Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

What is your highest number of citadel hits?

20 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,788 battles

Curious as to what might be your highest number of citadel hits you have been credited with in one battle.

Do not care what mode it has been in, PVE, PVP, its all good, you still have to aim and luck has to be on your side.

Over the weekend, got 7 in my Musashi and 15 in my Salem (love that ship!).

Thanks and have fun out there!

[KRAB]
Members
887 posts
7,326 battles

I know I got at least ~20 once in a Kitakaze (caught a Neptune full broadside) and have broken 10 in a BB a couple times. 

[WOLF3]
Members
25,223 posts
22,240 battles

The game doesn't track that stat, but I do remember loving to knife fight other Cruisers with Atlanta and the chain of citadel hits against them are non-stop.  The best part is seeing the panic set in on the target when the damage spikes higher and higher against them, and the shells just keep coming.

As a Tier VII, Atlanta can see many poorly armored Cruisers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[GREIF]
Members
252 posts
3,986 battles

Was grinding the T6 Budyonny last week.  I got something like 22 citadels in a single match.  Surprisingly  the Cits I was inflicting while driving my Budyonny weren't resulting in the huge HP chip from the opposing ship that I would have expected.  

which I suppose has me wondering what is the maximum damage you can inflict on an opposing ship when you citadel it -- I mean assuming a  fun and engaging detonation isn't triggered.  I'm not sure I'm interpreting the mechanics described on WiKi correctly.  My take-away from Wiki penetration mechanics article is that a citadel penetration inflicts the max listed damage for a particular shell.  So if a Budyonny's max AP damage for a penetration is 3300, than the damage inflicted by a citadel penetration is 3300.    

Edited by warlock_xxxx

[GREIF]
Members
252 posts
3,986 battles
4 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

shot-19_04.09_00_08_08-0881.thumb.jpg.26c7ed539e4121ef56375fe329c8fe02.jpg

:3

Lots of cruisers disrespecting Gnevny's  rapid fire AP Love...lol...well done

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,788 battles
13 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

shot-19_04.09_00_08_08-0881.thumb.jpg.26c7ed539e4121ef56375fe329c8fe02.jpg

:3

Wow! Vader, that's a lot of cit hits. Nicely done!

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,788 battles

Until I got the Musashi and Salem, I would only get a couple of citadel hits here and there.  Even though the number that I listed that I have gotten in mine is small in comparison to those that the rest of you have posted, you can still imagine that I am thrilled to be getting so many. Finally.

Good job all....carry on and have fun doing it!

[WOLFC]
Members
685 posts
24,973 battles

Highest number in one salvo is 7 while in my Musashi.

Highest number in a match is 29 in my Belfast in Narai.

[INTEL]
Members
2,783 posts
15,307 battles
24 minutes ago, Rumple010 said:

Highest number in one salvo is 7 while in my Musashi.

Highest number in a match is 29 in my Belfast in Narai.

If more people who play Operations respond, you'll see huge numbers coming out of there.  I also had 29 in a Leander in Aegis and I remember somewhere in the upper 30's on Cherry Blossom.  I just can't remember the exact number. 

@Ares1967, @Taichunger and @Lightninger will certainly have more.

Edited by ClassicLib
  • Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
796 posts
16,699 battles
3 minutes ago, Aardvar said:

I got 33 cits with my DeGrasse in Aegis.

1177132259_DeGrasse33cits.thumb.JPG.e9d533d7053a76a57ff8eba9657582ed.JPG

Nice work. Aegis is a cit fest if you get a cruiser heavy spawn and can position correctly. My personal best is below, surprisingly its with a dd. Got close to it a couple of time after but most games had a cv in it and they tend to screw up the pattern.

image.png.0423e31b3dd5b5510f1333a84db78fbb.png

[INTEL]
Members
12,341 posts
34,241 battles
14 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

If more people who play Operations respond, you'll see huge numbers coming out of there.  I also had 29 in a Leander in Aegis and I remember somewhere in the upper 30's on Cherry Blossom.  I just can't remember the exact number. 

@Ares1967, @Taichunger and @Lightninger will certainly have more.

Yep, in Aegis Ive had 41 in Leander, and 40 in Okhotnik back when you could do T5s. Lightninger has even more, tho. My best in Cherry B was in the mid twenties several times in Balti, but they made changes and now i seldom get half that....

Members
627 posts
8,271 battles

My Kitekaze vs a Minotaur at about 4 km. We both went around the point of an island on Sleeping Giant- one on each side of the land - and surprised each other. (His last LKP was half way across the map, and his guns weren't initially pointed my way so he didn't know I was there either.) It was a pretty ferocious 25 or so seconds.

We commenced to wailin' on each other as there was nowhere to run. He sank me, but I gave better than I got in total damage. One of my team mates got him with a single shot seconds after I went down.

[HYPE]
Members
128 posts
43,243 battles

48 using budyonny in pve battle. as for randoms, never remember the exact number. somewhere between 20-25 i guess.

[INTEL]
Members
1,687 posts
14,614 battles

40 in Leander, 34 each in Fushun and Anshan. All in Aegis. 39 with Boise in Narai.

[PVE]
Members
11,262 posts
21,674 battles

Outside of T1 where they are so easy I had approx 25 in Moskva. Not sure of exact number as I am on road but will check and update later. 

EDIT - Finally remembered to check. 23 in Moskva is my highest outside of T1 (24 in Black Swan).

qI4PQau.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Sign in to follow this