STARWALK3R

Leaving World of Warships for good, after 2+ years.

47 comments in this topic

[GSKUL]
Members
3 posts
6,526 battles

I have been a loyal player for both WOT and WOW over 7+ years. 

I left World of Tanks 2 years ago and did not return. I had valid reasons to do so, Now I'm here again because I have left WOW and for the same very reasons.

Here are some of the primary issues and I don't care if they are fixed or not, I won't be returning to the game at all. 

1. CV updates, just horrendous. My battles with a destroyer are useless when you have Cruiser's spamming Radar and CV plans just hovering repeatedly resetting cap. (not to mention 2x CV's per side)
  2. Very obvious introduction of cash grab Camo's for no apparent reason. [ 8000 doubloons for a camo? , please tell me how great does this camo look from a distance of 15km's in-game? ]
  3. Idiotic use of in-game currencies like Ironium.. etc. every 3 months, who the f%^# comes up with this s^&% ?
  4. Premium ships which mimic normal ships but are just a cash grab so that players with money can just buy them without learning how to use them in the game. [ pay XXX $'s and get the entire fleet/ships.. or containers ... sheesh.. ] 
  5. Elite XP and Free XP just collecting and no way to exchange other than pay the game to convert. NEVER DOING IT. (I have had exchangeable XP in 8-9 digits and never giving Wargamming a single penny to exchange it)
  6. Idiotic experience based Container system. Who the f^&* decided on the arbitary triple split of XP to gain containers with no relevance to the percentage/chance of winning something good on the last container? Why should I grind till the last container if the chance to win something rare is the same as the first one? 
  7. Free - XP premium ships, another cash grab mechanism. [ I need to convert or earn 1 million free XP and buy the ship for $1 ? , genius]
  8. No ranked games, and no real reason to put gaps in sequential ranked games. At-least there was some challenge in ranked, Random battles have become a cess-pool of bad players.
  9. Insolvent non-premium system to get money in higher tiers. If you don't have premium account or a premium ships from Tier 8 - 10, you will most likely go bankrupt with ingame currency.
  10. No idea what Karma points are for? 
  11. Campaigns which are not achievable for single players ( forced to join them with Clan or Team battles, why can't I play them with my own skills? ).
  12. No way to return Premium time bought.
  13. Unfair advantage for single players joining clans just to be dormant and get bonuses, but get discounts on ships etc. (while non Clan players who play regularly have to pay full price)

There are a lot more issues, but I don't have the time to scourge the forums to bring them to light. That is not my job.

Wish the developers and players good luck. 

Edit: Whoever care's please move this post to the right forum, I have no rights to do so.

Edited by STARWALK3R
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
3,587 posts
5,312 battles

i think i have seen this thread before.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 2

[5BS]
Members
6,000 posts
3 minutes ago, STARWALK3R said:

CV updates, just horrendous. My battles with a destroyer are useless when you have Cruiser's spamming Radar and CV plans just hovering repeatedly resetting cap. (not to mention 2x CV's per side)

God that's one helluva trend.

Another DD bites the dust. We need a separate forum section titled "Place for Crying DD players to announce they are doing the right thing finally and leaving the game."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Members
888 posts
17,372 battles

@STARWALK3R

Thank you for your post. It allows the devs some insight into why some players are simply not showing up anymore. While some here with IQs lacking a second digit might disparage you for your 'bye bye' post, I consider such posts as personal surveys of the game that are far more in-depth than "How satisfied are you with this match" pop-ups that hit from time to time.

Take care.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2

[WOLF1]
Members
4,008 posts

Well, if the OP is never returning, there's no need to fix things for him, is there?  Have a great time wherever you end up, OP.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,336 posts
4,781 battles

Once you go full lemming, it's awful hard to pull back from that.  Now that the premiums are out, this meta is sort of baked in for a good little while.  They may try to undo it, at some point, but i think it'll be much harder than they realize.

It's free to play so you can always jump back in if miracles happen.   It'll be awhile though.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,254 posts
8,981 battles

If players didn't dismount their high horse and play the lower tiers, que times and mmatches would be horrendous for low tier /new players. And you dont have to spend a dime go earn fxp, the option is there is you want to.

Furthermore if you enjou the game, whats the harm of dropping a few bucks feom time to time? Are u building a new game? WG is pretty much a pioneer in its market.

[WOLF6]
[WOLF6]
Members
79 posts
2,571 battles

The more I read threads like this from DD primary players further confirms why I rarely take out my only DD (T5 Ataska that one day showed up in my port. I must have completed something to end up with it).

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,254 posts
8,981 battles

I find it very disturbing when someone has no problem with super cavitating long range torpedoes and double cloaking devices in a ww2 game but is mortified at the mere presence of a mostly harmless airplane or the mention of the 1000% period appropriate Radar consumable; its supposed to be on 100% of the time not 15 or 45s at a time.

Edited by Crokodone

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,814 posts
19,622 battles
10 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

@STARWALK3R

Thank you for your post. It allows the devs some insight into why some players are simply not showing up anymore. While some here with IQs lacking a second digit might disparage you for your 'bye bye' post, I consider such posts as personal surveys of the game that are far more in-depth than "How satisfied are you with this match" pop-ups that hit from time to time.

Take care.

I have to agree with you Laalaa, the people poking fun are laughing at the demise of the game. Getting feedback, even "stupid" feedback, is a way to address the issues that some players are having with the game. Even if they don't make a change, they can explain why something is the way it is. Without feedback from players leaving the game, the company can only guess what the players want and is why we end up with so much crap that no one asked for and few are interested in. I am always grateful that someone takes the time out to explain why they are leaving. For every one of these we see, there are probably several players leaving without saying a word. Their indifference is far more damaging than someone who wants to explain what is going on or even to take a parting shot. I always find it funny that many who are laughing at the players leaving the game, have so few actual played games. Several seem to spend far more time in the forums posting than actually playing the game. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[5D5]
Members
2,583 posts
15,793 battles
1 minute ago, Tecelote said:

The more I read threads like this from DD primary players further confirms why I rarely take out my only DD (T5 Ataska that one day showed up in my port. I must have completed something to end up with it).

Why I've had a great time play them since the CV rework. Done just fine playing no smoke Kagero & Yugumo and now 44 games into Shima with no worries about CVs.

It's all about knowing when to turn AA on & off as well as navigating around the areas the CV wants to focus.  Kind of like staying at the edge of radar. For too many that's more work than they prefer to do.

[SALVO]
Members
19,029 posts
19,225 battles
27 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Half of your complaints are ridiculous.  So long.

Nah, all of them are.  But particularly for every complaint after the CVs.  All of those were outright moronic.

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
19,029 posts
19,225 battles
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have to agree with you Laalaa, the people poking fun are laughing at the demise of the game. Getting feedback, even "stupid" feedback, is a way to address the issues that some players are having with the game. Even if they don't make a change, they can explain why something is the way it is. Without feedback from players leaving the game, the company can only guess what the players want and is why we end up with so much crap that no one asked for and few are interested in. I am always grateful that someone takes the time out to explain why they are leaving. For every one of these we see, there are probably several players leaving without saying a word. Their indifference is far more damaging than someone who wants to explain what is going on or even to take a parting shot. I always find it funny that many who are laughing at the players leaving the game, have so few actual played games. Several seem to spend far more time in the forums posting than actually playing the game. 

Taylor, I have to disagree.  The OP's post is incredibly stupid.  OK, I get that some people don't like the CV rework.  But the rest of the complaints outright moronic.  And I'll give a direct response shortly, rather than detail my criticisms here.

Have a nice one, Taylor.

[KRAK]
Members
2,069 posts
14,834 battles
34 minutes ago, STARWALK3R said:

I have been a loyal player for both WOT and WOW over 7+ years. 

I left World of warships 2 years ago and didn't ever go back, and I had valid reasons to do so. Now I'm here again because I have left WOW and for the same very reasons.

Here are some of the primary issues and I don't care if they are fixed or not, I won't be returning to the game at all. 

1. CV updates, just horrendous. My battles with a destroyer are useless when you have Cruiser's spamming Radar and CV plans just hovering repeatedly resetting cap. (not to mention 2x CV's per side)
  2. Very obvious introduction of cash grab Camo's for no apparent reason.
  3. Idiotic use of in-game currencies like Ironium.. etc. every 3 months, who the f%^# comes up with this s^&% ?
  4. Premium ships which mimic normal ships but are just a cash grab so that players with money can just buy them without learning how to use them in the game.
  5. Elite XP and Free XP just collecting and no way to exchange other than pay the game to convert. NEVER DOING IT. (I have had exchangeable XP in 8-9 digits and never giving WOW a single penny to exchange it)
  6. Idiotic experience based Container system. Who the f^&* decided on the arbitary triple split of XP to gain containers with no relevance to the percentage/chance of winning something good on the last container? Why should I grind till the last container if the chance to win something rare is the same as the first one? 
  7. XP only ships, another cash grab mechanism.
  8. No ranked games, and no real reason to put gaps in sequential ranked games. Atleast there was some challenge in ranked, Random battles have become a cess-pool of bad players.
  9. Insolvent non-premium system to get money in higher tiers. If you don't have premium account or a premium ships from Tier 8 - 10, you will most likely go bankrupt with ingame currency.
  10. No idea what Karma points are for? 
  11. Campaigns which are not achievable for single players.
  12. No way to return Premium time bought.

There are a lot more issues, but I don't have the time to scourge the forums to bring them to light. That is not my job.

Wish the developers and players good luck. 

Bye Felicia!

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,810 posts
5,932 battles
21 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

@STARWALK3R

Take care.

I cannot agree. Whatever valid criticisms are hidden in OP's post (and I do not personally think there are any) are lost or diluted by what I perceive as a tone of incoherent adolescent rage underlying the entire post. 

You  need to explain why none of the things that bother the OP bother me (or many others) in the least. OP seems to have a pathologically low tolerance for aspects of the game they disagree with, particularly those they aren't obliged to take part in. 

Members
1,539 posts
8,895 battles

Usually I ignore these posts. Im not sure the people agreeing with OP, even read the complaints/issues.

Maybe #1 is valid, the rest seems mostly non-issues. 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,019 posts
3,416 battles
26 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am always grateful that someone takes the time out to explain why they are leaving.

Does it matter what he is complaining about?  He wants:

• No CVs
  • No radar
  • No events
  • OP-only premiums, limited to those that know how to play them
  • No XP-only ships, as they are a "cash grab" (wut??)
  • No campaigns that aren't easy
  • Nothing that costs actual money
  • Refunds for the money that he supposedly didn't spend.

These are stupid complaints.  That is what we're laughing at.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,336 posts
4,781 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Usually I ignore these posts. Im not sure the people agreeing with OP, even read the complaints/issues.

Maybe #1 is valid, the rest seems mostly non-issues. 

It's a frustrated long time player that's maybe not the best at putting forth a cogent argument.  We've all been frustrated by the game though and so we all have that in common.  Some of us agree with the current sentiment of frustration and some don't and that's what separates us now.

• Cool 1

Members
888 posts
17,372 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I cannot agree. Whatever valid criticisms are hidden in OP's post (and I do not personally think there are any) are lost or diluted by what I perceive as a tone of incoherent adolescent rage underlying the entire post. 

You  need to explain why none of the things that bother the OP bother me (or many others) in the least. OP seems to have a pathologically low tolerance for aspects of the game they disagree with, particularly those they aren't obliged to take part in. 

I don't think we can limit 'bye bye' posts to literary giants. Sometimes you have to dig the gems (if there are any) out of the mass of rubble that is many postings on this forum. I mean, I only really understood #1. His "cash-grab" gripes (#'s 2., 4., 5., 7., and 9., I think) are just the primary aim of a business, to generate cash, and are thus not really relevant. The other things make my head hurt.

...anyway, any feedback from customers concerning a product is valuable to the ones producing the item. He took some time to write a lengthy, albeit muddy, review and opinion/reason piece for his dissatisfaction and departure. More for the devs to rate the merit of than forumites to disparage, I think.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,814 posts
19,622 battles
2 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

It's a frustrated long time player that's maybe not the best at putting forth a cogent argument.  We've all been frustrated by the game though and so we all have that in common.  Some of us agree with the current sentiment of frustration and some don't and that's what separates us now.

I think this is probably it and maybe add that English may not be the player's primary language. We have quite a few players from other countries on NA than Canada and the USA. 

Personally I don't agree with everything he has a problem with, not sure many of us would, but dismissing "I Quit" posts or to jeer someone who writes one is juvenile. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
475 posts
5,376 battles
43 minutes ago, STARWALK3R said:
  • CV updates, just horrendous. My battles with a destroyer are useless when you have Cruiser's spamming Radar and CV plans just hovering repeatedly resetting cap. (not to mention 2x CV's per side)
  • Premium ships which mimic normal ships but are just a cash grab so that players with money can just buy them without learning how to use them in the game.
  • Insolvent non-premium / premium system to get money in higher tiers. If you don't have  a premium ships from Tier 8 - 10, you will most likely go bankrupt with ingame currency. a captain can lose credits winning a battle with premium time at t9. 

Leaned your post for you.  I believe there is a rule somewhere about summarizing your thoughts in threes.

Good luck Starwalk3r, in your future games.