You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Best CV complaint ever!!!

56 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts

Was in t8 British CV, its good but could never be considered super strong or OP.  

The game was back and forth and could have gone either way.  The finally 5 min are ticking down and up pops a very salty chat.  This person thought I had cancer for some reason (and everyone needs to stop with the cancer talk. Cancer destroys the person and everyone around them and you look STUPID when you say it!) and started to question my parental linage. among other insults.  After a rain of you suck and your op I decided to see whom it was that was so angry. Hit the tab button and moving down the ships I landed on Belfast.  NO, it cant be a Belfast player complain about someone else being OP.

Yes there it was, a Belfast player complaining about OP?  Belfast the original pay to win, OP ship.  OP was invented for the Belfast and this dude is complaining about a tech tree ship!  

The best part of the story is I never even knew he was in the game.  I was on one side of the map and he was on the other.  I never flew over him, near him, stopped him, or fired at him.  Every point of damage he took was from guns!  But he is complaining that the CV did stuff to him.

OK the rerack has to come to and end.  This dude has some fantasy that the CV got him when he was never fired at my the CV.  This has happened a lot when a NC player said that a Ranger squadron sank his full health NC.  its been 4 months and the lies continue, please stop and move on.

• Cool 21
  • Funny 13
  • Meh 5

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles

Except it's not going to stop because all the whining about CVs has been going on since long before the rework and will be around long after whatever happens next. There's a small hard core of players who never wanted them in the game and can't understand why their shrieking demands to remove them will never be heeded.

• Cool 14
  • Meh 6

In AlfaTesters
379 posts

The herd instinct is strong with that crowd.

They beg to be told what to think then manage to generate genuine outrage over it.

I had no idea how dumb and childish people could be until I started playing this game.  This was not how the game was at first, nor online games for that matter.  I often wonder if its a generation thing or a too much time indoors, not socialized properly thing.

Get ready for the downvotes,  that crowd will be here shortly to address your ‘pro CV’ attitude.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 2

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
785 posts
6,037 battles

In some ways it's surprising the anti-cv hysteria has lasted this long, but makes sense now that CVs are so much more common versus the 1 in 10 matches pre-rework.  Sure CVs are more persistent but I no longer have to worry about a CV dev strike at any tier except for the extremely rare detonation.  Even DoT feels less due to flooding nerfs. 

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[HOT]
[HOT]
Members
568 posts
16,017 battles

So the guy was complaining to complain. It happens. Belfast isn't OP though. Its the British light cruiser play style that is OPAF. Put the blame where it belongs.

• Funny 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,284 posts
13,851 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Except it's not going to stop because all the whining about CVs has been going on since long before the rework and will be around long after whatever happens next. There's a small hard core of players who never wanted them in the game and can't understand why their shrieking demands to remove them will never be heeded.

I never thought they fit the game but with the rework I am playing them and enjoying them.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,395 posts
10,734 battles
5 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Belfast isn't OP though. Its the British light cruiser play style that i

This really is funny !!

[RNDM]
Members
369 posts
7,021 battles
13 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Even DoT feels less due to flooding nerfs

Probably because it actually is less. People pop DC after everything now because they aren't as afraid of that perma flood. Not only does that eliminate the fire(s) but they probably aren't even going to get hit with a flood before their DC is back either

[WOLF3]
Members
25,163 posts
22,173 battles

A small correction:  Belfast wasn't the original P2W Premium.  IMO that honor went to Gremyaschy way back in 2015.

You should have seen Gremy when Stealth Fire was in.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

@jags_domain I trust you put in a support ticket with replay so the jerk gets a suspension to adjust his attitude!

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,795 posts
14,700 battles
44 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

please stop and move on.

Did you realized that WG now have automatic built in replay that record your last 15 battles by default???

You didn't, did you? You can locate the WG game folder, open the folder, look for "replays" folder, open it. To check for which replay, exit your current game, open each replay and re watch until you found the one

Did you realized that if a player who you felt that giving you a hard time, you could submit a ticket to support? You can also take screenshots and/or replay and submitted them along with the support ticket.

You didn't, did you?

Did you realized that you can post the replay here so that the community can decided who at fault? It could go 1 side of the story, but the replay can tell the whole story. Wait, you didn't know, did you ....

SO, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Go on, let us see the replay

Edited by ObiphanKenobi
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
35 minutes ago, Theodin said:

The herd instinct is strong with that crowd.

They beg to be told what to think then manage to generate genuine outrage over it.

I had no idea how dumb and childish people could be until I started playing this game.  This was not how the game was at first, nor online games for that matter.  I often wonder if its a generation thing or a too much time indoors, not socialized properly thing.

Get ready for the downvotes,  that crowd will be here shortly to address your ‘pro CV’ attitude.

Lolol 

I only play CV these days so I am use to the salt but this dude took the CV cake. I never even hit the dude lol

Your right, cant wait for the, well if Belfast thinks your op then you are! Lol

[PVE]
Members
3,800 posts
16,228 battles

This thread is the best I've seen and immediately caught my attention: 

Had to kill 98 aircraft and would not have survived without an AA load out. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,448 posts
19,859 battles
21 minutes ago, MackDye said:

So the guy was complaining to complain. It happens. Belfast isn't OP though. Its the British light cruiser play style that is OPAF. Put the blame where it belongs.

It's good to know she isn't op. So that means I can stop calling my Belfast "Payfast"?

14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I never thought they fit the game but with the rework I am playing them and enjoying them.

I agree. I have only played CV on the public test - ever. I found it a little daunting but decided to "roll the dice" with a 5 pack of crates and accept what I got. I now have Saipan and she has me learning the hard way in Co-op. It is waaay less complicated than the RTS version. I consider myself an "old dog" who just can't learn new tricks but, actually, think I can make it work.

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
10 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@jags_domain I trust you put in a support ticket with replay so the jerk gets a suspension to adjust his attitude!

6 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Did you realized that WG now have automatic built in replay that record your last 15 battles by default???

You didn't, did you?

Did you realized that if a player who you felt that giving you a hard time, you could submit a ticket to support? You can also take screenshots and/or replay and submitted them along with the support ticket.

You didn't, did you?

Did you realized that you can post the replay here so that the community can decided who at fault? It could go 1 side of the story, but the replay can tell the whole story. Wait, you didn't know, did you ....

SO, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Go on, let us see the replay

I sent in a replay to WG once of a DD sinking my CV because he felt like it. WG said basicallyky, mind your own business so I dont bother anymore.

Besides all the hate cv players get I would be sending more ticktes in than playing.

This incadent made me laugh more than angry.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 1

[TSG4B]
2,795 posts
14,700 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

This incadent made me laugh more than angry

you mean "incident"

anyway, did you know that you can mute and black list the person in public chat?

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Was in t8 British CV, its good but could never be considered super strong or OP.  

The game was back and forth and could have gone either way.  The finally 5 min are ticking down and up pops a very salty chat.  This person thought I had cancer for some reason (and everyone needs to stop with the cancer talk. Cancer destroys the person and everyone around them and you look STUPID when you say it!) and started to question my parental linage. among other insults.  After a rain of you suck and your op I decided to see whom it was that was so angry. Hit the tab button and moving down the ships I landed on Belfast.  NO, it cant be a Belfast player complain about someone else being OP.

Yes there it was, a Belfast player complaining about OP?  Belfast the original pay to win, OP ship.  OP was invented for the Belfast and this dude is complaining about a tech tree ship!  

The best part of the story is I never even knew he was in the game.  I was on one side of the map and he was on the other.  I never flew over him, near him, stopped him, or fired at him.  Every point of damage he took was from guns!  But he is complaining that the CV did stuff to him.

OK the rerack has to come to and end.  This dude has some fantasy that the CV got him when he was never fired at my the CV.  This has happened a lot when a NC player said that a Ranger squadron sank his full health NC.  its been 4 months and the lies continue, please stop and move on.

This Is similar to a game I had a couple days back where 1 dude totally berated our Saipan for having the unmitigated gall to get placed into our match. Probably the same guy :Smile-_tongue:

The brain pans are really loose these last few weeks....

giphy.gif

[TSG4B]
2,795 posts
14,700 battles
19 minutes ago, Harathan said:

The tone of condescension is odd, given how clueless your post is.

Submitting a ticket does nothing; WG do not punish chat transgressions in any way. You're kidding yourself if you think they do.

Posting the video would be against the naming and shaming rule and would land the OP in more trouble than the Belfast driver.

Troll elsewhere.

When any player decided to play online game, prepared to get "wording" sending their way regardless how well, best, good they are at the game. Any instances there will always be some one who is not happy about you/your action. Learn to deal with it

Learn to deal with it??? What the ????? --> my div mate always told me when I whine to him about chat harassment when I do well, "yo, grab a thicker skin", "get a beard" and "grow some **lls"

Officially, there is in game system build to minimize the harassment - reporting system; or use the "Mute" and "Black List" function. Use it.

Supporting department have their own rule when looking at the submitted ticket, they also have company policy rules and procedures, and if it unclear, they can go and discuss with team leader within the department and take appropriate action.

You stated that WG do not punish chat harass, but if many players submit the support the ticket, WG will take a look and discuss rule change to assist player who felt they were violated in such a way. Maybe we don't see anything now, but if the problem is ongoing, WG will look into it. For example, I was tk by a dd, I submitted a ticket, I got a respond with the automatic yeah yeah we look into the matter, we cant discuss the punish but you know what, I don't get to see the person who tk me for 3 days or so. After that, the same person tk me again, this  time he went from across the map to where I was to tk me. Again, another ticket submitted and the same respond. But I don't see the person for a whole week and never see him again. Randomly speaking I could be in game at different time vary from day to day. I am talking about the action WG take in the background where we don't get to see.

Edit:

oh, forgot to mention. Use the editing tool to edit the replay, block out the name, only the ship. It not that hard to do right?

Edited by ObiphanKenobi
  • Meh 1

Members
6,034 posts
7,048 battles
35 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

A small correction:  Belfast wasn't the original P2W Premium.  IMO that honor went to Gremyaschy way back in 2015.

You should have seen Gremy when Stealth Fire was in.

Ah yes, the only other T5 DD that scared players more than the old Minekaze. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
2,631 posts
4,235 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm pretty sure the world could be ending,  fire and brimstone and all that rot,  and we'd still have people here on the forums shrieking about how CV's are a worse problem then the giant meteorites pounding their home into dust.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,603 posts
19,230 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

He now,

I'm stupid.

I bought Belfast to be OP .

Carriers cannot touch me in my smoke, they cheat if they do.

Carriers torpedoes come from nowhere and sink me....

His rockets caused a flood.

His bombs do so much damage that he one shots me....

Pls buff Belfast AA or nerf OP British carriers....

Sarcasm off

Actually I wonder if you plane spotted him?

But I would loved to see that chat window.

Some people show how ignorant they are with each successive letter they type.

BTW Payfest is only OP after the 14th point, until then is just Stronk 

[TSG4B]
2,795 posts
14,700 battles
6 minutes ago, Harathan said:

So what's your problem? You feel some kind of compelling need to dictate to others, in a patronizing way, exactly how they're allowed to deal with something?

Do you need a hug? just to let you in a serek, I am a hugger and love the bear hug. If hug does not work, how about lets head down a local club for a beer ??? you know take a break from the forum for a bit

This is HOW I DEALT with it, and shared, I did not forced or hold a gun to force anyone or dictate to others like you stated.

[TSG4B]
2,795 posts
14,700 battles
7 minutes ago, Harathan said:

isn't a hug, it's being a prat.

No, English was not my first language. I spoke native tongue. Are you discriminate me because of it?

But, are you ok?

bear hug and beer are still on the table.

Edit:

Oh, just so the OP post is not going to get lock, lets get back to the main topic. We all need to learn how to deal with harassment in our own way.

Edited by ObiphanKenobi

[-GPS-]
Members
2,894 posts
33,860 battles

DDs start whining about CVs at the start of a match. I point out that CV were much worse for DDs in the old RTS mode. A good CV player was a death sentence either by cross drop or permanspot. Oh no!  A Lexington can do 5k damage with a lucky bomb drop... lol

Later in the match after I repeatedly rocket and spot red Kagero he tells me to do obscene things to myself. I just typed “lol” in chat. 

Original OP ship: yes stealth firing Gremyaschy is a contender but Imperator Nikolai making Kumas disappear still is hysterical. I’ll never forget a first blood devastating strike when I’d never been spotted. “Hey what happened to Bob?” Nikolai. 

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
10 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Yeah, you go right ahead and play the victim card. Good luck with that.

No one discriminated against you. What you said sounded very sarcastic.