You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Lex T10 Solo Warrior!!!

5 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,577 posts
17,268 battles

As with any solo warrior timeout win,  kudos often go to the team or a team member.  The Alaska captain played a masterful game at the B cap to make it possible.  As for the solo warrior (survive against four....this one was actually survival against FIVE!!!).  Other thing about this win was the "team" had a somewhat easy win at one point, that got frittered away to what looked like a loss, but a win in the end.  

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles

Let's take a look at 2:21 during the attack run (flak during attack run)

7:29 for undodgeable flak wall

9:08 for another undodgeable flak wall on torpedo bombers doing an attack run

Does flak still need buffs? The attack runs that were succesful were mostly on targets with weakened AA.
--------

Gz on the solo warrior, even if most of the time this achievment is purely based on what the rest of the team did (captured) to be possible.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,071 posts
17,912 battles
23 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

7:29 for undodgeable flak wall

Does flak still need buffs? The attack runs that were succesful were mostly on targets with weakened AA.
--------

Gz on the solo warrior, even if most of the time this achievment is purely based on what the rest of the team did (captured) to be possible.

FWIW, the 2:21 one was dodgeable, he could have animation jumped it. The ones that hit during the actual animation though, like 2:30, are more of a problem (technically you can throttle juke them, but that messes with your drop range).

7:29, I assume flak spawns like that have to do with being just at the edge of the LRAA/MRAA bubble at exactly the wrong time. I think it would have been avoidable had the OP not been taking a straight line approach to the Iowa at that point, but a CV super expert could probably comment better on that one.

9:08 is that annoying timing when a flak burst hits just before your bombers go under the deck. Technically avoidable had boost been available, but them's the breaks for burning boost and consumable earlier.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,577 posts
17,268 battles
1 hour ago, ALROCHA said:

One other aspect that many non CV players are not aware of is the BUMP the targeting reticle takes when you get smacked on an attack run.  My bombs were on target as I pressed release on the drop, but the reticle jumped at the same time, resulting in a miss.

At 908, note the use of the TBD heal during the attack run.  I probably didn't need it for the first drop, but I wanted to help ensure I would have something left if I had to swing around and drop another.