You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ObnoxiousPotato

When will Slingshot Drop Exploit be fixed?

410 comments in this topic

Members
460 posts
20,884 battles

The 'Yuro' youtube channel has a new video entitled: "How to Slingshot Drop".  Am hoping WG didn't know about this and will have a plan to address the issue (instead of the "working as intended" line).

Suggest all you aspiring CV commanders start using it ASAP so that you can get your "max damage number".

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 11

[_RNG_]
Members
119 posts
5,851 battles

Watched this already and the anti-CV crowd is gonna be calling for a fix immediately, just you wait.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
16 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

Everyone good at new CVs has been doing this for a while now so I can’t imagine they don’t know about it.

Except that there are so few people good at this game, it once again means a tiny percentage of players will outperform in them, while the rest fail miserably....:Smile_sceptic:

• Boring 2

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,715 battles

In what way is this a bug..? I have been doing this for a while and in many cases it is the only way to not lose all of my planes...

• Cool 6
  • Meh 6

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,444 posts
5,943 battles
1 minute ago, JustAdapt said:

In what way is this a bug..? I have been doing this for a while and in many cases it is the only way to not lose all of my planes...

ROFLMAO

• Cool 1

Members
460 posts
20,884 battles
16 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

Everyone good at new CVs has been doing this for a while now so I can’t imagine they don’t know about it.

Wow...  and there are some who think being able to attack with no consequences is a "good thing"?

@Radar_X   Any idea if WG developers are aware of this?  If so, is there at least some sort of plan in place to address this?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 4

[R-F2]
Members
352 posts
8,999 battles
Just now, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Wow...  and there are some who think being able to attack with no consequences is a "good thing"?

@Radar_X   Any idea if WG developers are aware of this?  If so, is there at least some sort of plan in place to address this?

There aren’t no consequences- you still still take AA damage while you’re dropping as well as after you drop on them. I mean torp bombers also fly under flak and take no flak damage during their attack phase (except for Haks terrible 4 drop) - I use that all the time to fly planes out of heavy flak with no intention of actually attacking. That’s definitely not a bug - they intended for torp planes to be immune to flak on their attack run.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 3

[GGWP]
Supertester, Volunteer Moderator
412 posts
4,965 battles

Im going to have to seriously test this, on all of my cvs and in every game.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,035 posts
7,286 battles

Did you see just how fast those planes are going after the drop?  The minimap icon couldn't even keep up.  LOL!

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,047 posts
6,212 battles
3 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

There aren’t no consequences- you still still take AA damage while you’re dropping as well as after you drop on them. I mean torp bombers also fly under flak and take no flak damage during their attack phase (except for Haks terrible 4 drop) - I use that all the time to fly planes out of heavy flak with no intention of actually attacking. That’s definitely not a bug - they intended for torp planes to be immune to flak on their attack run.

The difference is that torp bombers flying under flak still take the continuous damage whereas in the method  mentioned you can be immune to it for a relatively long distance.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

Members
460 posts
20,884 battles
2 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

Allowing all planes to survive an attack run on an AA-heavy cruiser does NOT sound like the consequences are very high.

• Cool 2

Members
6,281 posts
19,827 battles

Month three of the CV's changes almost in the books and we are as close to having the kinks worked out as we were on day one. 

• Cool 2

[R-F2]
Members
352 posts
8,999 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The difference is that torp bombers flying under flak still take the continuous damage whereas in the method  mentioned you can be immune to it for a relatively long distance.

True, but you're also dumping ordnance into the water instead of into a ship. So you're trading the ability to do more damage for the ability to get through to do some damage.

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,444 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

Month three of the CV's changes almost in the books and we are as close to having the kinks worked out as we were on day one. 

Those kinks sell lots and lots and lots of premiums.  

• Cool 1

[R-F2]
Members
352 posts
8,999 battles
1 minute ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Allowing all planes to survive an attack run on an AA-heavy cruiser does NOT sound like the consequences are very high.

Only if it's alone - also Des Moines doesn't have great AA any more. Really Minotaur and Worcester are the only cruisers with no fly AA. Also you lose a drop just getting there, and if you want to try to turn around to attack it takes ages to fly out to slingshot distance then do it again. I dunno, it's tradeoffs 

• Cool 1

Members
460 posts
20,884 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

Roger that!  This is the reason it is NEVER a good idea to test "major software re-works" in a "production environment".  All you will end up doing is P-O'ing a whole bunch of customers (some of which may not come back).

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
806 posts
7,007 battles

So we've had the Flying Shimakaze, the Enlightened Drop, and now the Slingshot/Catapult Drop. Are there any more CV exploits waiting for an iChase/Yuro reveal that we should be made aware of? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,444 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

Only if it's alone - also Des Moines doesn't have great AA any more. Really Minotaur and Worcester are the only cruisers with no fly AA. Also you lose a drop just getting there, and if you want to try to turn around to attack it takes ages to fly out to slingshot distance then do it again. I dunno, it's tradeoffs 

What that's called is gaming the system.  The system was designed to make striking costly.  So CV players maximize their reward and minimize their penalty.

Guess what the targets get to do?  Wiggle.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts
3 minutes ago, tenfingerstentoes said:

Spoken like a CV player who wants his easy mode button....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 5
  • Meh 2