Sign in to follow this  
_RC1138

T7 Ops and CV's

14 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

So, now that the premium CV's have been re-released, can WGing render a decision on the T7 Ops (right now just Narai)? They felt the need to drop the odd tiers, fine, but that does leave 2 of the more interesting Ops without the chance to ever have a friendly CV in it. Personally, I think WGing should consider allowing T8 CV's in the T7 Ops (instead of having none or the T6 instead). The reason is that the volume of ships, and thus ship borne AA, is much higher in Ops (especially the T7 Ops) and thus plane reserves could be a major issue which makes the T8's much more attractive. Likewise, and this is a simple business plan: it gives a reason to buy the T8's. As I've and others have said elsewhere, the Ops make T6 and T7 (and where applicable, T8's) Premiums more attractive; I'd never have bought directly the Gasc, but because it worked in an Op it was worth it to me. Well I'd love to use the Enterprise, or the Kaga, or GZ in an Op and they are reasonably fairly balanced for those T7 Ops.

Failing that, can we get a T8 Op? We are way over-due for a more general one, especially given the sheer volume of T8 Premium ships.

• Cool 7

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
139 posts
12,185 battles

Being able to use tier 8 CVs in the tier 7 operations would be a welcome change for me, especially given that all the premium CVs are tier 8.  While we're adding this change, perhaps Wargaming can swap out the Izumo in Defense of Naval Station Newport with a tier correct Nagato.  Getting anywhere near a tier 9 BB with tier 6 CV planes is a lesson in frustration.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,929 posts
8,460 battles
4 hours ago, LastoftheFallen said:

Being able to use tier 8 CVs in the tier 7 operations would be a welcome change for me, especially given that all the premium CVs are tier 8.  While we're adding this change, perhaps Wargaming can swap out the Izumo in Defense of Naval Station Newport with a tier correct Nagato.  Getting anywhere near a tier 9 BB with tier 6 CV planes is a lesson in frustration.

Or at least make it be in a stock hull configuration.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
16 hours ago, LastoftheFallen said:

That's kinda why I think T8 CV's would work in the T7 Ops; the volume and quality of AA fire that would be present in them would make for some serious no fly zones. In Narai you have at a Minimum, 2 Dallases, 1 Missouri, an Atlanta, a Colorado, and the Lexington to contend with insofar as AA is concerned, all of which would completely outclass (and likely deplane) any T6 CV. And Ultimate Frontier Would be worse, with masses of USN DD's (all with DFAA at least when the old version was played), USN Cruisers guarding most groups, and a Colorado + typically an Alabama or NC in the finale; a T6 CV would be totally outclassed. A T8 should be fine however and make a better fit.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
114 posts
37,479 battles

I and several clan mates enjoy playing CVs in Opns and are also disappointed that a CV is allowed but not available for Tier 7 Opns.  I was hoping that WG would at least allow T6s in those.  The idea of allowing a T8 so that premium CVs would have some additional value is a great concept.  After all, we do get the Tier 8 Richelieu BB in the Hermes operation so there is some precedent for that.  And if the Lexington in Narai becomes active again, the use of a Tier 8 to counter it is appropriate.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

To me the value added to selling the T8 CV's alone makes it in WGing's best interest to have the T8's in T7 ops, to say nothing of how the bots manage AA and group up typically. As I said, I am often MUCH more keen to buy a Premium ship if it's usable in an Op than ones at other tiers. I generally don't care much for T5's *because* they cannot be used in Ops.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
139 posts
12,185 battles

Bumping this back up to keep the discussion going, particularly due to Narai now being the op of the week.  Come on wargaming, give us a chance to make good use of our tier 8 CVs that doesn't involve random battles.

Members
1,101 posts
17,896 battles
5 hours ago, LastoftheFallen said:

Bumping this back up to keep the discussion going, particularly due to Narai now being the op of the week.  Come on wargaming, give us a chance to make good use of our tier 8 CVs that doesn't involve random battles.

Fully agree.

[WOLF3]
Members
49 posts
8,820 battles

I felt like playing an operation for once and just noticed this with Narai.

I would welcome being able to use a T6 CV. I like it much more when operations are hard anyway.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
139 posts
12,185 battles
6 hours ago, Leovale said:

I would welcome being able to use a T6 CV. I like it much more when operations are hard anyway.

Although there are some CV players that would do well even with a tier 6 CV, there are likely a few too many chances that a new/stock/less skilled CV commander may try a tier 7 scenario and end up hurting the chances of their team.  Tier 8 CVs are just much better balanced against ships like the Missouri in Narai that would essentially deplane a tier 6 CV.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
107 posts
3,886 battles

With the recent reintroduction of AA to forts, and the plethora of Atlantas WG likes to use in Tier 7 ops, I wouldn't be adverse to allowing tier 8 CVs in the Tier 7 ops.

[NKOTD]
Members
872 posts
8,038 battles

Not wild about about the idea of CV's in Narai, however just bringing back Cherry Blossom would help since T8 is allowed there.  I realize the CV AI programming must be completed....but get on with it please... It's been 3 months since CV's dropped. 

Sign in to follow this