You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1502_T

Game control over win loss percentage

67 comments in this topic

[P_P]
Members
44 posts

Its pretty obvious that the game is biased, how many battles does it take before the favoritism changes direction? how many battles does it take before a person doesnt get stuck in battles with a team that gets slaughtered regularly? 3 out of 4 on a daily bases is rediculous, I dont pay to win, I enjoy the collection and obviously doubloons are required for premium account, IVE SPENT alot of money here....thousands.....and to see my percentage NEVER change tells me BIASED.....MM is in need of serious repairs, and not just smoke up the [edited]either. Take it the way you will and say what you may, but i mean really....... :cap_cool:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 4

[PIRAT]
Beta Testers
288 posts
5,331 battles

If you start getting losing battles.....quite playing for the day. Take a break and come back in a day or two.

If I get 2-3 loses in a row I stop, cause for me that is an indicator I am going on a losing spree.

• Cool 1

Members
5,111 posts
9,453 battles

It is not and there are ways to raise the WR that you can do - LWM has a thread on it somewhere.  My WR went up when I played a lot better - I used to be a 40% WR.  I am flattening out but that is solely up to me - I don't make the right decisions at the right time to increase my WR.  A guy I work with had a 45% WR as a solo player - he now is a 55-56% WR player - solo (no Div or clan) so it absolutely can be done.  And if MM was forcing it - how does it decide who is unicum?  Easy - it doesn't and it is as simple as that.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,609 battles

TIN FOIL HATS FOR SALE!!!

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,715 battles

Doesn’t pay to win but spent a lot of money and expects to win... HMMMMM :cap_yes:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,394 posts
10,723 battles
5 minutes ago, worldeaters said:

If you start getting losing battles.....quite playing for the day. Take a break and come back in a day or two.

If I get 2-3 loses in a row I stop, cause for me that is an indicator I am going on a losing spree.

This works if your really concerned about your win rate I guess . But what if you have limited time to play or you really want to play you cant quit for 2 days every time you lose 3 games . What if its Saturday night you have a 6 pack and 4 hours to play Sunday is family day your going to quit because you lost the first 3 games that doesn't work too good . 

[YORHA]
Members
4,796 posts
9,431 battles
11 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

It is not and there are ways to raise the WR that you can do - LWM has a thread on it somewhere.  My WR went up when I played a lot better - I used to be a 40% WR.  I am flattening out but that is solely up to me - I don't make the right decisions at the right time to increase my WR.  A guy I work with had a 45% WR as a solo player - he now is a 55-56% WR player - solo (no Div or clan) so it absolutely can be done.  And if MM was forcing it - how does it decide who is unicum?  Easy - it doesn't and it is as simple as that.

[VFW]
Members
1,366 posts
27,762 battles
12 minutes ago, 1502_T said:

... I dont pay to win, I enjoy the collection and obviously doubloons are required for premium account, IVE SPENT alot of money here....thousands.....and to see my percentage NEVER change tells me BIASED.....

So in one sentence you contradict yourself. 

Now on another note.   You'll never get better if you don't look and study the areas that you're weak and work to improve those areas.  You seem to be an aggressive player (good), but your accuracy really needs to be improved...a lot.  This one area is very important since you prefer to play BBs and CA/CLs.  Improving your aim (and hitting the correct spots on a ship/ammo selection) should be your first goal.

Good Luck,

[BANG_]
Members
10 posts
3,557 battles

Took my Wooster out last night for my first naval battle. I was rocking and rolling. I took a cap, Sank a destroyer while taking very little damage. Defended the cap twice and started moving to cap B. Got overwhelmed so I swung around an island and took down a battleship. I was working on my third ship getting wrecked. Time ran out and the Red's won on points. I had both the dreadnought and the devastating strike. 100k+ damage too. Only received 895 XP. The numbers for totally screwed up. The next game I took a Tier V Soviet cruiser out. Didn't sink anyone and had significantly less damage. No caps either. Walked away with almost 1,100 XP 🤔

Edited by joshuarewerts

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,952 battles

You clearly did not pay properly. First you need to spend 10-15 bucks on doubloons, then follow up with a T6 Premium, followed by a bundle of your choice. Most important step is then to take a 68 day old goat and sacrifice it during a storm on a mountain while summoning the four apocalyptic horsemen. After that, get yourself a coffee and relax before entering a match. The results are baffling.

Or, you just do the coffee and relaxing part. That also works.

• Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,592 battles

I looked you up, and here are the things, which you can control, that stand out: The tiers you play and the damage you deal. Your WR at T4 and 5 is good, your damage is is not. So, I suggest dropping back down to T4 and 5, even T3, and playing nothing but those tiers for the next month. Pick ships you feel you do well with, and play just those ships. Learn them, learn what you can and can't do with them.

Most importantly, stop claiming bias, and instead own your own lack of performance. It's the only way you will ever learn the game and its nuances.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,374 posts
10,918 battles
1 hour ago, 1502_T said:

Its pretty obvious that the game is biased, how many battles does it take before the favoritism changes direction? how many battles does it take before a person doesnt get stuck in battles with a team that gets slaughtered regularly? 3 out of 4 on a daily bases is rediculous, I dont pay to win, I enjoy the collection and obviously doubloons are required for premium account, IVE SPENT alot of money here....thousands.....and to see my percentage NEVER change tells me BIASED.....MM is in need of serious repairs, and not just smoke up the [edited]either. Take it the way you will and say what you may, but i mean really....... :cap_cool:

tin-foil-hat_800x.jpg?v=1542393503

just another player blaming anything but themselves, nothing to see here folks
FYI OP, you dont get special treatment because you paid money for stuff, thats not how this works, and if you think it is, youre delusional 

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[USMC_]
Members
1,660 posts
1 hour ago, 1502_T said:

Maybe it isn't bias.  Maybe you just pull down any team you're a part of?

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[TOG]
Members
4,079 posts
22,187 battles
10 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Maybe it isn't bias.  Maybe you just pull down any team you're a part of?

Now, you'll make him mad.

• Funny 2

[USMC_]
Members
1,660 posts
12 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Now, you'll make him mad.

:Smile_facepalm:

Perhaps, but that is the first question I ask myself when I go on a losing streak.  Was it me?  Did I pull them down?  What could I have done differently?

I have issues with MM, but winning and losing streaks are not amongst them (and by extentsion I don't think MM needs 'skill based' queuing).

Members
269 posts
4,128 battles

Only constant, etc, etc. Besides, why do you feel entitled to a higher winrate?
Why would you write all this out in bold?

[TOG]
Members
4,079 posts
22,187 battles
4 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

:Smile_facepalm:

Perhaps, but that is the first question I ask myself when I go on a losing streak.  Was it me?  Did I pull them down?  What could I have done differently?

I have issues with MM, but winning and losing streaks are not amongst them (and by extentsion I don't think MM needs 'skill based' queuing).

That's the normal reaction if you point out it's him that maybe the issue not the system. Critical thinking is not taught or practiced anymore.

• Meh 1

Members
3,565 posts
21,380 battles

Sadly OP the issue is you. You've played almost 1,750 random matches (75% as a BB) and are already in tier 10 with low average damage in each tier and a low survival rate for a heavy BB main.

You have not mastered the game mechanics and need to go back down to some of the lower tiers (4-6) and work on getting consistent damage each game and then start moving back up through the tiers. Mistakes in the higher tiers are punished very quickly and you are probably losing lots of credits in the process.

Do yourself a favor and go back and work on your game. I was horrible at this game until I realized I needed to learn more about the ships, maps, etc. This lead me to alter my play style a bit and I became better at the game instead of an easy kill.

• Cool 3

[PHASE]
Members
6,256 posts
19,790 battles
2 hours ago, 1502_T said:

Don't let any of these self righteous MM saints fool you. Until they can tell you exactly how MM works, their opinion is just as good as yours.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
5,111 posts
9,453 battles
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Don't let any of these self righteous MM saints fool you. Until they can tell you exactly how MM works, their opinion is just as good as yours.

Actually looking at data - it is pretty easy to tell MM does not determine who wins.  Do you really think MM decided Notser, Flamu, iChase etc... should be unicums?  Since "MM decides who wins and loses" means it decides who is unicum.  Why would MM decide one persons WR goes higher than 52% when they had been a 45% WR player?  Hint - nothing to do with MM deciding...

Edited by CylonRed

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,583 posts
17,283 battles
3 hours ago, 1502_T said:

.....I dont pay to win.....and to see my percentage NEVER change tells me BIASED....

If you don't  play to win, then that, in general, will cause your WR to be less than a WR of someone who plays to win.  Sometimes, doing what it takes to win is not as much "fun" as doing something else.  Choosing the latter over the former will result in a loss for what is otherwise a win.  I don't see anything wrong with players who prioritize fun over winning, per se.  Just recognize that if that is one's priority, their WR will suffer.

As for your percentage never changing....your last six games....that's a pretty big jump!!!!!

wwww.jpg.99457b233481a8318265cbae08b698bb.jpg

If your expectation is for six games to make a significant change on a 2500 game sample, that will not happen.  At 2500 games, a win or loss has less than a 0.1% change in a win rate.

Take me...I'm at over 10000 games.  Each of my games impact my WR by 0.01%.  I could win 100 straight games and my WR will change a mere one percentage point.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[PHASE]
Members
6,256 posts
19,790 battles
12 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Actually looking at data - it is pretty easy to tell MM does not determine who wins.  Do you really think MM decided Notser, Flamu, iChase etc... should be unicums?  Since "MM decides who wins and loses" means it decides who is unicum.  Why would MM decide one persons WR goes higher than 52% when they had been a 45% WR player?  Hint - nothing to do with MM deciding...

lols..another who simply assumes. MM is not one player. MM is what makes up teams of 24 players.

As for one player, I was 45% after 3000 games, got up to about 53% after 12000 games, now I am lucky to sniff 48% lately...Am I simply getting worse? Have I forgot how to play?

Until you can tell me how MM works, the formula it uses. Your opinion is just as valid as mine.