You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Commadore_Crunch

Few play the attacking side on Space battles correctly

6 comments in this topic

[WARGS]
Members
58 posts
7,730 battles

I have had victories on almost every defending side in this current map, but cant seem to get wins on the attacking team.

The constant losses on the attacking side' that I am seeing comes down to not understanding one simple tactic, IGNORE THE GENERATORS!

Sink the red ships first over all other considerations, THEY DO NOT RESPAWN! but why is this ignored? If there are no defending ships the

generators are easy pickings. But  players cannot comprehend  such simple basic logic ! Dead ships cannot sink you!

But instead loss after loss happens because the attacking team sits like a  rubber ducky out in open water shooting the generators while the 

defending team simply focus fire on those ships.

Think about this at start of match the attacking team comes in on a mass of ships, but as they get whittled down, they take time to respond and then they come back in singles

which  are now easy pickings, The advantage is now lost and the match is a loss without any recovery.

• Boring 1

Members
5,144 posts

Pretty much.  If people don't start firing on the generators soon, it's time to see if you can laugh when the big numbers float up from the target after you citadel it; i.e. farm some damage.

Had good luck yesterday on winning, but, today, was #2 or #3, a loss both times.  

Edited by mavfin87

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles

The worst part is cruisers taking shots at BBs too early.  The defenders' heal is way faster than the chip damage they do. It exposes the cruiser, who gets focused, then goes and hides.  The best strategy would be to get all ships to wait for the other flank to join them, then push as a group and focus fire.  But that's basically impossible to accomplish in a random game. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,624 posts
19,327 battles
16 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

I have had victories on almost every defending side in this current map, but cant seem to get wins on the attacking team.

The constant losses on the attacking side' that I am seeing comes down to not understanding one simple tactic, IGNORE THE GENERATORS!

Sink the red ships first over all other considerations, THEY DO NOT RESPAWN! but why is this ignored? If there are no defending ships the

generators are easy pickings. But  players cannot comprehend  such simple basic logic ! Dead ships cannot sink you!

But instead loss after loss happens because the attacking team sits like a  rubber ducky out in open water shooting the generators while the 

defending team simply focus fire on those ships.

Think about this at start of match the attacking team comes in on a mass of ships, but as they get whittled down, they take time to respond and then they come back in singles

which  are now easy pickings, The advantage is now lost and the match is a loss without any recovery.

My very first space battle.

Blue Aster.

Set up by A to defend.

Sunk 6 ships. Last alive.

Even 5 ships focused me at end and couldn't kill me due to 3 generators dead and all other ships....

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,698 battles
53 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

It depends, blanket stating just ignore the generators every time, just because there is a ship to shoot at is not good advice.  Sometimes that regen is no joke and it's hard as hell to finish off a ship and honestly, the small generators don't take much effort to kill and you gain time.  If you ignore the generators too long, all it takes is one enemy ship running at the very end and you have no hope of destroying generators in time to snag the win.