65 comments in this topic

[VIRII]
Members
24 posts
14,933 battles

Ok wargaming you have done it finally, through tanks and warships I've stuck with the games since Closed beta but with this CV rework and all the radar ships, the game play style you are forcing all the potatos to take this game does not have any enjoyment. so you can keep my premium account and everything else. I'm done. now does anyone have some recommendations for a new game ?

• Cool 12
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,782 posts
14,234 battles
1 minute ago, PRO_Gaz said:

Ok wargaming you have done it finally, through tanks and warships I've stuck with the games since Closed beta but with this CV rework and all the radar ships, the game play style you are forcing all the potatos to take this game does not have any enjoyment. so you can keep my premium account and everything else. I'm done. now does anyone have some recommendations for a new game ?

World of Warships on console?

• Funny 2

[USFF]
Members
214 posts
5,929 battles

Bye. Your comprehensive analysis on why you hate the game now is a national treasure. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

[HIT]
Members
120 posts
7,033 battles

Play WOWS on mobile. They haven’t bothered with the rework.

[BNKR]
Members
462 posts
362 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

World of Warships on console?

There are enough differences that a PC player might like the new take.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,336 posts
4,781 battles

Outward is an interesting new game if you like the RPG thing.  There's a UBOAT game on the horizon that also looks kind of interesting.

[5BS]
Members
6,000 posts
16 minutes ago, PRO_Gaz said:

Waaaahh another DD player failing to adapt or refusing to play other classes. Nothing of value lost here. Just as DD's told BB's to use WASD hacks, and BB's told Cruisers to use cover, DD's would do well to learn to not expect to be invisible 100% of the game (or even most of it).

Otherwise, I'd recommend single player games, Multiplayer may be too complex for you, especially since most games do not coddle the rogues/rogue-likes the way WGing does; in most games the Rogues (aka the 'ninja' classes) are a *support* class; not an offensive one.

8 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

There are enough differences that a PC player might like the new take.

No CV's and fewer patches. Take that for what you will.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 9
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,044 posts
10,493 battles

h961593E0

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[VIRII]
Members
24 posts
14,933 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Waaaahh another DD player failing to adapt or refusing to play other classes. Nothing of value lost here.

Otherwise, I'd recommend single player games, Multiplayer may be too complex for you, especially since most games do not coddle the rogues/rogue-likes the way WGing does.

No CV's and fewer patches. Take that for what you will.

Oh another mentally challanged CV making a comment. I was saying I've played through wargamings updates and balances a lot longer than you and with the current game meta I find it no longer enjoyable to play so there is no need to flame.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[VIRII]
Members
24 posts
14,933 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

h961593E0

No Problem, only 275 days of premium left though and 310m silver

[5BS]
Members
6,000 posts
3 minutes ago, PRO_Gaz said:

Oh another mentally challanged CV making a comment.

Actually I play cruisers mostly. And really most things in a balance but cruisers more so. And the point still stands: all these whiny threads over CV's seem to come from DD's. It's almost like as a class they are being countered instead of being coddled the way they have been for the better part of a year now.

3 minutes ago, PRO_Gaz said:

with the current game meta I find it no longer enjoyable to play so there is no need to flame. 

Good. Leave. DD's cause more problems and their players have a MUCH worse effect on the game's health than CV's ever could. At least CV's dominating BB's or even CA/CL's makes SENSE. But how many threads do we see per WEEK of a new player starting the game and just baffled by the dominating power of DD's over the other classes, especially at lower tiers where fewer checks like CV's and Radar exist. It's no wonder that the queue at T10 is mostly BB's and CV's and Cruisers but at T5 and below there is just a MASS of DD's. It's almost like they are cowering in fear away from the real fight. How telling.

It isn't cruisers that turn new players away from getting past T4. It isn't BB's that make people quit at T3. It isn't CV's that make people give up before they play long enough to even CONSIDER buying a premium. It's DD's. It's the Clemsons and Kami's, and Isokaze's that make this game non-sustainable because they can more easily TORTURE new players.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
868 posts
6,043 battles
21 minutes ago, PRO_Gaz said:

Their competitor has ships now as well the game that cannot be named without getting banned.

• Funny 1

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
69 posts
18,579 battles

Didn't we see the very same post last week or the week before?

• Cool 1

[VIRII]
Members
24 posts
14,933 battles
5 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Actually I play cruisers mostly. And really most things in a balance but cruisers more so. And the point still stands: all these whiny threads over CV's seem to come from DD's. It's almost like as a class they are being countered instead of being coddled the way they have been for the better part of a year now.

Good. Leave. DD's cause more problems and their players have a MUCH worse effect on the game's health than CV's ever could. At least CV's dominating BB's or even CA/CL's makes SENSE. But how many threads do we see per WEEK of a new player starting the game and just baffled by the dominating power of DD's over the other classes, especially at lower tiers where fewer checks like CV's and Radar exist. It's no wonder that the queue at T10 is mostly BB's and CV's and Cruisers but at T5 and below there is just a MASS of DD's. It's almost like they are cowering in fear away from the real fight. How telling.

It isn't cruisers that turn new players away from getting past T4. It isn't BB's that make people quit at T3. It isn't CV's that make people give up before they play long enough to even CONSIDER buying a premium. It's DD's. It's the Clemsons and Kami's, and Isokaze's that make this game non-sustainable because they can more easily TORTURE new players.

OMG dry your eyes and grow up

• Bad 1

[5BS]
Members
6,000 posts
7 minutes ago, misanthrope0 said:

Their competitor has ships now as well the game that cannot be named without getting banned.

You can mention Warthunder. It's just you cannot promote it. And it's such a vastly different game from this I could hardly see most people wanting to shift from this, to that; the tactics that work here have no place there. In this game things like Momentum and Inertia do not exist. Things like angling does. Shot location only matters in regard to cits but overall, you can sink most things by just shooting the same spot forever (damger saturation doesn't cause 0 damage in most cases). Whereas Warthunder shot placement is everything, momentum is a HUGE factor (and will throw off most players aim as leading is not simply the *target's* vector, but your own relative to the target's). Likewise torps are an afterthought once you get up to the Destroyers and Light Cruisers; no free 'aim here' drawn on the ocean nor do they have unrealistic range/speed boosts that they enjoy here. I wouldn't call Warthunder a sim but it is far closer to realism than this and a totally different audience. So unless you have a hard on for SPECIFICALLY Destroyers, the classes not the gameplay (which in Warthunder, at the moment, they are essentially 'battleships' for the time being), there would be little interest in most exiled DD scum to go there. They'd be far better off with a MOBA picking a rogue if they want similar gameplay (although, and I stress this, no game has ever coddled the rogues like they are here; no game has a rogue be invisible by default and revealed only once and awhile).

2 minutes ago, PRO_Gaz said:

OMG dry your eyes and grow up

You're the one crying about CV's. You're projecting so hard I need to check my wall for cracks. Gitgud or gitout. Is that not what you told BB's?

Edited by _RC1138
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,044 posts
10,493 battles
7 minutes ago, misanthrope0 said:

You can name War Thunder. You just can't promote it. I reinstalled it when they finally took Naval Forces out of pay to test and uninstalled it after only a few matches because I found them to feel more like light takes on water than power boats. Ninja'ed by _RC1138

3 minutes ago, ripello said:

Didn't we see the very same post last week or the week before?

Every week it seems.

[5BS]
Members
6,000 posts
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I reinstalled it when they finally took Naval Forces out of pay to test and uninstalled it after only a few matches because I found them to feel more like light takes on water than power boats.

I kinda like the DD's. Made it up to the Tribal in the RN Tree there. The learning curve on the shot's takes time; you need to consider your own speed when leading. This is most noticable in the training room when shooting at a stopped target. Aim dead center, shells land a km in front (or behind) it; because you are imparting a v_0 vector in the direction of your own travel. That does not exist here at all.

Likewise the damage is WAY more spikey in Warthunder, go figure, which I am in general a hater of Spike damage; either the shells do 0 damage or sink you in 1 hit. There isn't much in the middle. Now granted this is better balanced in Warthunder as there is no vision mechanic, and that's why the spike damage fails so badly here, and it also is not sudden death; there are respawns in Warthunder. So the spike damage SORT of works. But I'd still rather a game about warships be about movement rather than just who lands the first shell.

Also while the momentum is nice, it does mean it takes about 3 to 4 minutes to get even a Destroyer up to full speed. They stop fast though which is a nice attention to detail.

And I do not like the autofire of the secondaries/AA guns. It gets annoying after awhile to see your 40mm bofors just shooting constantly at an enemy DD that they could literally never damage in a thousand years.

And finally, I kinda agree that Warthunder will never have BB's or CC's; to say nothing of requiring [edited] huge maps (as they have realistic ballistics) the reality is that 1 BB would be more than a match to a fleet of DD's and even crusiers; the secondaries would just chew themup. And likewise given the lack of overpens (they are there, but much harder to cause) would mean most DD's obliterated if a BB shell came even close. Realistic, but likely not fun unless the DD's were AI controlled.

Edited by _RC1138

[LHG]
Members
1,968 posts
5,542 battles
36 minutes ago, PRO_Gaz said:

Checkers ... 

[FTH]
Members
846 posts
12,689 battles
5 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Checkers ... 

Another game I played for years, whenever someone got pissed off about how the game was going (which was about 7 times a day...reliably 4 days a week, sometimes more)...they were told to go play Farmville on FB..it's more cheerful here, lol.

[STAR]
Members
3,177 posts
8,083 battles

I understand OP frustration. IMO this game is a lot less fun since the rework. Im playing less and less.

[5BS]
Members
6,000 posts
Just now, Purg473 said:

Another game I played for years, whenever someone got pissed off about how the game was going (which was about 7 times a day...reliably 4 days a week, sometimes more)...they were told to go play Farmville on FB..it's more cheerful here, lol.

The DD Exiles should go to LoL or DOTA; it will likely be more their cuppa. I'd say TF2 but really I doubt they could handle how well balanced it is.

[FTH]
Members
846 posts
12,689 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

The DD Exiles should go to LoL or DOTA; it will likely be more their cuppa. I'd say TF2 but really I doubt they could handle how well balanced it is.

I keep hearing LoL referenced as being a saltfest of epic proportions...but have never tried it myself.