Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

12 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,143 posts
9,801 battles

Lol got so many wins it was a good weekend. Made a bit more progress on the UU grind for Midway/Grozo/DM. Less than 100K to the Implacable (Furious is a good T6, just falters against anything US in AA build).

Henri set a few new bests, including commander XP record:

E3H1szG.jpg

PWIAcxV.jpg

Iw0A1Gu.jpg

Carried several matches, one each in Furious, Hindy, and Zao. Don't remember the Zao one, but in Furious, Two Brothers map, we basically were equal on points, few minutes left, a Normandie and New Orleans left vs. their Ranger, Helena, and couple other ships. Was up to me to do damage as my remaining teammates didn't dare sail outside my CV's AA, and bagged the Helena after several runs w/ TB.

6Kv8aE6.jpg

Most just a DPS time, but my skill in Hindy proved vital to getting a kill with seconds left on the clock--brought down a Moskva that made the mistake of staying lit.

New personal best in DM:

zP5c42C.jpg

Lost that match, but not complaining. A broadside Mino cleared up my 10 cits in 1 battle mission and got 6 more off a broadside Montana. Luckily they weren't aiming my way when appeared suddenly.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Members
797 posts
16,699 battles

Nice work. To be honest Henry is the one ship I just hate to see. A well played Henry can frustrate the crap out of me as they are so hard to hit at long range and it seems that my deck is doused in gasoline when they are shooting at me.

Spent my weekend finishing the Ironium grind. Finally have enough to purchase a legendary module, but most likely might just get a couple of captains instead as I am on the last xp quests to unlock the Yamato, Mino, Moskva and Republique modules.

[TOG]
Members
4,081 posts
22,327 battles

Something weird was going on in my weekend

Friday       14 games  71.43% W/R

Saturday  14 games  71.43% W/R

Sunday        4 games  75% W/R

Got a new T9 ship played 8 games. 87.5% W/R

Fluke? Getting better? The opposition is getting worse? The MM gods decided to bless me? Well, I'm milking it for all it's worth!

• Cool 2

[LUCK]
Members
1,798 posts
28,422 battles
7 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

To be honest Henry is the one ship I just hate to see. A well played Henry can frustrate the crap out of me as they are so hard to hit at long range and it seems that my deck is doused in gasoline when they are shooting at me.

The inverse of that is a near full health Henri charging a lowly T8 Mass attempting torp, broadside at 2.9km. 4 citadels later, no more Henri.

That said, Henri can outrange Mass and burn it down quite easily - no idea why he chose the other route.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,281 posts
12,732 battles

Finished Directive 3 with intense BB play on Saturday.

Neither of the permacamos are absolutely essential at this level - I had the Baltimore Freedom camo since the whole cruiserpalooza last year and I had the Congratulatory camo for the Martel - but having a Martel permacamo that also gives 50% XP bonus as well as the 10% service cost reduction will be better if I end up grabbing the T9 camos in Directive 4.

Sunday I farmed the XP handouts in the dailies to get the Myoko to hull B (for the extra torps) and get the Gaede her 150mm guns and fire-control upgrade. Finished off with a bit of PTS. Oh my God, do I ever love the Kiev in co-op. I don't know if the PTS bots are extra-stupid, but I pulled 100K credits gross on both games with a naked ship and no flags. Fun for days.

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,798 posts
28,422 battles
4 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Something weird was going on in my weekend

Friday       14 games  71.43% W/R

Saturday  14 games  71.43% W/R

Sunday        4 games  75% W/R

Got a new T9 ship played 8 games. 87.5% W/R

Fluke? Getting better? The opposition is getting worse? The MM gods decided to bless me? Well, I'm milking it for all it's worth!

Nice. I was near those numbers as well. I had multiple come from behind victories as people were doing some real strange things when they were ahead which caused them to no longer be in the lead.

I also found out Alaska is strong. I finally got the gumption up to take it into random. 2 wins almost 90k avg damage, oodles of planes shot down- 59 in one battle.

[HELLS]
Members
2,568 posts
25,487 battles

Nothing useful in standard Naval Aviation crates in Fly!Strike!Win!. Unlocked Shinonome. Next step unlock William F. Halsey...

[TDRB]
Members
4,433 posts
12,588 battles

Busy weekend, didn't play much but won 7 of the 8 randoms, topped my son in damage twice, which rarely happens, my son had 2 very good games plus we did well in the matches we were bottom tiered.

[SHAFT]
Members
797 posts
16,699 battles
1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

The inverse of that is a near full health Henri charging a lowly T8 Mass attempting torp, broadside at 2.9km. 4 citadels later, no more Henri.

That said, Henri can outrange Mass and burn it down quite easily - no idea why he chose the other route.

Thing is the Henry and Montana suffer from the same problem, for every one good player you see you see a potato the next time.

Sad thing is when its a potato, they usually end up on my team. Border humping the part of the map furthest away from all the action.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Well, I essentially played a WoWS marathon all weekend doing the credit grind missions.    Turned out pretty profitable, and I put up some really nice games to boot.

Of more interesting note,  I saw a LOT more BB heavy and cruiser heavy games than I've seen in weeks- and they lasted a good while to boot!   Yay!  Slow Rof- and just plain slow- ships are usable again!

I also tried a match in the newest Space battle.   I lucked out, and got an aggressive team- and we wiped the map!   I did not tempt fate and attempt to repeat- with my luck, I'd get a dozen defender games with all passive/ herding cats teams, lol.

To lighten things up, I took out Exeter and Huang He and other neglected ships to do the bulk of the cruiser 3 mil credit mission.  Sure, it took a bit longer- but it was fun to just play those ships!   Huang He, for example, isn't anyone's idea of a Carrybote- but it handles like a DD, can torpedo dodge like a boss, and often allows you to get away with stuff you'd never do in the ginormous high tier cruisers.  In other words, it's FUN to play.

Smashing a La Gal to splinters with AP- while easily dodging all of his torps was just icing on the cake.

I put up my best ever Leander game, too- with 4 kills, nearly 5,  and appx 110-120k damage (too lazy to look it up right now)- one of which was a gun kill on a Konig that refused to stop showing me his broadside or shoot at me.

Third directive: DONE!   Me? Quite a bit richer, lol.

Alaska pretty much outshines everything I own for dependably good games.  Not always great performances, but it does put up a hell of a fight and always leaves me with something to show for it.    KGV and Cleveland are also pretty good in this regard- not necessarily showy or a million kills, but they do good solid work, and rarely lose me credits.

Also a highlight was a Cleveland match which showed all the familiar signs of being a crap show- such as being swarmed and focused by 2 Cleves, a BB AND a DD- while most of the team was on the other end of the map.   Even had some guy whinging and screaming about how awful I was in chat.   I ended up having a massive game, and coming in #2 for base XP.    Yes, Frances- there's a method to my madness.  And getting focused to pieces uselessly ain't a part of it!   This is a light cruiser, not a battleship. 

Also: Any excuse to take out my New Orleans and have fun with it is a good one.   She doesn't like getting hit- but BOY does she punch hard!  A good utility ship as well, with good AA, hydro, and a floatplane.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,780 posts
25,373 battles

Friday was good.

Saturday was so bad that I decited to buy Assassins Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition for $50.

Still playing AC instead of WoWs.

Only good thing: Our clan managed again to gain a last minute victory in Naval Battles. Awesome job! NB earned us a nice amount of oil in the last 7 weeks.

Sign in to follow this