You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlackLancer2014na

Prevent Accidental Early Usage of Consumables

10 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
1,333 battles

Hello Devs,

May I suggest a new player game option to disable consumables activation for the first 2 minutes of a game? This will help mitigate the accidental usage of important consumables like radar and smoke in the first minutes of a game where there is little or no point of using them. Thanks!

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
9,770 posts
16,559 battles
7 minutes ago, BlackLancer2014na said:

Hello Devs,

May I suggest a new player game option to disable consumables activation for the first 2 minutes of a game? This will help mitigate the accidental usage of important consumables like radar and smoke in the first minutes of a game where there is little or no point of using them. Thanks!

You could just make them a double click to activate them. WG could add it to the settings menu to select or deselect the double click option. Wait until they start changing the letters on you, they should fix that too.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Alpha Tester
1,243 posts
4,969 battles
6 minutes ago, BlackLancer2014na said:

Hello Devs,

I support this decision. Let's take it a step further though and make all consumables automatic. While we're at it let's make steering automatic as well so we no longer have ships ramming each other, islands or sailing into torpedoes. Let's make torpedoes automatic as well to prevent friendly fire and all main batteries automatic so players can always get the best calculated shot.

Members
3,351 posts
12,041 battles
8 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You could just make them a double click to activate them. WG could add it to the settings menu to select or deselect the double click option. Wait until they start changing the letters on you, they should fix that too.

If anything, this. And it better be an option I can turn off. But idk why this is even necessary in the first place. You do it once, oops. Dont do it again, if you do, well oops. 

[TBW]
Members
9,770 posts
16,559 battles
1 minute ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

If anything, this. And it better be an option I can turn off. But idk why this is even necessary in the first place. You do it once, oops. Dont do it again, if you do, well oops. 

The only reason I said double click is that my fat fingers some times hit more than one key. Double clicking may be more annoying than hitting 2 keys every once in a while, I would have to try it and see.

[EQRN]
Members
1,880 posts
15,709 battles

Slightly off-topic...  Since radar and hydro is now broadcast to the team, I’m stunned by how many people fire off hydro within a minute or two of the match starting.  Before any hypothetical enemy DD even has torps loaded and way before those torps could get within hydro range.   Not for a second do I think these are accidental either :cap_fainting:

[SYN]
Members
3,676 posts
21,136 battles

Sorry OP but you can't legislate stupidity

[WOLF6]
Members
396 posts
3,276 battles
18 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Slightly off-topic...  Since radar and hydro is now broadcast to the team, I’m stunned by how many people fire off hydro within a minute or two of the match starting.  Before any hypothetical enemy DD even has torps loaded and way before those torps could get within hydro range.   Not for a second do I think these are accidental either :cap_fainting:

Probably the same people we've always seen launching their spotter plane at the start of the match.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

I support the concept of a dbl tap toggle for consumables. Lord knows since I play in the dark only lit by rgb strobes I have been known to 420 or waste a radar.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
785 posts
6,037 battles

WG should do a study of the age groups most likely to experience premature consumable use. Is it the teenage player with little ability to control the impulse or is it older players who are past their prime?