You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Feclez

Actually got a CV Compliment

15 comments in this topic

Members
220 posts
6,578 battles

Well its something I never ever thought would happen....

I actually got complimented on CV play from a DD on the opposite side, have got so used to seeing CV bashing or general saltiness about them this almost made me fall of my chair.

Was on T8 Indomitable and only 2 DD's on either side. The DD in question was a Yugumo that had already destroyed 2 of my team before I managed to get involved... I knew he was about the cap area and support an Abruzzi CA to hunt him down.

It ended up with me flying planes all over the a 9 grid section trying to flush him out and to spot him amongst several islands where he would just keep on the move. Once found it was just matter of getting some damage done on him and dropping fighters so I could get the next set of planes and to help the Abruzzi keep sight of him. Only for planes to get shot down while I got next set of planes incoming which meant he moved and I was having to do the grid search again.

Was rinse and repeat for about 8 mins of the match... Where I ended up getting the Yugumo health down low enough so I could drop some more fighters and the Abruzzi was able to go in and finish him off.

As the DD player said after everything "that was one good game of cat and mouse, well done CV and also most fun I had with a CV game"

I have to admit that was the most fun I have had as a CV - Its a shame every player cant be like this kind DD player in respect to what a CV is doing

• Cool 7
  • Meh 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,498 posts
11,213 battles

Thats fortunate, i compliment CVs every match they contribute decisively to victory regardless of ship im in. Though not a DD, main i am a DD driver and the complaints are overblown when you have less than half as much as before.

[GT99]
Members
719 posts
11,126 battles
30 minutes ago, Feclez said:

I actually got complimented on CV play from a DD on the opposite side, have got so used to seeing CV bashing or general saltiness about them this almost made me fall of my chair.

Was on T8 Indomitable and only 2 DD's on either side. The DD in question was a Yugumo that had already destroyed 2 of my team before I managed to get involved... I knew he was about the cap area and support an Abruzzi CA to hunt him down.

It ended up with me flying planes all over the a 9 grid section trying to flush him out and to spot him amongst several islands where he would just keep on the move. Once found it was just matter of getting some damage done on him and dropping fighters so I could get the next set of planes and to help the Abruzzi keep sight of him. Only for planes to get shot down while I got next set of planes incoming which meant he moved and I was having to do the grid search again.

Was rinse and repeat for about 8 mins of the match... Where I ended up getting the Yugumo health down low enough so I could drop some more fighters and the Abruzzi was able to go in and finish him off.

As the DD player said after everything "that was one good game of cat and mouse, well done CV and also most fun I had with a CV game"

I have to admit that was the most fun I have had as a CV - Its a shame every player cant be like this kind DD player in respect to what a CV is doing

I compliment CVs when they do good, even the red ones. A good player is a good player.

• Cool 3

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
713 posts
6,124 battles

I admire you CV players. I've tried just a bit so far and it's not easy. Kudos to those who compliment the good play.

• Cool 5

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,077 posts
5,729 battles

Prior to rework I was at + 16... at +1 today.  been playing mostly CV since then.   I can't decide if I suck or am competent? ...  I think as far as karma goes it's the same.  

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,475 battles

So one dd compliments you yippee the rest of still dump our neg on you. Once you cv decide to kill a dd its dead unless it camps out with a aa bubble which means we can,t spot ambush or just dd

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

Before I played cv I had a different level of expectation for them. Now that I played them I would say im more understanding, but my expectations are much greater. Also in that story, the use of defensive fighters made me cringe. While yes kept them spotted a bit, in general, using them to protect your teammates would have been better as using them for spotting tends to be wasteful. That said it is nice to see not everyone is a toxic angry child. Congrats.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,563 posts
4,976 battles
50 minutes ago, Feclez said:

+1 OP. :Smile_honoring:

[SYN]
Members
1,171 posts
9,788 battles

That's really cool.  I had that with a red Gneis using an island to hide and rush my Mahan.  Always glad to comp a red who goes 1v1, no matter the outcome. 

Members
220 posts
6,578 battles
10 hours ago, The_Chiv said:

Before I played cv I had a different level of expectation for them. Now that I played them I would say im more understanding, but my expectations are much greater. Also in that story, the use of defensive fighters made me cringe. While yes kept them spotted a bit, in general, using them to protect your teammates would have been better as using them for spotting tends to be wasteful. That said it is nice to see not everyone is a toxic angry child. Congrats.

In a way it may have been a waste to use fighters but I dont think the T7 CA was thinking that as it meant the T9 DD couldn't just blindside him round the island as I was picking up new planes specially as the dd already had 2 kills

Edited by Feclez

[USCC2]
Members
5,806 posts

I don't give negative karma unless someone is openly rude to another.

I have given plenty of positive ones and even messaged in port to give thanks for support in game - ship type isn't a factor. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
502 posts
6,641 battles
11 hours ago, Feclez said:

I actually got complimented on CV play

that is unfortunate..... I realize that CV players play CV's so that they can have a visual representation of how much the rest of the player base hate them by the speed at which their karma decreases. Here have a downvote to make up for it....

Spoiler

I jest.  A plus vote might happen on rare occasions and should it ever happen to you during a CV game, know that you deserved it.

[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
114 posts
37,455 battles

I tend to give CVs a compliment most games as too many players automatically report CVs as a means of driving those players from that class.  So unless you really do awful in your CV and do not try to help your team mates, you'll get a compliment from me.

Members
783 posts

Ive gotten a few -1 karmas just for driving a CV.  But ive gotten a bunch of +1s since I tell my teams call out if they need support with something, i tell them when to hold their fire that im about to make a CA turn broadside so they can delete him. When Im going to flush a DD from smoke, or spot them.  Etc.  Letting your team know what you are about to do tends to get really good results.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,366 posts

Indomitable eh? Are you super-testing, cause I don't believe she's been released yet, amiright?