Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Rawhide

Minotaur - Legendary upgrade worth 600 Ironium?

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
728 posts

I finally have the 600 Ironium to get the Smoke Generator for Minotaur.  My question is, is it worth it?  My other choice would be to get four 10 pt. captains.  

Minotaur is the only level 10 ship I own.  I had a good experience playing the Norma in Space battles, but have had a much harder time with her in Randoms.  This makes me a bit unsure about putting allot of resources into it.  On the Norma, the time between smoke is hardly noticeable.  On Mino, as it is now, it seems to take too long for my play style.  

Can I use the  four captains?  They would come in handy, but only one would fill a gap.

Just would like to know what others might think.  Thanks.

[GOBI]
[GOBI]
Members
1 post
17,107 battles

In my opinion it’s worth it able to lay 35 secs of smoke for a little worse detection 

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
40 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I finally have the 600 Ironium to get the Smoke Generator for Minotaur.  My question is, is it worth it?  My other choice would be to get four 10 pt. captains.  

Minotaur is the only level 10 ship I own.  I had a good experience playing the Norma in Space battles, but have had a much harder time with her in Randoms.  This makes me a bit unsure about putting allot of resources into it.  On the Norma, the time between smoke is hardly noticeable.  On Mino, as it is now, it seems to take too long for my play style.  

Can I use the  four captains?  They would come in handy, but only one would fill a gap.

Here is the math. Basically, you will want to stack it with the slot 3 special smoke mod for the most smoke buff.

Here's the full list.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles

Just remember everyone, you only have until 8.3 drops, likely Wed, April 24th if the calendar and schedule hold, so you can not take too long to decide. You have a roughly 8 days to go if the schedule holds.

Members
103 posts
21,264 battles

LOL, its worth 480 ironium to get the Montana or Hindy module.   But Im probably going to have to settle for camos.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Just remember everyone, you only have until 8.3 drops, likely Wed, April 24th if the calendar and schedule hold, so you can not take too long to decide. You have a roughly 8 days to go if the schedule holds.

Hehe, are you saying they've been unreliable lately? :Smile_glasses:

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
18 minutes ago, M1A1HA said:

LOL, its worth 480 ironium to get the Montana or Hindy module.   But Im probably going to have to settle for camos.

480 will have you 120 short of the 600 for UUs.

12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Hehe, are you saying they've been unreliable lately? :Smile_glasses:

Well the CV rework has buggered up the schedule in the past so... :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
627 posts
8,271 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I guess that depends on how precious the ironium is to you. Here's my POV...

I'm not sure the Legendary Module was worth the grind to get it in the first place. It's a spectrum, to me. One one end is the Shimakaze, where there LM was abject garbage and I sold it as quickly as I could get it off my boat. On the other end of the spectrum is the Des Moines and Zao, where I actually can feel the difference in the LM's during battles. So with the Shima/bad end of the spectrum on the left, and the DSM/Zao/Good side of the spectrum on the right, the Mino LM iss in the center (Hindy and Conqueror are well to the right of center to me, if that helps any). I can't really tell that it's there, but it doesn't cause any harm. When I remove it and run something else, I can't really tell that it's gone. Was it worth the grind, I dunno, given that it doesn't do much good and doesn't do any harm. would it be worth the Ironium, I kinda doubt it, but it's certainly easier than that grind was.

And all this is just my view on it. Your milage may vary quite a bit.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,590 posts
10,270 battles

Getting close to my 600 Ironium.    Just got Yammy and Republique.   Obvious LM/UU would be Yammy's, right?

But, then I get to thinking...   I'm also on the grind to Hindy and Zao, and I've heard good things about those modules.    Wondering if I should get one of those ahead of time - after all, I'll be playing Yammy enough, and will get her LM/UU sooner than later.   But it'd be nice to have a drop-in module on day 1 of buying the Hindy or Zao.

So... if you had a choice between Hindy or Zao's legendary module, which would it be?    My early lean is to Hindy.    Thoughts?

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,799 battles
13 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Just remember everyone, you only have until 8.3 drops, likely Wed, April 24th

Just to clarify; that's the wee small hours of the morning for many of us, so in effect you have until you finish gaming on Tuesday night April 23rd to be safe.

Ultimately you can always get the UU through gameplay with the relevant Tier 10 ship. If you could use a bunch of 10 point commanders in the short term, they are probably a better use of the ironium IMO.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,143 posts
9,801 battles

Minotaur isn't an AA terror without the AA mod in slot 3 though, and smoke duration matters only when you're not lit by the popular Moskva/DM/Buffalo/Seattle/Wooster/Salem/Donskoi radar.

Given how Minotaur generally needs to be within 12km to threaten BBs, 10km to annoy CRs, and 8km to alarm DDs...just me, but Mino's UU isn't worth it.

10 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Getting close to my 600 Ironium.    Just got Yammy and Republique.   Obvious LM/UU would be Yammy's, right?

But, then I get to thinking...   I'm also on the grind to Hindy and Zao, and I've heard good things about those modules.    Wondering if I should get one of those ahead of time - after all, I'll be playing Yammy enough, and will get her LM/UU sooner than later.   But it'd be nice to have a drop-in module on day 1 of buying the Hindy or Zao.

So... if you had a choice between Hindy or Zao's legendary module, which would it be?    My early lean is to Hindy.    Thoughts?

Yammy gets better MB accuracy, definitely worth if handle the MB traverse. I recommend having Yamamoto since his EM is superior to ordinary captains; on my yammy, 180 degree rotation takes 53 seconds (down from ~64) w/ his EM.

Republique gets MB range reduced in exchange for better RoF. It's a must since her MB does majority of damage.

Hindy, in full DC build, yes, she can laugh off fires and floods. Lets her take on HE spamming CRs with impunity.

Zao's UU is a must-have. Only a bit less range than MB range mod, and it comes both w/ rudder shift and MB accuracy. She turns like Mogami and gets the best accuracy of any ship in game--if you use AP, this makes citadels a lot easier.

Members
3,725 posts
On 4/15/2019 at 7:23 PM, Captain_Rawhide said:

If Minotaur is your only 10 you will get the Legendary just by playing it.

You should buy the legendary now for your next tier 10.

Sign in to follow this