Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Credit earnings the most illogical thing in the game??

23 comments in this topic

[--K--]
Members
6,604 posts
14,368 battles

I played 2 Montana games in a row. The first one was a win, with the 50% win bonus and a decent amount of xp.

shot-19_04.14_14_34.14-0911.thumb.jpg.4267e8c28ae50c604302082ca7384945.jpg

shot-19_04.14_14_33.37-0543.thumb.jpg.8d96128ee1372def7d7dba7f31ee3de0.jpg

I played a second game in it with not a single change in regards to flags, camos, etc. I got less damage, less xp, LOST and earned more credits than in the first game. I had 1 more kill and a few more ribbons. Are plane kills that profitable??

shot-19_04.14_14_34.26-0387.thumb.jpg.02ad00ce853a4f300f5aea6a6d0369ed.jpg

shot-19_04.14_14_33.47-0857.thumb.jpg.7e94f3e88783afa13e551ee232ed4a34.jpg

I know I had 1 more kill and a few more ribbons. But are plane kills that profitable?? How is this supposed to make any logical sense??? I know that credit earnings aren't based on xp or anything, but this is ridiculous. Do they just have their server hamsters rolling dice for the credit earnings for everyone after every game??

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
425 posts
10,352 battles

Base EXP affects Credits earned so does, Damage, Spotting, Base Defense Ribbons, Capture Ribbons each one is weighted differently depending on Ship type

best to check your Team Score and compare the two base exp of the differ games and pretty easy to make sense why you got rewarded more

[--K--]
Members
6,604 posts
14,368 battles
1 minute ago, Muki41 said:

Base EXP affects Credits earned so does, Damage, Spotting, Base Defense Ribbons, Capture Ribbons each one is weighted differently depending on Ship type

best to check your Team Score and compare the two base exp of the differ games and pretty easy to make sense why you got rewarded more

The screenshots are there.... look for yourself. That's why I put the screenshots there.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
425 posts
10,352 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

The screenshots are there.... look for yourself

Okay where the Team score tab screenshot

• Cool 2

[SPUDS]
Beta Testers
17 posts
2,596 battles

IIRC it's also weighted for damage to certain targets. Doing 10k damage to a DD vs 10k damage to a BB, for example, would be different.

[--K--]
Members
6,604 posts
14,368 battles
1 minute ago, Muki41 said:

Okay where the Team score tab screenshot

You don't need it. Everything you are looking for is there

image.thumb.png.2f05d5cb6c4dc81e27d91b03c803e94e.png

[WOLF7]
Members
12,495 posts
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The screenshots are there.... look for yourself. That's why I put the screenshots there.

You need the third screen...

What you damage and how much you damage it is more meaningful than simply gross damage.

Did you do more damage to higher tier ships in the 2nd game? Did you do most of the damage to a small ship?

Members
56 posts
2,382 battles

Credits are not modified by a win (unlike exp, which is a hidden 1.5x multiplier).

As other posters have said: *What* you do that # of damage to matters. A lot.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,617 battles
12 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I played 2 Montana games in a row. The first one was a win, with the 50% win bonus and a decent amount of xp.

shot-19_04.14_14_34.14-0911.thumb.jpg.4267e8c28ae50c604302082ca7384945.jpg

I played a second game in it with not a single change in regards to flags, camos, etc. I got less damage, less xp, LOST and earned more credits than in the first game. I had 1 more kill and a few more ribbons. Are plane kills that profitable??

shot-19_04.14_14_34.26-0387.thumb.jpg.02ad00ce853a4f300f5aea6a6d0369ed.jpg

I know I had 1 more kill and a few more ribbons. But are plane kills that profitable?? How is this supposed to make any logical sense??? I know that credit earnings aren't based on xp or anything, but this is ridiculous. Do they just have their server hamsters rolling dice for the credit earnings for everyone after every game??

In the first battle you fired more rounds with 91 hits … 

In the second battle you fired fewer rounds with 58 hits … 

Those shells don't come free ya know :)

Edited by Commander_367

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
425 posts
10,352 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

You don't need it. Everything you are looking for is there

So people request you post the other tabs to explain to you why the reward was different and you refuse to accept that logic

This is starting to look like bait ;p

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
6,604 posts
14,368 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You need the third screen...

What you damage and how much you damage it is more meaningful than simply gross damage.

Did you do more damage to higher tier ships in the 2nd game? Did you do most of the damage to a small ship?

1 minute ago, Scout1 said:

Credits are not modified by a win (unlike exp, which is a hidden 1.5x multiplier).

Well I obviously received more base xp (before win) in the second game than the first, I know that. But it's still illogical and stupid

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[--K--]
Members
6,604 posts
14,368 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

In the first battle you fired more rounds with 91 hits … 

In the second battle you fired fewer rounds with 58 hits … 

Those shells don't come free ya know :)

yeah, 14k more credits spent for those rounds lol

[--K--]
Members
6,604 posts
14,368 battles
4 minutes ago, Muki41 said:

So people request you post the other tabs to explain to you why the reward was different and you refuse to accept that logic

Who says I don't accept and understand why it is. So you are saying that that makes it logical to occur that way? XP and ECXP are tied to wins and credits are not. How is that not stupid and illogical? My premise still stands that its stupid and illogical.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
425 posts
10,352 battles

Who says I don't accept and understand why it is. So you are saying that that makes it logical to occur that way? XP and ECXP are tied to wins and credits are not. How is that not stupid and illogical? My premise still stands that its stupid and illogical.

Yes because a 1k base exp win, shouldn't earn the same as a 2k base exp lost. Base exp can show how much a person/ship weight was affecting the match thus they get rewarded equal to the effort they put in.

And as others have pointed out Detailed Report Tab also provides alot of info of what is weighted more to kill/damage etc

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,774 posts
25,296 battles

Depends what you have hit in a game: 10k from a T10 DD gives you more credits/XP then 30k from a T8 BB.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,617 battles

The costs for operation, fuel, ammunition and repairs of a ship are individual and shouldn't be affected by whether you win, etc. - so logical 

[H_]
Members
745 posts
11,542 battles

LOL if you figure it out Ducky maybe you could explain it to me :)   Sometimes I feel a bit dense when I see what I earn in a game.  By the way, those are both really nice games.

Some days I wonder what I need to do to get higher scores and other times I wonder how I ended up at the top of the team.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,103 posts
7,217 battles
25 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Can you put up the detail screen?

Plus, win/loss only affects XP, not credits.

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
195 posts
8,800 battles

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

Some of the relative points brought up above (not exhaustive):

• Damage is rewarded by the percentage of a ship's hit points removed, not the amount of raw damage done. Thus, 10,000 damage done to a destroyer is worth more than 10,000 damage done to a battleship.
  • The damage award scales depending on the tier disparity between ships. More is earned for damaging a higher tiered than a lower tiered ship.
  • Shooting down Aircraft also provides rewards. Shooting down 40 aircraft rewards roughly the same amount as removing 100% of the hit points of a similarly tiered ship.
  • The detection of aircraft and torpedoes also generates a small reward.

Abbye

P.S. - the wiki may not be %100 up to date, however it gives you an idea of the factors that go into the calculations

Edited by Abbye
Correction
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,714 posts
8,649 battles
10 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

You provide a bunch of screenshots, but omitted the most important ones -- details of damage dealt. 50k damage on a cruiser isn't the same as 50k damage on a BB.

And yes, airplane kills are worth money. So are kills.

All in all, looks fairly normal to me.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles
10 hours ago, Scout1 said:

Very much this.  My friends in their DPM Cruisers could have 100k+ damage farming damage off some BBs sitting in the back, and my Montana only did 60k damage.  But I place top BaseXPs for the team and high rewards because I was shooting up and hitting Destroyers.

Also OP, other possibilities why you earned more in one game than the other:

Actions like Cap Defended / Capping Ribbons.

Potential Damage.  If you were taking a lot of attacks flying your way, torps sailing past without nailing you, this can help.

Spotting Damage as a BB.... Don't laugh at this possibility.  When the DDs smoke up and cease their spotting, and the Cruisers by necessity of survival hang further back, it's not surprising for a BB to rack up Spotting Damage.

More ribbons, achievements you rack up, the better your rewards will be, on top of the others I listed.  During the match you look at where your Damage dealt, Potential & Spotting Damage, various ribbons, and achievements are looking great piling up for you, it's going to be an awesome set of reward screens.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
8,562 posts
6,939 battles

Credits are now rewarded depending on what tier you do damage on.  If you damage higher tier ships, you earn more credits that damaging lower tier ships.  If you damaged T10s in one game, you will earn more than damaging T8s in another game (assuming you are playing the Montana).

[WOLF3]
Members
25,161 posts
22,173 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Credits are now rewarded depending on what tier you do damage on.  If you damage higher tier ships, you earn more credits that damaging lower tier ships.  If you damaged T10s in one game, you will earn more than damaging T8s in another game (assuming you are playing the Montana).

That hasn't been implemented.

Sign in to follow this