You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
QQ_Whine_Moar

Man, people are hilarious

33 comments in this topic

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles

Was just in a 4 CV battle. On my side was me, in a Shokaku and there was a Saipan. Some jerk in an Aoba was berating the Saipan driver for having the audacity to even come into the game. Kept saying that he was in the worst CV and cost us the game while looking up the guys stats and continually ripping him. Then he started ripping me when I defended the Saipan.

The best part....both me and the Saipan outscored the bully. 

If you are gonna talk trash and bully someone, at least  have the decency to outscore them...

2.jpg

X3TeVee.gif

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Members
20 posts
10,489 battles

To be fair, a t7 ijn cruiser versus 2 t8 carriers can't do much...  They are strongest when solo operating stealthed on a flank.  CVs take away the stealth, and own it because it is solo and has mediocre AA.

AFT should be turned into a captain skill that doubles AA dps when Not overlapping.  So solo flanking can be viable again...

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles
11 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

You lost the game.

I lost my very important game of fake pixelated ships..OH NOOOO--very triggering for sure..

But I was able to take it in wider context..

• its a game
  • I was able to defend someone against a toad
  • I did my part to win

I get that's crazy for many but it's a win for me. 

tenor (4).gif

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PHASE]
Members
6,258 posts
19,807 battles
14 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I lost my very important game of fake pixelated ships..OH NOOOO--very triggering for sure..

• its a game
  • I did my part to win

tenor (4).gif

These are not fake pixelated ships. They are real pixelated ships.

• Funny 3

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles
3 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

These are not fake pixelated ships. They are real pixelated ships.

LOL. Well played

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
18 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:
  •  

In every way but the one that matters.

19 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

its a game 

Then stick to PvE. Desiring 100% in a competition is valid any any competition.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 14

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles
11 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

In every way but the one that matters.

Then stick to PvE. Desiring 100% in a competition is valid any any competition.

Conversely, Those who take the game as some sort of life and death struggle could only play when ranked comes out (or get an actual life) , just like I could only play PVE..but neither will happen. 

This is a never ending debate, and your point is understandable, but for many, including me, it is literally just a game and has no bearing on reality.  Until WG bans people with my viewpoint from PvP,  you will be saddled with us. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 7
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
685 posts
24,973 battles

I was on the opposing team. It wasn't a cakewalk. We had to work for our victory. A couple of things helped us win the match. Our New Mexico took a big risk that paid off. He solo capped A early in the match. Meanwhile both carriers on our team focused on supporting our DDs at B. That won us B and it caused a lot of grief for your DDs. Once we had the initiative, we didn't do anything too dumb that would let your team get it back. And then we won the match.

So, all in all, a good match that we happen to win. If we hadn't managed to shut down your DDs at B or if our New Mexico had gotten himself torped before taking A, then the match could have easily gone the other way.

• Cool 5

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,141 posts
27 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

• its a game
  • I did my part to win

tenor (4).gif

I applaud your decision and agree with your reasoning, but you will find(as you may have already noticed from other responses), that you are in the land of the teeny, tiny E-peen crowd, and they feel threatened if someone does not take their mighty digital manhood seriously.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Meh 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

This is a never ending debate, and your point is understandable, but for many, including me, it is literally just a game and has no bearing on reality

Well it's an element of compassion and emotional maturity; if you don't want to take something seriously, then do not inflict your laxidasical attitude on those that do. When I'm learning a new ship or testing a new one out, I do not play it in PvP until I'm reasonably comfortable in it, because I would not want someone else to learn on my time either. The same way it would not be unreasonable for a football team to expect everyone there to take it 100% seriously and be ready to play, and it too is 'just a game.' And it has nothing to do with whose the best or worst, but if you don't take it seriously then don't play with OTHER people. Kindly WGing has provided not 1 but 2 mods where you can take a relax, who cares approach, there is no excuse for inflicting oneself on those that do.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles
14 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Well it's an element of compassion and emotional maturity; if you don't want to take something seriously, then do not inflict your laxidasical attitude on those that do. When I'm learning a new ship or testing a new one out, I do not play it in PvP until I'm reasonably comfortable in it, because I would not want someone else to learn on my time either. The same way it would not be unreasonable for a football team to expect everyone there to take it 100% seriously and be ready to play, and it too is 'just a game.' And it has nothing to do with whose the best or worst, but if you don't take it seriously then don't play with OTHER people. Kindly WGing has provided not 1 but 2 mods where you can take a relax, who cares approach, there is no excuse for inflicting oneself on those that do.

I take my new ships into PVE too, because i'm not a total jerk, but I don't conflate a real life game with pixels. This game is all virtual. If someone in football doesn't know how to play or doesn't take it seriously,  real life consequences can happen (injury, monetary loss, ect..). In WoWs someone just gets butt hurt or sees lower stats...neither of which actually mean squat.

You have a valid point about selfishness but it's easily just as selfish of you saying that those of us looking for a distraction or pure fun should play a different style in order to support the egos of those who take it far to seriously. One can play the selfish card multiple ways. Some of us support WG with real money too. Our money matters just as much as yours.  At some point someone has to make the logical distinction between real life and a video game. The distinction matters for many people. This isn't the OASIS quite yet. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

This game is all virtual.

Speaking as someone who spends as much time playing markets as he does doing his job, you had better QUICKLY realize that the pixels are REAL and really matter. And who cares? That's a [edited], cowardly excuse. "It's all just a video game so being a [edited] doesn't matter." [edited]. It matters. People spend 1000's of dollars and thousands of hours: it matters and is REAL. It's more real in many ways than other diversions given how interactive, social, and EXPENSIVE it is. Sorry but this just a [edited] excuse that fails under any degree of scrutiny.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[-KAK-]
Members
542 posts
9,964 battles
48 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

• its a game
  • I did my part to win

tenor (4).gif

You're not crazy. If you're able to do your part, and do it well, but your team loses, I still count it as a good game. Case in point, in the games I played last night, I think I won... 3? out of 11. Several of them were excellent games - I played well, scored well, but in the end you can't carry everything. I still count those as good/win games. Personally, I'd rather have a really solid game that I genuinely contributed to and yet we lose than a crappy game where I was just sorta there and we win.

Good run OP. I wish we had more players with this mindset.

• Cool 3

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles

This charade is kinda spergy.

I do agree with you about the jerkishness of the Aoba in question for what it's worth.

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles
13 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Speaking as someone who spends as much time playing markets as he does doing his job, you had better QUICKLY realize that the pixels are REAL and really matter. And who cares? That's a [edited], cowardly excuse. "It's all just a video game so being a [edited] doesn't matter." [edited]. It matters. People spend 1000's of dollars and thousands of hours: it matters and is REAL. It's more real in many ways than other diversions given how interactive, social, and EXPENSIVE it is. Sorry but this just a [edited] excuse that fails under any degree of scrutiny.

I spent years maintaining the fiber most of the internet runs on, including Wall Street.. I get the value of a pixel..lol. And I have said a couple times that you have valid points but I offer a counter view. You seem unable to see it from more than your view. It would be nice if you could remotely try to see it from more than your view, even if you disagree. Sadly, its the way of the world today...

Again...this games outcomes don't matter beyond an emotional scope.  If you lose 1000 times, you still didn't lose anything tangible except the time you would have lost anyway. The market can lose you actual cash and change the globe. Conflating this  silly video game to things that have direct real life consequences is odd and its great evidence of dissonance theory in action.  For those who feel a video game matters so deeply, they need something else to anchor them into reality. 

Have a great day

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[STW-N]
Members
3,823 posts
8,628 battles

Once again, the maxim that the biggest [edited]-talkers tend to be on the more incompetent end of the player-base is proven.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

You seem unable to see it from more than your view. It would be nice if you could remotely try to see it from more than your view, even if you disagree.

No I get your PoV perfectly: it's just a game, who cares, win lose doesn't matter, have fun, its the experience, not the outcome, that matters ect, ect. I get that loud and clear. And my point is, strictly in PvP, that is not valid or true: the outcome IS what matters. The net experience in CoOp is the same: you get to shoot at enemy ships, sometimes they take damage, sometimes they do not. I content that the ideal game for most of the DD Mafia is just playing CoOp as they just want to never be spotted (now) no CV's, and just have the enemy walk into torps from time to time, which the bots happily oblige; The chief difference between PvE and PvP is that in PvP they actively try to do things that can make your job impossible. Ergo, it is the outcome that is question, and ergo, the only thing that matters. If you do not care, or care significantly less, about that outcome, then by playing PvP you are selfishly inflicting yourself on 23 other people who do. And that is a level of disconnect I cannot abide.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles
11 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

You're not crazy. If you're able to do your part, and do it well, but your team loses, I still count it as a good game. Case in point, in the games I played last night, I think I won... 3? out of 11. Several of them were excellent games - I played well, scored well, but in the end you can't carry everything. I still count those as good/win games. Personally, I'd rather have a really solid game that I genuinely contributed to and yet we lose than a crappy game where I was just sorta there and we win.

Good run OP. I wish we had more players with this mindset.

Thanks man. You are a gentleman and a scholar. 

giphy (1).gif

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
828 posts
5,623 battles
31 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

No I get your PoV perfectly: it's just a game, who cares, win lose doesn't matter, have fun, its the experience, not the outcome, that matters ect, ect. I get that loud and clear. And my point is, strictly in PvP, that is not valid or true: the outcome IS what matters. The net experience in CoOp is the same: you get to shoot at enemy ships, sometimes they take damage, sometimes they do not. I content that the ideal game for most of the DD Mafia is just playing CoOp as they just want to never be spotted (now) no CV's, and just have the enemy walk into torps from time to time, which the bots happily oblige; The chief difference between PvE and PvP is that in PvP they actively try to do things that can make your job impossible. Ergo, it is the outcome that is question, and ergo, the only thing that matters. If you do not care, or care significantly less, about that outcome, then by playing PvP you are selfishly inflicting yourself on 23 other people who do. And that is a level of disconnect I cannot abide.

Some, like me, would say the challenge in random is simply pitting yourself against a real opponent and making yourself learn to be better, not the win or loss.  One can want to play humans and improve without obsessing over the W. For some, competition is within oneself and the trophy isn't relevant. For others, it's everything. I'm gonna let you sweat which is more valuable. Time to inflict my lackadaisical ways on the server population! 

tenor (5).gif

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
5,795 posts
11 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

Some, like me, would say the challenge in random is simply pitting yourself against a real opponent and making yourself learn to be better, not the win or loss.  One can want to play humans and improve without obsessing over the W. Competition is within oneself and the trophy isn't relevant. For others, its everything. I'm gonna let you sweat which is more valuable. Time to inflict my lackadaisical ways on the server population! 

tenor (5).gif

Good on you sir. You try to win, but aren't childish enough to throw a tantrum if you don't. Certain individuals have tried to be negative about your point of view and even bait you, and have been found wanting with their efforts. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
627 posts
8,271 battles
34 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

You don't have a lot of friends, do you?

• Funny 3
  • Meh 2

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
23 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

Some, like me, would say the challenge in random is simply pitting yourself against a real opponent and making yourself learn to be better, not the win or loss.  One can want to play humans and improve without obsessing over the W. For some, competition is within oneself and the trophy isn't relevant. For others, it's everything. I'm gonna let you sweat which is more valuable. Time to inflict my lackadaisical ways on the server population! 

No matter how you twist it, or rationalize it, competition is always, exclusively about the. That is the nature of competition. The is in fact WHAT a competition is: to distinguish between a winner and loser. And if you don't want to take pursuit of the win seriously, whether it's WoWs, checkers, market chasing, or anything, fine, but then you have a duty to NOT inflict that attitude on others who do take it seriously: you lose nothing in so doing and a mature person recognizes that.

3 minutes ago, Grflrgl said:

You don't have a lot of friends, do you?

Do you assume top foodball players are the same on the field as they are elsewhere in life? Are professors? Are doctors? It is possible to segment one set of attitudes in an arena away from others.

• Meh 6

[RLGN]
Members
165 posts
8,435 battles
2 hours ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

Was just in a 4 CV battle. On my side was me, in a Shokaku and there was a Saipan. Some jerk in an Aoba was berating the Saipan driver for having the audacity to even come into the game. Kept saying that he was in the worst CV and cost us the game while looking up the guys stats and continually ripping him. Then he started ripping me when I defended the Saipan.

The best part....both me and the Saipan outscored the bully. 

If you are gonna talk trash and bully someone, at least  have the decency to outscore them...

2.jpg

His score is way more impressive than yours, he is in a T6 light cruiser with poor AA fighting Enterprise and Graf and he finished 5th , your Saipain in 4th which is poor comparatively speaking.

2 hours ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said: