You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Hi - I’m a BB main, and I, for one, love our new CV overlords.

69 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

It’s true. I think the CV rework and the significantly stepped up presence of CVs in the game has improved it.

I haven’t played CV in years and even then was probably 2-3 games to figure out I didn’t like it.  But having CVs in the game has improved the gameplay experience for the rest of us.

Why?  Because camping has been reduced by 70%. I see much more in terms of people out maneuvering around, like Warships, and much less people island jumping like they are some kind of land based turret.

its awesome.  So bring on the CVs!  My AA sis ready!

• Cool 29
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 16

[TARK]
Members
5,273 posts
2,153 battles
50 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

It’s true. I think the CV rework and the significantly stepped up presence of CVs in the game has improved it.

I haven’t played CV in years and even then was probably 2-3 games to figure out I didn’t like it.  But having CVs in the game has improved the gameplay experience for the rest of us.

Why?  Because camping has been reduced by 70%. I see much more in terms of people out maneuvering around, like Warships, and much less people island jumping like they are some kind of land based turret.

Yes, this.

Though, as a fellow BB main, our AA needs a nerf. Most times I just ignore planes completely. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 4

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Why am I not surprised that BB mains support anything that causes DDs to logout.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 3

[WOLFG]
Members
27,162 posts
7,261 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Why am I not surprised that BB mains support anything that causes DDs to logout.

Because you know that they feel the same about DDs as DD mains feel about CVs.....

• Cool 8

[LTPTG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Yup, good to know DDs have a good counter now. Pretty annoying when all the cruisers just HE spams BB instead of doing their jobs.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

well if cruisers could force DDs to be visible to shoot at, maybe they would shoot at DDs more often.

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
2,451 posts
5,943 battles

All that juicy spotting of all those juicy broadsides dodging gnats can't hurt either.  AMIRITE? 

[AAA]
Members
1,728 posts
12,715 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

I still find this DD mentality of the “sky is falling” amusing, as a CV, I still see 6-8 DDs in every game. The DD population is still alive and well...

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

I'm not a DD main, I'm a cruiser main, so try again.  I certainly notice far fewer DDs in game than before.

Members
6,284 posts
19,827 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Not really sure where you are coming from, but the there is more camping now than there was before. Then get a double CV game and it's worse. Of course a BB player would be happy with more spotting, good AA and limited damage from planes...Seems really difficult to play a ship like that...……………………...

Members
80 posts
2,843 battles

Camping behind islands has been reduced, because people don't even push up that far. They barely leave the spawn in 2 CV matches. The few DDs actually playing are constantly running back to the AA bob....I don't play DDs, but I sure as heck like having them on my team able to fill thier role. 

• Cool 2

Members
99 posts
35 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

There is few things as thrilling as watching AI AA shoot at planes, except maybe watching AI secondaries shoot at ships.

Of course, there is also the skill of switching AA focus from one side to the other.

Nonsense. Watching paint dry and grass grow are much more exciting than AA mechanics. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I too claim to be a BB main while hiding my stats....:Smile_trollface:

Lol I hide my stats to screw up MM monitor.  My top 10 ships are a who’s who of brawling battleship designs.

• Cool 1

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

well if cruisers could force DDs to be visible to shoot at, maybe they would shoot at DDs more often.

Oh man. That would be useful for sure. Any ideas what to call it?

[SBS]
Members
5,237 posts
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Because you know that they feel the same about DDs as DD mains feel about CVs.....

I seriously doubt that.  I'd bet there are a fairly small number of BB players that hate playing against DDs.  Most of those players are either seriously biased against stealth and/or bad at the game.  I'd guess the experienced BB players aren't too fussed about DDs.  I like the threads where BB players mention they only take torp hits every few games, and only when they made a mistake they should have avoided.

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
16 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Oh man. That would be useful for sure. Any ideas what to call it?

Not all cruisers have radar.  How do these "unequipped" ships "do their job" killing DDs without a DD to spot for them.

DDs are the workhorses of the game.  They make or break your team.  CVs chasing them out of the game makes it worse for everyone.

• Cool 4

[SKI]
Members
20 posts
6,915 battles
11 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I seriously doubt that.  I'd bet there are a fairly small number of BB players that hate playing against DDs.  Most of those players are either seriously biased against stealth and/or bad at the game.  I'd guess the experienced BB players aren't too fussed about DDs.  I like the threads where BB players mention they only take torp hits every few games, and only when they made a mistake they should have avoided.

Exactly. More than 90% of the time a DD bags me is due to me not paying enough attention.

If there's any issues about DD camping the BB player needs to look at their own play habits instead pointing fingers elsewhere.

Heck, I prefer them to camp...then there's less worry about getting stealthed out in the open.

Edited by DD557_Aquaria
  • Cool 1

Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
9 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Not all cruisers have radar.  How do these "unequipped" ships "do their job" killing DDs without a DD to spot for them.

DDs are the workhorses of the game.  They make or break your team.  CVs chasing them out of the game makes it worse for everyone.

I agree with that. Forgive me I thought you were being coy with your previous statement and suggesting instituting a feature (radar) that already exists. 

Members
117 posts
6,918 battles

When I am a BB and 1 or 2 CVs decide to focus on me the whole match it drives me absolutely nuts.  I hate them, you can't stop them or hurt them back.

I am willing to accept that for how much it has stopped camping.

When they are on you its annoying, there is no way to sugarcoat it.  I am pro-CV and I want them out of the game when they pick a single target.  But life sucks and this is PVP and they beat me.  No different than when a Cruiser sails broadside for 30 seconds and I delete them from 20+km with the first volley of the game.

Sometimes you are the bug, sometimes you are the windshield.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, Pytheas said:

I agree with that. Forgive me I thought you were being coy with your previous statement and suggesting instituting a feature (radar) that already exists. 

Nope.  I play mostly 5-7 cruisers, and there are only a handful down there with radar.  Lately, the ship I am reaching for the most is Boise, which has no radar.  A 30 knot cruiser with 11km detection has no way to kill that 35 knot DD with 6km detection unless the DD makes serious mistakes...or has a friendly DD to help hunt.

I also rely on those DDs to spot other targets for me when I am not open water shooting, and also to detect battleship threats that I need to react to.  As a cruiser player I /need/ those friendly DDs to find threats and targets.  I don't need CVs.  Period.  I /really/ do not need CVs driving DDs that I rely on out of the game.  They don't cap, and they don't spot reliably.  They'll keep someone lit up just long enough to dump their ammo, then the spotting is gone.

CVs are detrimental to the game on many different levels, but driving away DDs is the most important.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
8 minutes ago, Caine said:

When I am a BB and 1 or 2 CVs decide to focus on me the whole match it drives me absolutely nuts.  I hate them, you can't stop them or hurt them back.

I am willing to accept that for how much it has stopped camping.

When they are on you its annoying, there is no way to sugarcoat it.  I am pro-CV and I want them out of the game when they pick a single target.  But life sucks and this is PVP and they beat me.  No different than when a Cruiser sails broadside for 30 seconds and I delete them from 20+km with the first volley of the game.

Sometimes you are the bug, sometimes you are the windshield.

I haven't noticed less camping at all, tbh.  I think that's CV main propaganda.

• Cool 2