Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramagar_RoK

CV idea

49 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts

Just an idea,  how about points awarded to total winning score for every plane that is shot down say 3-5 points?  You get points for sinking an asset why not aircraft?

Edited by Ramagar_RoK
  • Meh 5

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts

There need to be CONSEQUENCES for bad play or GOOD play from the other team.  Perhaps THIS will be more of a fix than trying to balance stuff that if the CV can single handed win a match it can most certainly lose it as well.

• Boring 3

[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles

Planes are the disposable offensive force, not the ship itself.

Your suggestion makes about as much as sense as awarding the enemy team points for every battleship shell that gets shattered or bounces instead of penetrating.

• Cool 2

[-YAR-]
Members
92 posts
7,593 battles

Instead, maybe CVs lose health when planes die. Then its like you can actually do something about the silly plane swarms.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Members
60 posts
3,397 battles
Just now, KaptainKaybe said:

Planes are the disposable offensive force, not the ship itself.

Your suggestion makes about as much as sense as awarding the enemy team points for every battleship shell that gets shattered or bounces instead of penetrating.

Ohh thank you...somebody beat me to it.  I was about to say that getting points for shooting down aircraft is like getting points for dodging shells, but yours works too.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts

No, because the planes are controllable.  They would for ONCE have to make a decision based on risk vs reward.

• Boring 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts
3 minutes ago, _kumicho_ said:

Instead, maybe CVs lose health when planes die. Then its like you can actually do something about the silly plane swarms.

Another great suggestion.  SOMETHING to mitigate no risk for reward.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,340 posts
2 minutes ago, CutieKawaiiSugoiDesuNe said:

Ohh thank you...somebody beat me to it.  I was about to say that getting points for shooting down aircraft is like getting points for dodging shells, but yours works too.

The match would be over in a hurry if they awarded points for each "dodged" torpedo.... just sayin..

Members
60 posts
3,397 battles
Just now, Ramagar_RoK said:

No, because the planes are controllable.  They would for ONCE have to make a decision based on risk vs reward.

Its supposed to be their risk and their reward...not their risk, and if they should fail, your reward (in the form of extra points).  Your reward for them failing is you dont get damaged and you get to play in the match a little while longer.  The same thing that happens when a shell misses you, or shatters or overpens and does no damage.

Members
60 posts
3,397 battles
Just now, StoptheViolins said:

The match would be over in a hurry if they awarded points for each "dodged" torpedo.... just sayin..

Yah thats kind of the point of my comment, that a mechanic such as that would not make any sense.  ...just sayin...

[-YAR-]
Members
92 posts
7,593 battles

yeah, i dont think points makes sense since game play wise, I think it would cause more camping.. just wait for planes and get free points, the goal shouldnt be to penalize the team as a whole but counter the CV itself which is why I think HP losses for planes makes sense. They're player controlled and have HP that counts toward my dmg pool, should count against the CV too... especially now with unlimited planes. 

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts

Difference being it's my AI vs your SKILL's.  Change it 1-2 points per plane kill.  The whole point of the game is to kill stuff and take points.  There NEEDS to be a cost/reward for losing a player controlled asset.

Members
2,633 posts
4,235 battles
13 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

Don't even have to check,  you don't play CV's.  Saying nonsense like this just proves that.  Go play them up to at LEAST T8,  then come back and talk to us about 'risk versus reward'.  

16 minutes ago, _kumicho_ said:

Alright,  so long as every time any other ship misses with their armaments they lose health too.  That should do something about that silly spamming of infinite ammo.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,080 posts
5,733 battles
1 minute ago, _kumicho_ said:

yeah, i dont think points makes sense since game play wise, I think it would cause more camping.. just wait for planes and get free points, the goal shouldnt be to penalize the team as a whole but counter the CV itself which is why I think HP losses for planes makes sense. They're player controlled and have HP that counts toward my dmg pool, should count against the CV too... especially now with unlimited planes. 

OK....I could go for this..  However other classes of ships need to join in the fun as well.. how about every time you miss in your BB HP's are removed?  How about torps fired from a DD?   You do realize that planes are ordinance for a CV player right?  Add to that its ordinance that can be directly eliminated by AI on most ships that they are launched against.  The only class that suffers this... you can spam your weapons all you want in other classes.... fire and fire away without any real penalty.  90% of the time in a CV when you are "firing" your weapons at anything in game you are risking their return and subsequent regeneration.           

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
2,004 posts
16,370 battles
21 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

There need to be CONSEQUENCES for bad play or GOOD play from the other team.  Perhaps THIS will be more of a fix than trying to balance stuff that if the CV can single handed win a match it can most certainly lose it as well.

The consequence is less striking power and thus less ability to impact a win

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts
9 minutes ago, _kumicho_ said:

You mean they would have to "git gud" and adjust game play..... :P?

[-YAR-]
Members
92 posts
7,593 battles
1 minute ago, RA6E_ said:

OK....I could go for this..  However other classes of ships need to join in the fun as well.. how about every time you miss in your BB HP's are removed?  How about torps fired from a DD?   You do realize that planes are ordinance for a CV player right?  Add to that its ordinance that can be directly eliminated by AI on most ships that they are launched against.  The only class that suffers this... you can spam your weapons all you want in other classes.... fire and fire away without any real penalty.  90% of the time in a CV when you are "firing" your weapons at anything in game you are risking their return and subsequent regeneration.           

Using your logic, I want to control my shells after I fire them, then we have a deal.

• Cool 1

Members
2,633 posts
4,235 battles
26 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

*read*  *Rereads*  You...think CV's can single handled win the match,  do you?  You realize that ANY ship,  when sailed by a unicum or skilled player ((Or as rarely happens sometimes in my case,  the least bad player of the bunch)) can carry a match,  right?  And that CV's aren't some magical I-win button?  

Go.  Play.  Them.  Up to and including some T8 battles,  then please,  by all means,  come back and regale us with your tales of how many matches you won single handedly.  We'll wait.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts
2 minutes ago, Palladia said:

*read*  *Rereads*  You...think CV's can single handled win the match,  do you?  You realize that ANY ship,  when sailed by a unicum or skilled player ((Or as rarely happens sometimes in my case,  the least bad player of the bunch)) can carry a match,  right?  And that CV's aren't some magical I-win button?  

Go.  Play.  Them.  Up to and including some T8 battles,  then please,  by all means,  come back and regale us with your tales of how many matches you won single handedly.  We'll wait.

Ok, name ONE other ship that can control the tempo of a game like a CV that isn't a CV.  I'm all ears.  I don't play CV's just like I didn't play arty in WOT (which drove me away).  This should be good.

Members
783 posts
31 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

There already is consequence its called the CV gets deplaned.  If you think CV are so godly OP go play them and see for yourself.  Go single handedly win the match.  Ill wait right here, make sure to tell your team not to do anything to help.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts
2 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

There already is consequence its called the CV gets deplaned.  If you think CV are so godly OP go play them and see for yourself.  Go single handedly win the match.  Ill wait right here, make sure to tell your team not to do anything to help.

So, you don't think the spotting of a CV is significant.  Interesting.

Members
783 posts
Just now, Ramagar_RoK said:

So, you don't think the spotting of a CV is significant.  Interesting.

What i think is your opinion is heavily biased.  Go try the rework.  Im not a CV main but Ive played a lot of CV since the rework and I dont see anything close to god like power that you seem to.   CV have strengths and weaknesses just like all other classes.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,080 posts
5,733 battles
34 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

It really not hard to figure out quickly who pretty much has zero understanding of how to play the class he is vociferating against

• Cool 1

Members
488 posts
3 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

Hes not interested in actual facts.  He hates CVs and just wants them removed from the game so he’ll whine incessantly until it happens.  Meanwhile he has no idea how obvious it is he doesn’t play carriers / he’s clueless about carriers.  

He thinks cvs win matches single handedly.  He thinks cvs are at the top of the team ranking every match.  He thinks cvs can spot you while your planes are elsewhere fighting. He thinks your attack planes and bombers do a 180 the moment they drop payload so that an ally 7km away will not fire at your planes at all.  He probably still thinks carriers have infinite planes. 

This is the mindset of anti CV whiners.  They don’t want balance.  They want cvs gimped so bad that no one will play them.  He tries to pretend cvs are OP yet only 1 out of 36 to 48 ships at tier 8 or 20 are cvs, which proves carriers have gone back to being garbage at those tiers.  

• Meh 1

Sign in to follow this