Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_kumicho_

uhg.. cv's.

7 comments in this topic

[-YAR-]
Members
92 posts
7,637 battles

I like CVs. really. I dont like plane swarm in EVERY match. 'Complain' post prompted by a t3 match in a BB with no AA (dreadnaught)... with 2 CVs per side. like... really? I think CVs add a cool flavor to the matches, but, t3 (apparently) to t8 (I only have 1 t9+, which i just hurt my team by playing, so I dont) are 2 cvs per side in 99%? of the matches. its seriously borderline unplayable, the game is now 'who can dodge CVs the best', concealment is pointless since everyone is perma-spotted and more then half the ships have crap AA.

I dont have many games played, im not particularly skilled (which, undoubtedly is adding to my frustration), but CVs in these quantities make me want to not play. I 'want' to want to play, i really enjoy the game otherwise, CVs are just ridiculous at the moment. 1 per side? huge buff to AA? i dunno, its pretty silly right now. makes me sad.

sigh..

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

Members
2,633 posts
4,262 battles

No.  AA is low at T3 because,  historically speaking,  the threat of CV's wasn't a factor at that point in history,  and T4 CV's are already really,  really bad at CV'ing.   AA already ramps up at T6,  let the little CV's learn how to play before throwing them to the lions.  One per side would just guarantee you have a CV in EVERY match as opposed to in better than half.

Stay with your allies.  Don't go off on your own.  Don't put yourself into a bad position ((IE,  broadside to god and everybody)) to dodge a low damage torpedo that a CV captain will have to hit you with twenty times ((Before repair)) to sink you with.  Don't damage control a single fire or flood.  Use your AA sectors to spread their drops,  RNG really, REALLY wants to screw CV's and adding more RNG on top of that helps your survival.

[O7]
Members
2,004 posts
16,380 battles

Cvs dont do much damage at that tier luckily so its annoying but not particularly dangerous

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
811 posts
15,965 battles

I agree with you. When tier 3 BBs and other ships,,also tier 4s,,CV's were few and mostly not safley operatiom open ocean going vessels. May a Pilot died taking off and landing on these early CV's. Tier 3 and 4 Ships were not equipped to handle attacks from aircraft so for the sake of balance and accuracy,,cv's should not come into play until the late 20s early 30s. Tier 5

Members
164 posts
800 battles
17 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Cvs dont do much damage at that tier luckily so its annoying but not particularly dangerous

It's the annoying part that makes me stick to PvE. Putting up with all the noise and screen clutter of AA going dakka-dakka at a swarm of dung flies just doesn't float my boat.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
986 posts
16,053 battles

I agree that Tier 4 carriers are more annoying than dangerous but that's the whole problem isn't it? Who wants to play a game that's annoying? I will only speak for myself but having one carrier in a match is fine. It's like having artillery in WOT; I may not want to play that class but I'm happy for those that do. However, having two carriers in a match changes the entire dynamic of the game. Yes, lower tier carriers do largely minor damage but they can cause floods and fires which have to be addressed which then opens you up to more damage from enemy ships when you repair. Further, carriers will just keep attacking you until you're dead since lower tier ships have little to no anti aircraft defenses. How is this "fun and engaging" for ships that can't defend themselves? 

Personally, I have not supported the game financially since I purchased premium time last year while it was on sale. As long as the carrier issues continue I'll just keep playing for free. 

e49bc7878d3aebb19ea392654d5756d6.jpg

[GREIF]
Members
252 posts
3,994 battles
1 hour ago, Palladia said:

... and T4 CV's are already really,  really bad at CV'ing.  

People keep saying this...?  Reminds me of this guy for some reason

giphy.gif

I started grinding the Soviet DD line last week  and these two or three T4 CVs per match result in a lot of "crappy" CVs that seem to manage to take large chunks of damage out of my Russian DDs whenever CV drivers feel like paying attention to me.  Guess I just need to get gud -- and yeah don't bother telling me about the miracles of the"P-key". 

Maybe the players currently playing low tier CVs are getting gud'er  and have figured out how to play these "crappy" CVs?       

Sign in to follow this