced the point-blank murder drops by completely removing manual attacks. Wouldn't completly stop cross drops, but would stop them from being point-blank.

Some have said WG never did that because of the outcry that would have happened from carrier players.

Don't understand why; since they basically told RTS carrier players to bugger off with the rework anyway.

Members
127 posts
9,329 battles

It's like an earworm that gets buried deep in the collective consciousness once someone said it and others repeat it. Realistically speaking, CVs do not have unlimited planes, even with the ability to regenerate them albeit slowly. WG decided to say, probably thinking that the limited hangers of the pre-rework CVs was a barrier to entry. However, the majority of the player base, most of whom have probably never touched CVs, kept spreading the myth that CVs have unlimited planes. The key for any aspiring CV player is to not use them like you have unlimited planes.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
266 posts
3,698 battles
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

WG could have reduced the point-blank murder drops by completely removing manual attacks. Wouldn't completly stop cross drops, but would stop them from being point-blank.

Some have said WG never did that because of the outcry that would have happened from carrier players.

Don't understand why; since they basically told RTS carrier players to bugger off with the rework anyway.

While the arming distance was a factor, cross drops still work with long arming distances; just fill where they have to be with criss-crossing torpedoes. It'd be harder, but still doable. 

Also I do think that "not fitting with core gampelay" in the rts was a legitimate gripe (if less important than other concerns): this game isn't an rts and something with an aiming reticle really is far more appropriate. 

[ODIN]
Members
993 posts
15,498 battles

I see what you've done here OP, well played.

You have infinite planes though. Just finite time. If the game never stopped you could always eventually replace your losses but given a 20 minute window it's easy to run out of your careful. Most people here have no idea how it works because they have never played the carriers or havent ventures outside of tier 4.

It's like winning a shopping spree. You have an infinite amount of money to grab what you want but a finite amount of time to do so. When the time is up the money is gone. People just dont get that. I wonder how many would walk into that store the day after their shopping spree and try to walk out with more free stuff. If the infitine planes logic was a basis, the cops and courts would be pretty busy.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,016 posts
6,980 battles
4 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Oh look,another "infinite plane" whine thread from the less-skilled playerbase.

I think you should read the OP... especially that picture is needed for context.

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
678 posts
14,471 battles
45 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

most unintelligent people don't have the capacity or willingness to look at facts and logic.

You just described 99% of the potatoes complaining about CV on daily basis.  LOL

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
678 posts
14,471 battles
26 minutes ago, X__QC__X said:

Did anyone actually read the OP?....  :Smile_facepalm:

LOL  i guess not everyone has the capacity to see the sarcasm or understand the message behind it?  :Smile_teethhappy:

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.