Sign in to follow this  
Battleship_Elisabeth

Elite Dangerous vs. No Man's Sky

6 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
4,856 posts
5,133 battles

Does anyone play either (or both) of these space pseudo MMOs? Do you have an opinion as to which is better? No Man's Sky is twice as expensive, and a bit cartoony for my tastes, but it's apparently had staggering improvements made over the last two years. From what I read, E:D has far superior combat, but lacks immersion beyond that.

I welcome any input, especially since I can't seem to find anything published within the last 6 months that compares them.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth

Alpha Tester
5,645 posts
2,706 battles

I'd take ED any day of the week simply because it was a finished product when it came out.

[RTR]
Beta Testers
115 posts
4,228 battles

ED is beautiful and well done. It lacks the first person and base building you get in NMS...and I never got that far in NMS to be honest. I like the mechanics in ED a lot more and them not worrying about base building seems to allow for better space gameplay.

[HAG]
Beta Testers
356 posts
4,803 battles

ED just feels good to play I can sink hours at a shot into it (not recently though as being parent takes upuch gaming time) I would highly recommend it. 

[TURD]
Members
131 posts
1,946 battles

I put over 1200 hours into E:D over a couple of years. Rumors of it being a simulation that's a mile wide yet two inches deep are basically true, BUT you can fill that pool if you invest yourself in it. Basically it is a framework in which you are meant to create your own story.  

Edited by Don_Alvarez

[KNMSU]
Members
4,856 posts
5,133 battles

ED and its expansion were on sale this weekend for $20, so I scooped them up. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to play, though, since that's when the 'newbie area' patch drops, and I like to have my hand held a bit.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this