Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hanger_18

credit sink ship.

21 comments in this topic

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles

I know there's at least a part of the population stacking up credits, but i wanted to ask before moving this to feedback.

How would you feel about a premium ship that cost purely credits? As an effort to help those with a massive amount of credits, spend them on something? The ship doesnt even need to make extra credits itself.

a full ship line cost about 520M credits (plus mods and stuff which i didnt add).

free exp ships cost 1M free exp, with the cost of a line being about 900K. assuming about the same increase. it would but the ship roughly around 550- 600M credits.

alternatively (this option makes more sense to me), you could see it as the cost of 5x a t10, which would price it at about 100M credits. 

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
2 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

I know there's at least a part of the population stacking up credits, but i wanted to ask before moving this to feedback.

How would you feel about a premium ship that cost purely credits? As an effort to help those with a massive amount of credits, spend them on something? The ship doesnt even need to make extra credits itself.

a full ship line cost about 520M credits (plus mods and stuff which i didnt add). free exp ships cost 1M free exp, with the cost of a line being about 900K. assuming about the same increase. it would but the ship roughly around 550- 600M credits.

I would not have a problem with it, even tho I have a problem keeping credits. I don't sell ships, so as I go up in tier, I need more and more credits. Eventually I would be able to get the credits to buy the ship.

[SYN]
Members
15,685 posts
12,778 battles

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I also think it shouldn't be able to print credits itself.

Maybe it can like... have the credit earning potential of a regular tech tree ship, but have boosted commander XP earning potential.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
12,005 battles
4 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I also think it shouldn't be able to print credits itself.

Maybe it can like... have the credit earning potential of a regular tech tree ship, but have boosted commander XP earning potential.

That is a good idea

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
10 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

but I also think it shouldn't be able to print credits itself.

100% agree, its meant to get rid of credits, not add to them. it also means that it would be easier to obtain other ships released this way.

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,691 battles

I'm fine with this.  I thought this was going to be another thread with people wanting premium content for little effort/cost.  I was fully expecting you to ask to buy premiums for like 20M credits or something. 

• Boring 1

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
1 hour ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I'm fine with this.  I thought this was going to be another thread with people wanting premium content for little effort/cost.  I was fully expecting you to ask to buy premiums for like 20M credits or something. 

20m? lol pocket change for some.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,749 posts
9,804 battles

To what end?  The fact someone has 1billion credits means nothing to the other players in this game.  It’s a artificial system, and you can’t even call it an economy.  

[PVE]
Members
3,816 posts
16,318 battles
On 4/13/2019 at 9:37 PM, Hanger_18 said:

20m? lol pocket change for some.

I'd tier generate the credit "value" of that tier.....   That way, the credit sales is a break even value proposition.....  Each tier would have a rated credit value for those ships....  The problem is, vets have millions of credits.  I have 280 million credits....  So, that smaller cost is incidental to players with millions.  It should be calculated on what I have, WG now and my price should be based on what I have.....  You see this all the time in reality where it says: hit the check out box to see you cost......and, WG's process looks me up and my cost (having 280  million would be 150 million) and a new player's cost (since he has 12 million) would be proportional as mine is !   That way, everyone can participate at the same level of spending and gives everyone access to those ships.....

Just a thought.

Members
1,027 posts
6,170 battles
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, Hanger_18 said:

a full ship line cost about 520M credits (plus mods and stuff which i didnt add).

free exp ships cost 1M free exp, with the cost of a line being about 900K. assuming about the same increase. it would but the ship roughly around 550- 600M credits.

alternatively (this option makes more sense to me), you could see it as the cost of 5x a t10, which would price it at about 100M credits. 

How is buying a ship for credits still a premium ship? 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,628 battles
On 4/13/2019 at 5:13 PM, Hanger_18 said:

24m credits for a T10 CV and huge operating costs - your credit sinks have arrived :)

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,779 posts
25,352 battles

1. research the Worcester

2. use full premium consumables

3. log into a match, sail to the middle of the map and get delete

4. now you can see how your credits sink

• Cool 1

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
23 hours ago, khorender_1 said:

How is buying a ship for credits still a premium ship? 

Premium ships offer other benefits besides credit income.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
23 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

24m credits for a T10 CV and huge operating costs - your credit sinks have arrived :)

24m is pocket change.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,628 battles
2 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

24m is pocket change.

That's true for some … 

But they have to start somewhere :)

Also, it might help steer people to premiums and/or permanent camos

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,116 posts
15,182 battles
On 4/13/2019 at 4:13 PM, Hanger_18 said:

Hmmm.... Sure... Yeah I like it. +1

Q GIF

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,386 posts
5,639 battles
On 4/16/2019 at 2:07 PM, Commander_367 said:

That's true for some … 

But they have to start somewhere :)

Also, it might help steer people to premiums and/or permanent camos

I didn't think of that aspect.

Sign in to follow this