Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nagro15

Highest # of planes shot down in a match

12 comments in this topic

[FLKRS]
Members
31 posts
9,992 battles

Can anyone beat 254 in a 1 CV/team match?  They just kept coming and coming. Wave after wave. And fast. Shoot a set down and the next set is on top of you in seconds. What a nightmare.

Planes.JPG

[DRHS]
Members
410 posts
18,400 battles

Well I dont have the full match end of game screen, I do have a personal one that's quite good.

Neptune.PNG

There was 123 527 AA Damage in the match as well. Thats what happens when 2 CV's focus a Neptune. Was kind of ugly, for them.

Edited by BarronRichthofen
  • Cool 1

Members
689 posts
7,037 battles

I dunno about total plane kills, but this is my personal record battle:

429295541_EpicCVDefeat2copy.thumb.png.654bece3586c9e00e3877fbf6745093c.png

Yep, and this was a defeat.

This was a long, long time ago. Back before the rework, kaga had a lot of low-health planes, which made it possible for me to farm them in my hiryu. The problem was that the other CV on my team was quite mediocre, and because I wasn't running a fighter-heavy setup, I couldn't actually bring my planes out of my corner of the map until very late in the battle, a they would just run out of ammo from all the strafing. The enemy CVs were actually pretty decent as well. Despite all this, we nearly won the battle, if only an enemy myoko hadn't brought defensive AA. I ask you: what kind of myoko brought defensive AA to the table back in 2017!?

Despite all my complaining, it was an amazing battle that I remember in detail to this day.

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
1 hour ago, BarronRichthofen said:

Well I dont have the full match end of game screen, I do have a personal one that's quite good.

Neptune.PNG

There was 123 527 AA Damage in the match as well. Thats what happens when 2 CV's focus a Neptune. Was kind of ugly, for them.

i think i was in that game,,,you were the last ship (other than the 2 cv) on our team, right ? our cvs were idiots,,we almost lost.....

[BOATC]
Members
71 posts
4,383 battles

Had 83 shot down plus 3 fighter kills in a Prinz Eugen last week. Didn't even have DFAA equipped lol

[PVE]
Members
3,835 posts
16,370 battles

this was just reported earlier today by WG staff:

98 aircraft.  If one ship shot down 98 airplanes............holy crap, can you imagine 3x3. 4x4 or even 5x5 cv's in a game !

[-TNT-]
Members
934 posts
17,868 battles

Can I interest anyone in a Sims? But honestly, two and a half years ago my Atlanta down 79 planes between two tier VII Rangers (then).  When I read the forum posts of players wailing that CVs are OP I wonder what the hell are they doing wrong?

Sims max AA.jpg

AA SPEC DFAA.jpg

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,709 battles

Pre CV rework -  Atlanta 77 planes shot down.  Basically 2 CVs sitting behind and island and I saw in front of it.   I shredded every squadron they sent up.  Remember the game well.  Its a personal record for me

Post CV rework 70 Massachusetts - 2 CVs trying to hard to pick on me.   Full secondary build so my AA is a monster anyways.  They were Tier 8s though not Xs.

Sign in to follow this