You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeighbourhoodSuperhero

Has anyone received a Space Drop from Twitch yet?

64 comments in this topic

Members
1,678 posts
16,994 battles

Hey folks, as per title. Just wondering if anyone has received a Space Drop yet? I've only received one regular twitch drop.

I know the notes say "Space Drops will deploy throughout the period -- these Drops contain 10 Ironium  and 1x  Sci-Fi Space camo"

And not necessarily that every drop will be a space one. So just wondering if anyone's got one yet?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,754 posts
22,116 battles
16 minutes ago, ij70 said:

Not I.

None here either and I had WoWS streams going for over 24 hours. The one thing I learned from a CC was not to mute the Twitch stream inside Twitch itself. If you run the stream and don't want to listen to it to farm crates, mute your computer or turn down your speakers. Apparently if you mute Twitch, this takes you out of the running for crates.. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,487 posts
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

None here either and I had WoWS streams going for over 24 hours. The one thing I learned from a CC was not to mute the Twitch stream inside Twitch itself. If you run the stream and don't want to listen to it to farm crates, mute your computer or turn down your speakers. Apparently if you mute Twitch, this takes you out of the running for crates.. 

You can also only receive up to the limit per day, which I think is 3 crates.  You may also not receive all of them or any of them, it is random.

That said, I have been getting twitch crate drops for a long time and have a stream running for 6-8 hours a day M-F.  I have yet to receive a "space" one.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,754 posts
22,116 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You can also only receive up to the limit per day, which I think is 3 crates.  You may also not receive all of them or any of them, it is random.

That said, I have been getting twitch crate drops for a long time and have a stream running for 6-8 hours a day M-F.  I have yet to receive a "space" one.

Yeah I get a Twitch crate about every day. Some days several, but normally just the one. Still haven't seen a Space one either. 

[CLARE]
Members
569 posts
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I get a Twitch crate about every day. Some days several, but normally just the one. Still haven't seen a Space one either. 

Same.  I get about 1 a day and I think the delivery is one day behind, meaning I watch Twitch on Monday, get crate on Tuesday.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,627 posts
10,486 battles

Can you earn Twitch drops while using the mobile app?

[CLARE]
Members
569 posts
10 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Open it in a browser on the phone type deal?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,487 posts
Just now, ij70 said:

Open it in a browser on the phone type deal?

There is an app for twitch.

As long as your account is associated to your twitch account, it should work as far as I know.

[SYN]
Members
1,169 posts
9,780 battles
27 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

I only watch through the app on my tablet. I get drops. 

No Space Drops, (crossedfingers) yet.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,630 posts
14,353 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

You don't have to lower the volume or mute your computer ... you can just mute the selected (Twitch) tab.  Right click and Select Mute site. :cap_cool:

edit: p.s. haven't seen any Space Twitch containers either, just regular ones

n.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[ALL41]
Members
510 posts
12,494 battles

I just received a Twitch Container a few hours ago, and it was just a normal TC...nothing different, nothing "Space" related.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,840 posts
42,063 battles

1.  You can get Twitch drops using the Twitch app.

2.  I didn't know you could get space drops from Twitch.  I haven't gotten any.

[SPUDS]
Beta Testers
17 posts
2,596 battles

Never received any special crates aside from the normal ones. IIRC at some point you could get special drops or something, but that's probably rare enough that not getting them is pretty par for the course.

[4HIM]
Members
2,902 posts
11,063 battles

None.  And I have gotten several drops over the last week.  

And most times I run with it muted and have gotten drops.  Typically watch early in the morning when others are still asleep.  

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
938 posts
11,629 battles

Funnily enough I didn't either @CaucasianReroll until now, where I earned 3 in one go upon logging in. They weren't containers though, just notices that I earned them and clicking 'got-it' took me to WoWs twitch page.

[-BSK-]
Members
458 posts
17,365 battles

hhmmm.pnggot 2

Edited by Groo_
text

[CUTE]
Members
335 posts
9,954 battles

I actually got 2 yesterday. I was notified by a message box in-game. No actual loot box.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,100 posts
12,562 battles

No space drops for me yet.

That being said, most of my Ironium has already been spent on 10 point space captains and I know I'll never get enough for much of anything else unless these Space Twitch containers literally rain down on me. I think I'd get more lasting good out of the regular ones!

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

Hey guys, we really appreciate everyone reporting this!  We have folks investigating it and will update you with further information as it becomes available.

• Cool 2

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
517 posts
16,938 battles

A space drop each day for the last two days for me.

No loot box, the rewards just appear with the text message box.