You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chit_Bucket

6 CV's per Battle !!!!!!!

22 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
620 battles

I have posted a few gripes with the new CV world we play in and i am still very disappointed in WG.

6 CV's in a tier 3-4 match and it wasn't even a full match..Tier 3-4 have crap AA and i'm constantly spotted and sunk early in the match without much contributed to my team (not fun) .

WG limited tier 10 to 1 cv per side why not limit tier 3-4 and above as well..

as a new player it is a blast with 1 or no carriers... 2 carriers fair,  3 its totally disappointing  IMOP 

Tier 2 / coop  is the only safe haven w/o carriers, we should have more CV free options.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,260 posts
13,838 battles

For tier 4, 6, and 8 CV's they have a soft two per team limit and a hard three per team limit, tier 10 has a soft one per team and a hard two per team. What you experienced was a CV queue dump. You are probably thinking they should go to a hard one per team limit but that would increase the number of queue dumps.

• Cool 1

[ILDEU]
Members
24 posts
3,792 battles

I don't want to cause an argument though I believe the reason for the lack of limitation for CVs at tier 4 is because it is a new class that starts at the tier & that the players are still learning the mechanics of it. Also, I see that tier 4 CVs don't have big squadrons to attack in which it's more of a nuisance than actual danger.

Members
14 posts
620 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

For tier 4, 6, and 8 CV's they have a soft two per team limit and a hard three per team limit, tier 10 has a soft one per team and a hard two per team. What you experienced was a CV queue dump. You are probably thinking they should go to a hard one per team limit but that would increase the number of queue dumps.

yeah that would be a good thing. will it ever happen is the ?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,260 posts
13,838 battles
2 minutes ago, Chit_Bucket said:

yeah that would be a good thing. will it ever happen is the ?

Increasing the number of queue dumps would be worse.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,103 posts
7,217 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

For tier 4, 6, and 8 CV's they have a soft two per team limit and a hard three per team limit, tier 10 has a soft one per team and a hard two per team. What you experienced was a CV queue dump.

Which is probably fairly common at the moment, due to people that didn't earn a free Hermes grinding it.

And that state of affairs will last longer than it does for other line releases, due to the bigger grind, and low XP gain for the weak T4 CVs.

At a guess, I'd say at least 3 of the 6 CVs in that game were Hermes.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
5,902 battles

As a guy who is periodically contributing to the problem, you have my personal apologies.  Just know that I'm usually not having the greatest time in that scenario either.

If there was some sort of a draw to play the tiers, to get the matches fuller, would you be okay with some more experienced players in the pool if it resulted in fuller games with fewer CVs?  Just curious.

Members
14 posts
620 battles
11 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

As a guy who is periodically contributing to the problem, you have my personal apologies.  Just know that I'm usually not having the greatest time in that scenario either.

If there was some sort of a draw to play the tiers, to get the matches fuller, would you be okay with some more experienced players in the pool if it resulted in fuller games with fewer CVs?  Just curious.

sure but matches are usually full with 1 to 2 cv's.  i am just seeing way too many 6 cv matches, like its the new norm.... i dont mind loosing to a close match its the blowouts that  really s u c k

Members
1,933 posts
8,914 battles

Don't dump. Extend the MM timer and make CV drivers wait. No sense in punishing the rest of the player pop to satisfy a minority. 

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Members
31 posts
7,319 battles

Honestly imo of fighting CVs of every tier post rework I think really only t8 and t10 (which is already done now) need to have the 1 CV per side limit. T8s are and can still be very effective on their own if the player plays it correctly and plans their targets. T4 and T6 CVs from my experience with them and fighting against them don't really seem all that effective atm so I believe they should still be allowed to have double per team to help their effectiveness not so much to be OP as they do not really do all that much from what ive seen.  I do believe that 3 per side is just ridiculous and that 2 should be max but limited to T4 and T6 kinda like the old CV system you know? 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,260 posts
13,838 battles
24 minutes ago, Destroyer_Hammann said:

Honestly imo of fighting CVs of every tier post rework I think really only t8 and t10 (which is already done now) need to have the 1 CV per side limit. T8s are and can still be very effective on their own if the player plays it correctly and plans their targets. T4 and T6 CVs from my experience with them and fighting against them don't really seem all that effective atm so I believe they should still be allowed to have double per team to help their effectiveness not so much to be OP as they do not really do all that much from what ive seen.  I do believe that 3 per side is just ridiculous and that 2 should be max but limited to T4 and T6 kinda like the old CV system you know? 

I find the tier 6 CV's to be the best. The AA difference to tier 8 while large is not as extreme as from 8 to 10 so they are still able to perform against them.

[O-PN]
Members
2,626 posts
5,800 battles

I take out the T4 herp just to play around.  Feels like a phone game to me with T4 CV.  They can't do much damage overall and they're easy to dodge.  I really have to laugh at those complaining about T4 CVs.....  Heavy guns can still wipe out over half of your life in one salvo, yet you're complaining about the little nats overhead that are easily dodged.  This is funny.

• Boring 1

Members
1,933 posts
8,914 battles

Still don't understand multiple CVs per team with no fighter squads. Neutralizing enemy aircraft is the carrier's primary function. Taking the anti-air aspect out of the game was a very poor decision. 

[WOLFG]
Members
27,103 posts
7,217 battles
1 hour ago, Chit_Bucket said:

sure but matches are usually full with 1 to 2 cv's.  i am just seeing way too many 6 cv matches, like its the new norm.... i dont mind loosing to a close match its the blowouts that  really s u c k

It's where you're at that's the problem. With the favourable MM for T4, the CVs can't really get pulled into higher tier matches.

It'll get better once you hit T5-6.

Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
26 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Still don't understand multiple CVs per team with no fighter squads. Neutralizing enemy aircraft is the carrier's primary function. Taking the anti-air aspect out of the game was a very poor decision. 

Yeah they really are setting up the new cv players for failure by omitting that mechanic till t6.

• Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,091 posts
15,166 battles
2 hours ago, Chit_Bucket said:

I have posted a few gripes with the new CV world we play in and i am still very disappointed in WG.

6 CV's in a tier 3-4 match and it wasn't even a full match..Tier 3-4 have crap AA and i'm constantly spotted and sunk early in the match without much contributed to my team (not fun) .

WG limited tier 10 to 1 cv per side why not limit tier 3-4 and above as well..

as a new player it is a blast with 1 or no carriers... 2 carriers fair,  3 its totally disappointing  IMOP 

Tier 2 / coop  is the only safe haven w/o carriers, we should have more CV free options.

Wow that is supper rare, would have loved to have been in that.