Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Super_Dreadnought

Thank you WG for Torpedo Beat

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,938 posts
5,814 battles

Just wanted thank you to Wargaming for Torpedo Beat in space battles. It is absolutely [edited] hilarious, and the most fun thing that's happened to WoWs for years. I haven't won a match yet at time of writing but I don't care. It's fast, frantic, high octane, mega derpy, Kansai dorifto action.

It even has a eurobeat soundtrack. Can't wait for the Yuro video, because this was made for him.

10 out of 10. :cap_like:Seriously April Fools should have just been this mode.

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
12,341 posts
34,241 battles

That mode is a frikkin' blast. Just got out of a spectacular 1v1 with very tough opponent, got lucky and nailed him. But we must have spent five or six minutes hunting each other across the map. I haven't had that much fun in ages. 

The quick capping means that you can't drive off and win on points. You have to hunt enemies even when you are ahead by a large margin. Very well designed. 

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,642 posts
1,199 battles
19 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Just wanted thank you to Wargaming for Torpedo Beat in space battles. It is absolutely [edited] hilarious, and the most fun thing that's happened to WoWs for years. I haven't won a match yet but I don't care. It's fast, frantic, high octane, mega derpy, Kansai dorifto action.

It even has a eurobeat soundtrack. Can't wait for the Yuro video, because this was made for him.

12 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

That mode is a frikkin' blast. Just got out of a spectacular 1v1 with very tough opponent, got lucky and nailed him. But we must have spent five or six minutes hunting each other across the map. I haven't had that much fun in ages. 

The quick capping means that you can't drive off and win on points. You have to hunt enemies even when you are ahead by a large margin. Very well designed. 

We are happy you are enjoying the mode!

Has there been any awesome moments that you have taken screenshots of or recorded? Have there been any funny moments that you can remember that made you lol?

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
517 posts
17,032 battles

Driving at 100+knots with 160 knots torps, no team damage, whats not to like.  

The only strategy is drive like you stole it and fire torps in the random direction of a red once you are loaded.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,082 posts
4,438 battles

Yeah WG did a good job with the mode. Had a blast playing it on the PT. Cant wait to try it on the live server

[ARGSY]
Members
18,276 posts
12,699 battles
30 minutes ago, SansPeur said:

Driving at 100+knots with 160 knots torps, no team damage, whats not to like.  

World of guided-missile hydrofoils? :Smile_teethhappy:

53 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Seriously April Fools should have just been this mode.

Or something like it. It's hilariously crazy, I agree; nevertheless, the BBs and cruisers needed a look-in and this mode is just not appropriate for them.

[INTEL]
Members
12,341 posts
34,241 battles
1 hour ago, iKami said:

We are happy you are enjoying the mode!

Has there been any awesome moments that you have taken screenshots of or recorded? Have there been any funny moments that you can remember that made you lol?

I wish, but no. Sorry. But once again, it's tons of fun. 

We used to do this in the training room, with low tier German DDs, jousting, permitted to use only forward torps and no guns. Was a blast. 

[WOLF2]
Members
255 posts
6,483 battles

I just played my first couple of rounds in this mode and was seriously cracking up laughing the whole time. Kudos WG for a game mode that is a low-pressure, crazy and absolute blast!

[FML]
Members
3,655 posts
14,584 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Just wanted thank you to Wargaming for Torpedo Beat in space battles. It is absolutely [edited] hilarious, and the most fun thing that's happened to WoWs for years. I haven't won a match yet at time of writing but I don't care. It's fast, frantic, high octane, mega derpy, Kansai dorifto action.

Yes, this mode is total chaos.  Love it. 

20kt+ speed, fast reloading torpedoes.  I just got the Shima variant - it cant turn (a major, major weakness in this mode) but its area denial cannot be denied... 

And the smoke - its purple! Pity Z-52 type hydro is everywhere...

Edited by UltimateNewbie

Sign in to follow this