You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Ironium Rush mission, Stage 2

20 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,213 posts
14,357 battles

...expires tomorrow.  I am only halfway on stage 2, and there is a stage 3.  I almost always finish all the missions.  100k XP in space battles is just too much of a grind.  The lack of a camo multiplier really gimped this stage.  Even a +% first win bonus would have been helpful.

• Cool 5

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,603 posts
19,230 battles

You can mount flags to help.

Fly strike win stage 3 gives enough, coupled with completed space battles tasks, to get 625 .

Enough to buy 1 legendary module. 

[O_O]
Members
6,213 posts
14,357 battles
8 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Enough to buy 1 legendary module. 

That's really all I'm after.  If I can get that without the Ironium Rush mission, I'll still be good.

[EQRN]
Members
1,880 posts
15,709 battles

Took all of 15 games in 3 nights, 7 of which we’re losses to complete the 100k xp stage.  I used the 50% flag, the 100xp/100cdr flag and the 75xp/30% credit flag.

Beta Testers
83 posts
19,564 battles

Doesn't it kind of defeat the process of rewards if you have to spend bunches of other earned awards to earn them? Oh well I just quit playing space battles.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,495 posts
1 minute ago, ripello said:

Doesn't it kind of defeat the process of rewards if you have to spend bunches of other earned awards to earn them? Oh well I just quit playing space battles.

Really an exercise in futility...the mission grind for the modules isn't any worse than the grind for 600 ironium.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
83 posts
19,564 battles

Oh, I agree. I am not complaining, I have just come to the conclusion that this was just a rob Peter to pay Paul mission and is not worth the effort. 

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,658 battles
30 minutes ago, ripello said:

Oh, I agree. I am not complaining, I have just come to the conclusion that this was just a rob Peter to pay Paul mission and is not worth the effort. 

I concluded that from the very start. Didn't go anywhere near it, as the effort required was massively disproportionate to the reward. 250 Ironium per round would have been more like it. 25 was a joke.

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
1,880 posts
15,709 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Really an exercise in futility...the mission grind for the modules isn't any worse than the grind for 600 ironium.

I finished the 600 ironium this morning and bought the Moskva UU.  In no way was it more of a grind than the typical UU set of missions.  Not even close.  Spent 15 sets of 2 draconic flags, the 100xp/100cdr and 75xp/30credit for the 100k xp stage.  And what else was I going to spend the flags on that everyone is apparently hoarding them for?  

[EQRN]
Members
1,880 posts
15,709 battles

I spent less time getting 600 ironium than I would have on any *one* of the 5 UU stages.  Isn’t one of the 5 UU stages 40k *base* xp? And some of you think that would have been easier than a few dozen space battles?  

Members
1,027 posts
6,100 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

...expires tomorrow.  I am only halfway on stage 2, and there is a stage 3.  I almost always finish all the missions.  100k XP in space battles is just too much of a grind.  The lack of a camo multiplier really gimped this stage.  Even a +% first win bonus would have been helpful.

The hardest part I found was the repetition of the game mode, I played the Galaxy and Alldestroyer and used as many signals as I could, took me about 5 hours over 2 days to complete.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,627 posts
10,500 battles

I was hoping WG might see reason and half the amount of experience needed, but nope. They took all the feedback for how grindy and unfun the Exeter marathon was and shoved it into a metaphorical paper shredder.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,684 posts
12,339 battles
3 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

And what else was I going to spend the flags on that everyone is apparently hoarding them for?  

Well, you could have done the math to realize your question has several easy answers:

Any T7, 8, 9, or 10 fitted out with an XP boosting camo and the same flags you mentioned would  have earned:

Better ship XP

Better commander XP

Better Free XP

and for Tiers 7-9, you could have played ships you were grinding to further those grinds

Likewise, you could have been running your 19-point commanders in those ships, to build elite commander XP, or just as well, played the commanders that you would have been targeting for the Elite XP.

That’s why those who did the math debate whether the upgrades or other purchasable rewards are worth the greatly diminished normal rewards you have to forego to participate in space battles.

• Cool 1

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

I'm going to miss it too. It sucks space battles is concurrent with clan battles. That has cut down on the number of space battles I can play. 

Not too concerned I missed out on the ironium; stage 4 will give me enough for a legemdary mod. I'm more bummed I'll miss out on the patch.  

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
373 posts
9,467 battles

The UU also give 50 DCP, 50 SG, 50 SB and 50 DFAA.

These should not be discounted as you grind. Also, so far I have not found the UU's to be a "grind" I like playing a ship that I have been working towards.

I may or may not get 600 ironium.

[A-D-F]
6,503 posts
25 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Well, you could have done the math to realize your question has several easy answers:

Any T7, 8, 9, or 10 fitted out with an XP boosting camo and the same flags you mentioned would  have earned:

Better ship XP

Better commander XP

Better Free XP

and for Tiers 7-9, you could have played ships you were grinding to further those grinds

Likewise, you could have been running your 19-point commanders in those ships, to build elite commander XP, or just as well, played the commanders that you would have been targeting for the Elite XP.

That’s why those who did the math debate whether the upgrades or other purchasable rewards are worth the greatly diminished normal rewards you have to forego to participate in space battles.

You have to run a T10 to grind toward the legendary item with the normal mission. So if your goal is the UU, it is either the space missions or grinding a T10.  Unless you are going to pay to unlock the ship XP (which if you have T10s you have way more unused ship XP than you are ever going to pay to unlock anyway), it really doesn't matter.

The captains in the "space" ships are 19pt captains with which you keep all the elite XP.  I completed the space missions and FSW directives so far and have enough currency for a legendary item of my choice currently.  The elite XP I gained from the space battles while doing it bumped one of my normal captains from 15 to 18.

This week specifically you either respawned in a battle as the attacking side or got huge repair buffs on the defending side.  I am not saying it is a "better" option over grinding a T10 with both flags and camo for everyone, but you could stay in the game a good bit longer over normal battles.

There are a few T10s that I just don't really care to grind but I do want the UU for and I learned that I REALLY like the GK.  So in the end, it worked out ok for me.

[EQRN]
Members
1,880 posts
15,709 battles
7 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Better ship XP

Better commander XP

Better Free XP

What would better ship xp get me? A couple games less to unlock the next ship? Big whoop.

Better commander xp?  Not exactly jumping from 10 to 19 points there either, champ.

Free xp?  For what?  I have so much of it, I bought the Alaska and still had 2 mil left, that’s how important a resource that is.

None of which could replace playing *hundreds* of games grinding one ship for the UU.  I did the math, a few dozen space battles was totally worth it.  Xmas events are grinds, this wasn’t a grind.

[A-D-F]
6,503 posts
12 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

What would better ship xp get me? A couple games less to unlock the next ship? Big whoop.

Better commander xp?  Not exactly jumping from 10 to 19 points there either, champ.

Free xp?  For what?  I have so much of it, I bought the Alaska and still had 2 mil left, that’s how important a resource that is.

None of which could replace playing *hundreds* of games grinding one ship for the UU.  I did the math, a few dozen space battles was totally worth it.  Xmas events are grinds, this wasn’t a grind.

I agree.  I burned a few dragon flags, got my missions done got my UU for a ship I didn't really want to grind anyway and moved on pretty quickly.  It was better than grinding the ship for me and it wasn't that big of a deal.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,684 posts
12,339 battles
10 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I hate to hike a leg on on your little diatribe, “champ”, but I finished my 625 Ironium. grind yesterday. The fact that I can see it and discuss it from an opposite perspective intelligently, quantitatively, and politely is an obvious difference between us , “champ.”

I’ve heard of The Illuminati, but you and Burnsy represent its unavoidable internet counterpart, “The Ignoramati.”

Actually, it makes you worse, because you are no longer ignorant of the tradeoffs, but you scoff at those who articulate them and point them out. You’ve crossed the line from ignorant to stupid. I have to point that out as it is unlikely you would draw that conclusion on your own.

I mean really, a 100,000 XP grind is “a couple games?”  It’s actually 85-95% of a complete grind from T7 to T8, “champ.” With the other phases associated with it, the entire grind to 600 Ironium is more on the magnitude of a complete T8-9 grind. “Champ.”

And in another breath, you say it would take you “hundreds” of games to grind out a UU normally.    

And to be more complete on what participants in Space battles forego, their participation time, beyond the aforementioned, can preclude participation in:

Naval Battles (that’s clan oil lost)

Clan battles (that’s steel lost)

and if your clan is chasing space battles, you can lose out on the above, even if you’re not doing space battles yourself.

In short, “champ”, your response leaves me both unconvinced and unimpressed.

[EQRN]
Members
1,880 posts
15,709 battles
13 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I hate to hike a leg on on your little diatribe, “champ”, but I finished my 625 Ironium. grind yesterday. The fact that I can see it and discuss it from an opposite perspective intelligently, quantitatively, and politely is an obvious difference between us , “champ.”

I’ve heard of The Illuminati, but you and Burnsy represent its unavoidable internet counterpart, “The Ignoramati.”

Actually, it makes you worse, because you are no longer ignorant of the tradeoffs, but you scoff at those who articulate them and point them out. You’ve crossed the line from ignorant to stupid. I have to point that out as it is unlikely you would draw that conclusion on your own.

I mean really, a 100,000 XP grind is “a couple games?”  It’s actually 85-95% of a complete grind from T7 to T8, “champ.” With the other phases associated with it, the entire grind to 600 Ironium is more on the magnitude of a complete T8-9 grind. “Champ.”

And in another breath, you say it would take you “hundreds” of games to grind out a UU normally.    

And to be more complete on what participants in Space battles forego, their participation time, beyond the aforementioned, can preclude participation in:

Naval Battles (that’s clan oil lost)

Clan battles (that’s steel lost)

and if your clan is chasing space battles, you can lose out on the above, even if you’re not doing space battles yourself.

In short, “champ”, your response leaves me both unconvinced and unimpressed.

Uh wow, touch a nerve?  I too could poke this apart for your inability to read (100k xp isn’t doable in a couple of games, the delta of “signals wasted on space battles” is the couple of games saved in a ship grind).  But you’re taking this a bit too personally, so... yeah... have fun out there.

• Cool 1