You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheWhiteRaven

[Enterprise] This was an awesome, heartbreaking match

23 comments in this topic

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles

If I'd landed the last flood on their Graf at the end we'd have won. Ticked to 1000 points on my approach for an AP drop that might have done it, too.

Enterprise is STUPID fun. Torps are a blast, AP bombs make me giggle on cruisers, rockets are very effective DD hunters and BB fire starters to follow up on floods. Amazing boat. Thanks for the rework, WG - I've found my element.

Economy strong, too. No signals on this, just the premium camo and the military month contributor flag for +5% (plus the enterprise boost mission XP-wise).

247620218_Screenshot(111).thumb.png.a2c659aeb3efa3ad432e06412906cd1a.png

501165791_Screenshot(110).thumb.png.49bf962e7ddc7be07bed696539d49687.png

• Cool 3

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles

If anyone wants the replay to see how I played it in a light tier 10 match, attached.

Certainly didn't play it perfectly (especially with Henri that got away at the end... could have spotted him to death with team and it might have been enough). Also got stuck between A and B on a rock. :D Extra close distance could have meant more planes on target.

Still, did alright I reckon.

20190413_173214_PASA518-Enterprise_25_sea_hope.wowsreplay

[SOV]
Members
4,400 posts

I have been debating E or Graf.  I am guess you would say E!

Like you I have found my element and fun spot.  CV are working perfectly for me.

[SRM]
Members
23 posts
2,383 battles

I can Testify to this , the Enterprise lives up to its name VERY Surprisingly FUN CV. Can you imagine, before the CV rework the Enterprise was consider one of the most disappointing Premium CV released but boy the table has turned. Ladies and Gentlemen , I present to you the best Premium CV in the game " The Enterprise".

Unlike the Graf, the Enterprise has this feeling when you are playing it... its just fun and easy to use definitely recommend.

Edited by vestroia
  • Cool 4

[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,587 battles
6 minutes ago, vestroia said:

I can Testify to this , the Enterprise lives up to its name VERY Surprisingly FUN CV. Can you imagine, before the CV rework the Enterprise was consider one of the most disappointing Premium CV released but boy the table has turned. Ladies and Gentlemen , I present to you the best Premium CV in the game " The Enterprise".

Unlike the Graf, the Enterprise has this feeling when you are playing it... its just fun and easy to use definitely recommend.

Here here! Long Live the Enterprise!

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles
21 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I have been debating E or Graf.  I am guess you would say E!

Like you I have found my element and fun spot.  CV are working perfectly for me.

Definitely the Enterprise. I have the Graf, too, and she's... okay. I'm hoping she'll get a little buff love. No way in hell I could've pulled this game or even close in her.

[USCC]
Members
2,756 posts
12,012 battles

Well played game OP, nice video, that's a tough loss though, but damn you gave em hell!

[RLGN]
Members
13,529 posts
23,601 battles

GJ OP, at least someone is having fun with the new mechanics.

Haven't played Enterprise ONCE in Randoms, even under RTS, (200 PvE games,) and don't plan too.

Great new mechanics for someone who has the luck or skill to be able to dodge AA, teams that are worth a damn and actually shoot at what you spot, teams that help break up the AA blobs, and teams that can actually hit what they shoot at...

...pure garbage if you don't.

29 minutes ago, vestroia said:

Try and tell me about how 'fun' it is after the string of T8 carrier games I've had that were basically me, another single T8, (usually some poor Bismark or destroyer,) and everything else was T10s.

You know; the games where effectively your only meaningful contribution is flying around spotting for twenty minutes, watching your teams die because they are apparently incapable of sinking anything, and waiting for the end because you can't get near anything to actually attack it and try to help.

[OBS]
Members
315 posts
963 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Haven't played Enterprise ONCE in Randoms, even under RTS, (200 PvE games,) and don't plan too.

Great new mechanics for someone who has the luck or skill to be able to dodge AA, teams that are worth a damn and actually shoot at what you spot, teams that help break up the AA blobs, and teams that can actually hit what they shoot at...

Try and tell me about how 'fun' it is after the string of T8 carrier games I've had that were basically me, another single T8, (usually some poor Bismark or destroyer,) and everything else was T10s.

You know; the games where effectively your only meaningful contribution is flying around spotting for twenty minutes, watching your teams die because they are apparently incapable of sinking anything, and waiting for the end because you can't get near anything to actually attack it and try to help.

you know with the huge squadrons, 5km range and the 4 torps per drop, me thinks that when mm starts to force-feed you tier 10 matches kaga is going to be a little gem. launch all your torps at max range. ive heard her planes are pretty stealthy. has anyone tried this and made it work?

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles
1 minute ago, Mothermoy said:

you know with the huge squadrons, 5km range and the 4 torps per drop, me thinks that when mm starts to force-feed you tier 10 matches kaga is going to be a little gem. launch all your torps at max range. ive heard her planes are pretty stealthy. has anyone tried this and made it work?

True stealth dropping in Kaga would be tricky, but I do run double stealth (module and captain perk). Gives me 6.1km concealment on the torps. 

I found out that it’s enough to give 1 to 2 attacks per run even against tier 10 cruisers. Even managed to strike a Minotaur and keep a few planes alive on the way out. The extra safe approach distance out of continuous seems to make a BIG difference. 

Kaga is super fun. Harder hitting torps, HE DBs for follow up. I’d rank them Enterprise, Kaga, Saipan, Graf for fun factor. 

(Saipan makes me think and plan too hard to keep planes alive. :D)

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,576 posts
34 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

It's honestly not really that bad.

You have a lot of CVs but only about 5 games in any one of them in randoms.  I would suggest picking your favorite T8 CV and actually playing it, a lot.  Like pick a day or a weekend or even just whatever a normal play session is for you and really get to know one of them.

T8s in T10 game are certainly not ideal. They are doable though and you can certainly lay down some reasonable damage numbers in them without being super a elite player.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
13,529 posts
23,601 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

It's honestly not really that bad.

You have a lot of CVs but only about 5 games in any one of them in randoms.  I would suggest picking your favorite T8 CV and actually playing it, a lot.  Like pick a day or a weekend or even just whatever a normal play session is for you and really get to know one of them.

T8s in T10 game are certainly not ideal. They are doable though and you can certainly lay down some reasonable damage numbers in them without being super a elite player.

Only five each under the new system, a few more under the old. (Somewhere around 4,100 total, all modes, under the old system.)

Reasonable numbers? What a joke.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[RLGN]
Members
13,529 posts
23,601 battles
1 hour ago, TheWhiteRaven said:

Kaga is super fun. Harder hitting torps, HE DBs for follow up.

I’d laugh at this, but I just ate dinner and don’t want to make myself sick.

Bombers of any stripe only work if someone can actually dodge AA and aim at the same time; otherwise they are nothing more than a pointless exercise in futility, and a pretty show of burning planes.

Not seeing any of this ‘fun’ so many speak of.

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles
20 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I’d laugh at this, but I just ate dinner and don’t want to make myself sick.

Bombers of any stripe only work if someone can actually dodge AA and aim at the same time; otherwise they are nothing more than a pointless exercise in futility, and a pretty show of burning planes.

Not seeing any of this ‘fun’ so many speak of.

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble with them man. Comes down to target selection and learning to weave around flak. 

You will still get chewed up by continuous, particularly with the slow diving DBs, but you can make them work. I don’t suggest trying to drop Minotaurs and woosters or grouped up tier 9s and 10s, but still. 

That said, there definitely are matches, even in the tier 10 CVs, that the aa blobs mean no fun for the CV, but not often. 

Dont know what else to tell ya other than keep at it. Best of luck. 

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles
15 minutes ago, TheWhiteRaven said:

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble with them man. Comes down to target selection and learning to weave around flak. 

You will still get chewed up by continuous, particularly with the slow diving DBs, but you can make them work. I don’t suggest trying to drop Minotaurs and woosters or grouped up tier 9s and 10s, but still. 

That said, there definitely are matches, even in the tier 10 CVs, that the aa blobs mean no fun for the CV, but not often. 

Dont know what else to tell ya other than keep at it. Best of luck. 

One more tip, too (for all CVs): try building for absolute max speed (plus the two tankiness captain perks). Get in and out of AA quicker. Major improvement to my game. 

Edited by TheWhiteRaven

[RLGN]
Members
13,529 posts
23,601 battles
35 minutes ago, TheWhiteRaven said:

One more tip, too (for all CVs): try building for absolute max speed (plus the two tankiness captain perks). Get in and out of AA quicker. Major improvement to my game. 

Have those, focused on torpedo planes because I can't use the damn bombers without a long run in to aim.

And as far as attacking 'weaker' targets goes?

Made THREE runs on a Leander with Implacable bombers last night. Covered the ship well with the reticle, lots of pretty splashes.

Even the Leander driver was shocked, missed with EVERY bomb, all three times.

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Have those, focused on torpedo planes because I can't use the damn bombers without a long run in to aim.

And as far as attacking 'weaker' targets goes?

Made THREE runs on a Leander with Implacable bombers last night. Covered the ship well with the reticle, lots of pretty splashes.

Even the Leander driver was shocked, missed with EVERY bomb, all three times.

Weird question: what’s your normal ping? And is it fairly stable?

CVs are about 1000x more sensitive to bad ping than any other ship in the game. Drives me crazy sometimes with my crap rural internet. 

[RLGN]
Members
13,529 posts
23,601 battles
Just now, TheWhiteRaven said:

Weird question: what’s your normal ping? And is it fairly stable?

CVs are about 1000x more sensitive to bad ping than any other ship in the game. Drives me crazy sometimes with my crap rural internet. 

Didn't that used to be in the upper left in the port? I don't know where to look for it anymore after the port UI changes.

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Didn't that used to be in the upper left in the port? I don't know where to look for it anymore after the port UI changes.

It should be in the upper left during a match. May have to tweak a setting in the game options, not sure. 

[RLGN]
Members
13,529 posts
23,601 battles
22 minutes ago, TheWhiteRaven said:

It should be in the upper left during a match. May have to tweak a setting in the game options, not sure. 

Looks like 35-40-ish? Maybe up to 45 or so?

Members
112 posts
5,585 battles
18 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Looks like 35-40-ish? Maybe up to 45 or so?

If it’s stable at 35-45, shouldn’t be problematic. If you notice occasional spikes over 100 while you’re playing, definitely a potential problem, but it doesn’t sound like you’re seeing that. 

If you haven’t, check out gaishu on twitch. Amazing cv streamer (with lots of past videos you can check out). I also like stuntman9630 on YouTube. He’s posting premium review videos as we speak, and he’s a decent player. I’ve learned a LOT from both of those guys. 

[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
74 posts
4,443 battles

I have all the premium CV's and enterprise is the best one in my opinion. 

main reasons are plane's maneuverability and all squadrons are useful. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,529 posts
23,601 battles
1 hour ago, TheWhiteRaven said:

I also like stuntman9630 on YouTube.

I understand you're trying to help; but it doesn't do much for my mood when the first vid I click on is 'Oh, I'm top tier.' escpecially when most of my Kaga games were effectively T10 games.