You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rushbin730

Premium Carriers for Doubloons?

10 comments in this topic

[TASH]
Members
109 posts
6,361 battles

So when the CV rework first came out, we were promised that the premium carriers would eventually be released for sale in game for doubloons. I have been saving up my doubloons since then in every way I can, and am very close to the promised price of 14,000 doubloons, and am possibly willing to buy the rest of the doubloons I need to get my dream ship, Graf Zeppelin. My question is, when will this be happening? The premium carriers have been released in the premium shop for IRL money, but they still haven't come in game for doubloons yet.

Link that promised them to be released for doubloons, near the bottom of the article:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/cv8-which-nation-to-choose/

Quote from mentioned article that promised them to be released for doubloons:

"Attention! These ships cannot be purchased before the release of Update 0.8.2. With the release of the update, or at a later date, the ships will be made available for purchase again, but at a new cost which is 14,000 doubloons. Keep this change of price in mind, because if you convert any of these ships at this point, you may fall short of the necessary doubloons to purchase them back later!"

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
2 hours ago, Rushbin730 said:

So when the CV rework first came out, we were promised that the premium carriers would eventually be released for sale in game for doubloons. I have been saving up my doubloons since then in every way I can, and am very close to the promised price of 14,000 doubloons, and am possibly willing to buy the rest of the doubloons I need to get my dream ship, Graf Zeppelin. My question is, when will this be happening? The premium carriers have been released in the premium shop for IRL money, but they still haven't come in game for doubloons yet.

Link that promised them to be released for doubloons, near the bottom of the article:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/cv8-which-nation-to-choose/

Quote from mentioned article that promised them to be released for doubloons:

"Attention! These ships cannot be purchased before the release of Update 0.8.2. With the release of the update, or at a later date, the ships will be made available for purchase again, but at a new cost which is 14,000 doubloons. Keep this change of price in mind, because if you convert any of these ships at this point, you may fall short of the necessary doubloons to purchase them back later!"

@LittleWhiteMouse will quote a Doubloons price in some of her reviews. I have the suspicion that WG sets a Doubloon price and then that is converted in each region to local currencies.

14,300 Doubloons (CV and port slot) is $60.59 US which is the price for the Enterprise and port slot. The other three CVs are cheaper at $59.45 for GZ and $49.03 for Kaga and Saipan.

[TASH]
Members
109 posts
6,361 battles
16 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

@LittleWhiteMouse will quote a Doubloons price in some of her reviews. I have the suspicion that WG sets a Doubloon price and then that is converted in each region to local currencies.

14,300 Doubloons (CV and port slot) is $60.59 US which is the price for the Enterprise and port slot. The other three CVs are cheaper at $59.45 for GZ and $49.03 for Kaga and Saipan.

Well I'd like to hear WG's response to this, because it would really suck having saved up all these doubloons thinking I could use them to get Graf Zeppelin, only to find out afterwards that they're all useless, and I'd have to spend the full $60 or so to get her.

Edited by Rushbin730

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,622 posts
2 minutes ago, Rushbin730 said:

Well I'd like to hear WG's response to this lol

Until you see a date listed in one of the official news announcments, WG's response in a thread is going to be "soon".  We will all find out together when they officially announce the date.

[TASH]
Members
109 posts
6,361 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Until you see a date listed in one of the official news announcments, WG's response in a thread is going to be "soon".  We will all find out together when they officially announce the date.

Yeah but I wanna make sure it actually happens haha. I mean WG did also promise us that they'd release Graf Zeppelin after she got reworked again for the RTS style of CVs, but that never happened

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,622 posts
1 minute ago, Rushbin730 said:

Yeah but I wanna make sure it actually happens haha. I mean WG did also promise us that they'd release Graf Zeppelin after she got reworked again for the RTS style of CVs, but that never happened

The rework is done now so I am sure they will.  I hope you are able to buy your CV soon.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
19 minutes ago, Rushbin730 said:

Well I'd like to hear WG's response to this, because it would really suck having saved up all these doubloons thinking I could use them to get Graf Zeppelin, only to find out afterwards that they're all useless, and I'd have to spend the full $60 or so to get her.

WG does rotate ships in game for doubloons. Like @Burnsy, I'm sure the official answer will be SoonTM. Whether that is soon as next month or T-61Sune DD we don't know.

Beta Testers
60 posts
3,675 battles

Curious to know this myself... sold my Saipan and bought more doubloons in hopes of getting the Graf Zepplin.