Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Chiv

My first T8 CV game, and im a cruiser main.

3 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

So little bit of exposition here. I have been and always will be a cruiser main. In alpha, my first t10 was Des Moines. In beta it was, you guessed it, the Des Moines. Come launch I decided I was going to expand a bit and play multiple classes. Mostly Battleships and cruisers. I also was not playing as much as I was running an HS team for an esport team and well that paid this doesn't. I've never had much love for cv's. In fact when my friends played a cv in div with me my normal response is "THAT SAIPAN BEST BE FIGHTER HEAVY." which it was. I tried them out a bit and while t4 and 5 was kinda fun, once I hit 6 I was so out of my league. The best analogy I could give is, trying to fly a helicopter when you barely know how to ride a bicycle.  It was not fun and rather obvious I was hurting my team.

So I never took my ijn t5 to t6 and my ranger just sat there collecting dust and snowflakes.

With the rework I was interested in how it was gonna play, but after testing it in the pts and seeing the AA was just underwhelming I was instantly concerned. Luckily WG addressed this somewhat, not completely, but somewhat. I planned to try cv again once I got my Alaska and then came the British Cv launch and I was able to get to the furious. Sorry was sick for like 4 days straight and gaming was not happening so I missed out on the Implacable. 

Playing the furious I learned to pretty hard lessons when it came to CV's

• If tiered you are mostly boned.
  • Scouting more attacking less till cruisers are dealt with.
  • Spamming f3 on anything usn
  • learning how far to lead 35kt toprs for bbs, Cruisers and dd's though this is much harder.
  • How to use the level bombing to get 6k damage and increase chance of fires.
  • Where to aim rockets on bbs, dds, and CA's
  • How to use fighters to protect my team. 
  • Always attack a ship that is under fire, more likely to stick a flood or fire.

It was a fun experience and in the furious, I hit 93k as a high. Which makes this result insane to me. 

bf5b0506a26affb8194df5907f066f86.png

I was kinda shocked by this and was in such a zone I didn't even notice the damage till the end. 

So yeah Cv's are kinda fun, But I got lucky and I was top tier. If I had been bottom tier I would have cried.

[KAPPA]
Members
2,840 posts
7,610 battles

Honestly, I'd call T6 harder than T8 in ways. While, yes, you have to see T10, you can also slot the +2 base planes and faster regen mod. It's lovely. The rework basically made a CV main out of me. Something like 100 games post-rework, and I'm up to Shokaku and Lexington.

Lexington now has my highest damage ever as of last night. 169k damage.  Damage rarely is my goal, so it's not often I see numbers like that, but the stars really aligned in that game.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

And my next game is a t10 and I get 10% thats....pretty crap tbh

Sign in to follow this