You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Anyone else think Ranger might be best CV?

10 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts

I have every CV but t10 British, I have enough XP but have not bought the Hack. And my Sipan games are getting better and better, I shiukd have the second CV emblem soon.

That said Ranger has become a guilty pleaser. They planes are incredibly maneuverable. The torps do solid damage, db work very well against everything and you never lose money.

My highest damahe game was 180k in a Ranger!

What was or is everyone Experance with Ranger?

[WOLF6]
Members
84 posts
6,651 battles

I’m starting to get back into playing CV,s. I’ve only played a few games but have a 69% win ratio with the Ranger. I just can’t seem to get the torping right though. I need to do more CO-OP games for the practice but contrary to what others say I am having fun with it. I need to find more YouTube videos on them. A lot of the tips I get watching how other CV’s play in game especially after I get sunk. 

[WORX]
Members
9,573 posts
17,554 battles
35 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

My highest damahe game was 180k in a Ranger!

If this was patch 0.8.0, your DMG would be *Drum roll Please*

ooh cool 306k DMG... Not bad at all.

Bless all my CV drivers.. I rather have a root canal lol

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
9 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

If this was patch 0.8.0, your DMG would be *Drum roll Please*

ooh cool 306k DMG... Not bad at all.

Bless all my CV drivers.. I rather have a root canal lol

I have had one of thoughts and NO thanks!

That's not even close to my normal damage but it has taken a long time to get to that point.  Personally the CV rework has been amazing.  So much better than RTS

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
9 hours ago, pepperct said:

I’m starting to get back into playing CV,s. I’ve only played a few games but have a 69% win ratio with the Ranger. I just can’t seem to get the torping right though. I need to do more CO-OP games for the practice but contrary to what others say I am having fun with it. I need to find more YouTube videos on them. A lot of the tips I get watching how other CV’s play in game especially after I get sunk. 

If its a fast ship you have to give it good lead.  After the drop you can almost turn immediate, hit the breaks turn sharply towards the bow of there ship and hit them again. 

Another thing you can do is drop behind them, you have to over take there ship drop so it keeps them going striate.  Turn hit the gas or breaks and free torping. Its like the cross droping days of old!

I would avoid CO-OP its very hard to win there. 

[WORX]
Members
9,573 posts
17,554 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I have had one of thoughts and NO thanks!

That's not even close to my normal damage but it has taken a long time to get to that point.  Personally the CV rework has been amazing.  So much better than RTS

Patch 0.8.0 is not RTS CVs...

Patch 0.8.0 is the CV rework without all the DMG nerfs.

CV imo is an acquired game play. Nice to see people playing it.

[SOV]
Members
4,392 posts
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Patch 0.8.0 is not RTS CVs...

Patch 0.8.0 is the CV rework without all the DMG nerfs.

CV imo is an acquired game play. Nice to see people playing it.

I remember the first week it dropped. First day was, what did they do, rant and rant.  Then It started to be fun.  Next week hell, then back to why is there stealth fire.  Now its, I can work with this.

I actually have a hard time playing any other ship type now.  The only real complaint I have, outside of Midway torps being weaker than Marblehead torps.  Is the planes on the decks of the CV.  There is no Stuka, no SBD, Helldivers on Lex dropping torps, Midway/Sipan without Skyraders.  May seem nit picky but its part of the reason I play the game to begin with.

The other thing that is great are the maps.  There is a lot of details on the islands that I never saw before.

Thanks for not being a hater! :)

[WOLF6]
Members
84 posts
6,651 battles
On 4/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, jags_domain said:

If its a fast ship you have to give it good lead.  After the drop you can almost turn immediate, hit the breaks turn sharply towards the bow of there ship and hit them again. 

Another thing you can do is drop behind them, you have to over take there ship drop so it keeps them going striate.  Turn hit the gas or breaks and free torping. Its like the cross droping days of old!

I would avoid CO-OP its very hard to win there. 

I practiced in CO-OP just to get the lead straightened out and for some reason it is hard to win. Those bot ships know where to find you when it’s down to a couple ships left. 

With only two torps I wish they did a little more damage. But I guess that’s right in line with tier 6. 

Beta Testers
102 posts
4,159 battles

Tier 6 I feel is where the CVs are most balanced. 

For the Ranger (as with all USN CVs) torpedo acceleration is a must. All your squads can put out decent damage with their moderate health pool. Specing for speed and Survivability allows you to hit those T8s easier. I have had T8 games where I can carry with my Ranger. Prioritizing important targets helped me pull Victory from the Jaws of defeat. It is a capable CV.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,895 posts
8,370 battles

Ranger is the most versatile in any of the tier 6 ops especially for Newport.