You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Ocean - Need it in regular rotation

102 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,373 posts

I'd like WoWS/WG to consider moving the NaH20 map into a more regular rotation, at tiers other than ten. 

Seems like so many players have no clue as to how to conduct combat without something to hide behind. The map's great cause it does reveal who really knows how to play their ships versus those who do not. 

It's a challenging map for most of us then... and prior exposure to it at other tiers would not be a bad idea at all. Maybe drop it down to 9/8 tiers? 

Rotation maybe one out of 12 or 15? 

• Cool 36
  • Meh 9

[SBS]
Members
5,230 posts
11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I'd like WoWS/WG to consider moving the NaH20 map into a more regular rotation, at tiers other than ten. 

Seems like so many players have no clue as to how to conduct combat without something to hide behind. The map's great cause it does reveal who really knows how to play their ships versus those who do not. 

It's a challenging map for most of us then... and prior exposure to it at other tiers would not be a bad idea at all. Maybe drop it down to 9/8 tiers? 

Rotation maybe one out of 12 or 15? 

What about the ships that aren't intended to fight in open water.  There is a reason ships have stealth and use island cover...because they were designed to.  Ocean was taken out of regular rotation for good reason, overall, players hated it.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 7

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Feedback on this is always welcome, however Ocean is a pretty divisive map from the communities perspective.  There seems to be a lot of love, a lot of hate, and little middle ground for some of you. 

How much rotation would you be ok with?

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

Just go and play on it in the training room, if you like it so much. Teams have problem just to move in to strategic points when there is cover. In ocean map.....most of the time just pussyfooting around ,avoiding any action... Thx,,but rather not.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[TBW]
Members
9,821 posts
16,571 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

Feedback on this is always welcome, however Ocean is a pretty divisive map from the communities perspective.  There seems to be a lot of love, a lot of hate, and little middle ground for some of you. 

I don't know how much, but I haven't had an Ocean battle in more than a year I would bet.

[-RNG-]
Members
528 posts
12,407 battles
16 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

More than now but less than others in the rotation.  Make it 5 to 8/100 instead of 1/100.   Only if we knew the upcoming map and could then make a ship choice with that knowledge would I put it in any higher rotation for the reason that @Slimeball91 says above.  Some ships simply aren't "designed" for open water combat. 

Actually this would be nice feature, especially for CW, to know the map ahead of time and could then build your team's ship compliment with that knowledge.

Edit:  @Radar_X  Someone else said this but I agree, it should be in the rotation at all tiers, not just T8-T10.

Comp   #WV44

Edited by TheCompGuy25
Added @radar_x comment

[-K-]
Members
8,033 posts
13,259 battles
25 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Seems like so many players have no clue as to how to conduct combat without something to hide behind.

100% true.

4 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Same as all the other maps.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

Ocean map belongs to clan battles, where 2 highly motivated team can move as a TEAM...not in random,where even at high tier,half the team has no idea what to do at all......

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[STW]
Members
254 posts
17,409 battles

You guys are selling this short.  It's so much better after the last patch.  Much improved!

[TDG]
Members
1,784 posts
11,616 battles

It is a challenging map.  It is supposed to be.

I have been on it a few times in the last week.

It requires you to understand the strengths and weaknesses of your ship. (Just like all other maps.)

I think the current rotation is fine, but I do think it should be seen at Tier 9, and possibly at Tier 8.  (It could be at a lower rate for these lower Tiers.)

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
9,669 posts
17,623 battles

Should be in all tiers and %20 chance.. its the must realistic map in the game.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 6

[WOLF1]
Members
2,862 posts
12 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

20%? i love that map, that's how real navy battles were conducted 99% of the time

Edited by Happy668
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,938 posts
5,814 battles
13 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Last I've seen it was half a year ago. I don't know what ratios WG has set it to, but it's too damn low. getting Ocean is like spotting Bigfoot. Change it so I see it once a week, and apply the map to all tiers.

[PVE]
Members
3,818 posts
16,318 battles

That is simple to answer !   Put it in the random rotation !  Every map has an equal chance of selection.......   Games that have voting map selections end up on three or four maps out of a dozen....  And that, is terrible.  Make map rotations at all tiers completely a RNG event......  Completely random choice from all.  

I love open water maps.  Who can or can not move, shoot and communicate....  Talk is cheap where there is no where to hide.....

Edited by Asym_KS

Beta Testers
474 posts
2,916 battles

It's a great place for people to learn spotting mechanics and forcing you to learn 100% about your ship's abilities and weaknesses. I think it would be good back in rotation.

Members
1,367 posts
16,663 battles
15 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Many of us like the middle ground. It's this all or nothing moves that WoWS often takes that drives us crazy.

I've never thought of the Ocean map as being particularly difficult but if others do... what is so wrong with a challenge every now and then.

Once every 20 or 30 games wouldn't be over taxing. I can't even remember my last Ocean map game; it would have to be well over a month ago.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
3,818 posts
16,318 battles
24 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Oh, that's right !!!  I forgot, Carriers, you know those players you gave a meta/OP 15 minute window of domination, would out right quit the game !!!  Because they can't fight in a First Person shooter; they are confined to third person aircraft and, as the saying goes:  What can be seen can be hit; and, what can be hit can be killed......  Oh please, put it back into a random generated, non-weighted map selection process.....  My Yamato will see them at game start and I will sink them in the first 3 minutes or die trying.....you betcha !!!  Then, we will have balance in the Schwartz; and, all will be well.........!!  Of course, this will never happen because of carriers......but, it was fun to have this conversation....

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Boring 1

Members
627 posts
8,271 battles
28 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I actually like Ocean a great deal, especially given that it makes people think outside their normal box.

As to rates - I think about half as often as Warrior's Path turns up. 

Edit: Or, heck, just put it in the normal rotation with an equal chance as any other map. Try it for a while - maybe one update - and see how people react. Can the reaction be as bad as the CV rework?

Edited by Grflrgl
  • Cool 2

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

I've been some since OBT and I remember getting that map at T3, I still love that map but it needs some changes

@Radar_X here are my suggestions, make Ocean 18x18km and make it for T4 to T7, make it domination or epicenter. Make a new Ocean for T8 to T10, 25x25km and give access to rain squalls or typhoons that way it gives players stealth options

Edited by Psycodiver
  • Cool 1

Members
2,666 posts
93 battles
44 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Ocean is far too rare these days. It's almost like dumb luck if you even get Ocean map in the first place.

Increase the chance of it appearing to 5-10 times its current rate.

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
811 posts
15,953 battles

I agree 1000000 percent!. Would love to see it in tier 3,4,5. Like Jutalnd. That would be fun as hell. Campers, snipers and the like with shiver in their boots.