Col_Nasty

server keeps me out of the game for 99% of the match

10 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
1,597 posts

I know blah blah blah.. " It happens"  ect. [edited] YOU DO NOT LOSE MONEY.  2 times in a row..suit up with the best camos and mass of premium signals and the server keeps me out of the game for 99% of the match.  I finally get in , there is ONE ship left..I get off ONE shot ..Game over.

It is SIMPLE to write into the code that when this happens..say a player due to NO fault of their own misses more than 40% of a round due to Server side issues they get their equipment back and ALL service charges for that ship are zeroed out.  So I lost 50K Credits a crapload of signals and 2 premium camos.  

There will be people who are cool with that..but if you put gas in your car and they charged you for 5 gallons that didn't go in you would not be happy.  Seems people forget that although the currency in the game looks like it is artificial  it is NOT, premium time , gold etc cost real cash.  

WOWS need to invest in a couple of hours of code to make this not an issue.

Col Out

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,088 posts
15,092 battles

Is this common for you? I suspect it is not a WG thing.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,102 posts
7,217 battles
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

It is SIMPLE to write into the code that when this happens..say a player due to NO fault of their own misses more than 40% of a round due to Server side issues they get their equipment back and ALL service charges for that ship are zeroed out...

With that code in place, it would also be simple to pull the plug on your router if you didn't like the match lineup. There is no way to determine whether it's your fault or not.

I agree that it sucks when you can't participate through no fault of your own. You might want to lay off on using stuff you paid for, (or at least not buy any more) at least until things (hopefully) get resolved.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,203 posts
13,798 battles

You need to look at everything on your end, remove any mods you are running, run the repair for the client, reboot your modem & router, and then connect directly to the modem to see if the problem continues. If it does start a ticket.

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,710 posts
10,351 battles

Before the hang the witch, tin foil hat crew speaks up...

There have been a rumour that you should never go into Random battles with all your Special Signals, and great camo. It most likely ends up in not favourable conditions for you. I've been in enough situations where, I now do not use them all at once. Rumour or not, I'd rather not take the chance. WG tickets doesn't mean squat, they aren't really known for good business with keeping their customers happy.

On a different note, my recent experience with them have been a major let down. I'll still play the game to pass time, but not sure if I'd go for their "program" (no, its not any re-work related, its customer relations side).

Also, I suppose its the time the day/night/tier that made you wait for so long as well.

Edited by LowSpeed_US

[WOLF7]
Members
12,489 posts

This used to be a common issue for vast subsets of the player base, but haven't really heard as many complaints about it recently.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

I can say that I've never experienced not being added to the game before it starts or right as soon as it does. Are you running a really low spec PC or maybe on a very bad internet connection? 

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

I know blah blah blah.. " It happens"  ect. [edited] YOU DO NOT LOSE MONEY.  2 times in a row..suit up with the best camos and mass of premium signals and the server keeps me out of the game for 99% of the match.  I finally get in , there is ONE ship left..I get off ONE shot ..Game over.

It is SIMPLE to write into the code that when this happens..say a player due to NO fault of their own misses more than 40% of a round due to Server side issues they get their equipment back and ALL service charges for that ship are zeroed out.  So I lost 50K Credits a crapload of signals and 2 premium camos.  

There will be people who are cool with that..but if you put gas in your car and they charged you for 5 gallons that didn't go in you would not be happy.  Seems people forget that although the currency in the game looks like it is artificial  it is NOT, premium time , gold etc cost real cash.  

WOWS need to invest in a couple of hours of code to make this not an issue.

Col Out

The suggestion is not new. There were some previously but they don't take into account the main issues. If there is an issue with network or soft/hardware, other players should not suffer from that. 
Suggested option can also lead to possible rule violations, so highly likely we won't implement anything similar. 

Did you try to solve the issue by yourself? Start with standard options first (all mods must be erased first of course):
1) "Check and repair" client via WGC >> Game Settings
2) Delete your preferences.xml file in the game folder and set everything manually again with the next game launch. These two usually fix most of the issues. 
3) Try  to choose another graphic settings and check the result.
If nothing works, please create WGCheck report and attach it to the ticket, make some notes about your issue.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,203 posts
13,798 battles
2 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

There have been a rumour that you should never go into Random battles with all your Special Signals, and great camo. It most likely ends up in not favourable conditions for you. I've been in enough situations where, I now do not use them all at once. Rumour or not, I'd rather not take the chance. WG tickets doesn't mean squat, they aren't really known for good business with keeping their customers happy.

On a different note, my recent experience with them have been a major let down. I'll still play the game to pass time, but not sure if I'd go for their "program" (no, its not any re-work related, its customer relations side).

Also, I suppose its the time the day/night/tier that made you wait for so long as well.

That is simply our old friend Murphy and his antics.

1*ybj2AUH-N8OuRnHu-5Wz4g.jpeg

• Cool 1

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles
2 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Sometimes it happens. Our colleagues from support grab thousands of tickets daily. And as I can see most of them are solved successfully. 
Of course like maybe in all other spheares there is a miserable percent of mistakes or not suitable advices. Some advices are not even carried out, that's why the results feel short of expectations.
I'm sorry for your such type of experience. Maybe you should give it a try one more time.