You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Koogus

IJN CV kaga question

16 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,614 battles

It may be a bit earlier to ask this but, how is the Kaga currently? I am in a bit of a mood to waste $60 on a virtual boat

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,614 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

wsm5jPq.jpg

Kaga is in the middle of the pack.

Just now, Nevermore135 said:

Like a swarm of locusts... They just keep coming! :cap_rambo:

She sounds like a decent ship with a interesting and fun gimmick I may get her thanks 

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
9 minutes ago, Koogus said:

It may be a bit earlier to ask this but, how is the Kaga currently? I am in a bit of a mood to waste $60 on a virtual boat

Kaga by itself is $49.03 and the Adm pack with Cmdr and flags is $89.99.

LittleWhiteMouse had this to say in another thread.  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/188397-premium-carriers-more-players-than-you-think/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-4421982

20 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:
  • Saipan is the most unforgiving of the premium carriers.  While her planes are individually tougher, they still evapourate quickly when mishandled, making her feel no more durable than Kaga when you misstep..  She does not have the reserves to come back from mistakes.  The pay-off for handling her aircraft well and managing her reserves is the best striking power of any of the tier 8 carriers.  Her torpedoes are her best feature, but her rockets and dive bombers are not far behind, with great penetration and dealing sizeable chunks of damage per hit each.  Saipan uses the large Tiny Tim rockets rather than a flurry of smaller munitions.

• Enterprise is the most forgiving.  While her reserves aren't as deep as Kaga's, she regenerates aircraft much faster.  She also has the best fighter groups, tier for tier, in the game.  Her big drawback is the speed of planes which greatly limits her striking power.  You'll spend a lot more time sending your aircraft to and from the target.  Additionally, her individual attacks aren't as hard hitting as her contemporaries.  This said, all three of her aircraft types are viable.  Her dive bombers make use of AP bombs, though, which limits which targets they work well against.

• Kaga is strange.  She has massive squadrons for her torpedo and dive bombers and ridiculous levels of reserves for all of her aircraft.  The catch is that her planes are very fragile and they do not regenerate quickly.  To play Kaga is to watch your squadrons continually hemorrhage planes in horrific numbers in order to push her strikes through.  Kaga's best feature are her torpedo planes and her dive bombers are okay.  Her rockets are terrible, however, and the worst you'll find at tier 8.

• Graf Zeppelin is also an odd duck.  Her best feature, by far, are her torpedo planes.  They are some of the fastest aircraft in the game and more than capable of outrunning most deployed fighters when she activates her boost.  This allows her to cycle her torpedo planes faster than any other tier 8 carrier, taxing damage control parties and stacking damage.  The down side is that her torpedoes don't hit too hard individually, so accuracy and target selection is paramount.  Her rocket aircraft are decent but slow.  She doesn't fire many rockets and they're mostly suited to large targets where their good penetration and decent fire chance can start some damage-over-time effects.  Finally, her dive bombers use AP but they hit like trucks against the right targets.

Here are LWM premium CV reviews. Do check out other CCs reviews.

[5D2]
Supertester
2,311 posts
22,752 battles
24 minutes ago, Koogus said:

I highly recomment Kaga. If you're not familiar with CVs the reserves are very forgiving. If you are familiar, it lets you do some crazy stuff (well within the realm of crazy but not too far gone) because of that same forgiveness.

The torpedoes are the most comfortable of the IJN because it drops 4 without the harsh penalties of Hakuryu. The HE bombs arent as good as the USN line but they're still good at killing destroyers or stacking DOT. The rockets are the blow point but you get a lot of rocket planes to make up for it. Finally, if crap hits the fan and you find a destroyer too close for comfort you have good secondaries. Mind you they arent the Graf Zepplin level but they are superb to other tier 8 CVs.

If you can do well in Shokaku it's even easier to do well in Kaga, even up tiered.

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
678 posts
1,614 battles

I just relies that this is my 2 year anniversary so I should be getting a 30% coupon after a few battles. Does anyone know how many I would need to do to get it?

Members
1,586 posts
50 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Kaga is in a good place right now. I would Also recommend the Enterprise as well. It still retains the chance to do 30k AP bomb drops.

[-BSS-]
Members
231 posts
13,881 battles

Kaga is a good CV and to me seems easier to play than most IJN CVs. I still like the Enterprise the best out of the T8 CVs but it's the most forgiving to play. Kaga would be my second choice for a premium CV.

Members
1,697 posts
8,726 battles

She's actually my number one recommendation right now, and I really didn't think she would be playing her during the early parts of the rework.

Those reserves give her the ability to really keep hammering opponents if you can dodge flak.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,879 posts
6,007 battles
2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Just bought her :)

Screenshot (222).png

Congrats. :Smile_great:

I'm buying her too, tonight when I get home. :Smile_teethhappy:

I got the other 3 Premium CV's from a bundle of 20 containers yesterday, but no Kaga. I thought of buying some more containers today and trying my luck again for her, but I had a gut feeling that RNGesus may not bless me so much again so I'm just gonna directly purchase her, lol.

I'm excited to see what she's gonna feel like to play, though I'm a bit worried that her planes are REALLY fragile. I thought stock Shokaku was horrible, but based on what I learned, it seems Kaga's planes are even worse... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Members
783 posts

Kaga is still good but in a T10 match be careful not to get deplaned since you  have t7 aircraft vs T10 AA.  Kaga has large on deck reserves allowing you to launch same type squadrons many times in a row quickly, just make sure not to throw them away or it will deplete you.  She has excellent torpedo bombers, and nice HE dive bombers, her fighters are fodder they suck in every possible way.  

[NAM-5]
[NAM-5]
Beta Testers
17 posts

Any of these in a T9/T10 sucks.... no T8 carrier should be in a high level match.

[O40C]
[O40C]
Beta Testers
844 posts
5,678 battles
On 4/13/2019 at 5:59 PM, Skuggsja said:

I highly recomment Kaga. If you're not familiar with CVs the reserves are very forgiving. If you are familiar, it lets you do some crazy stuff (well within the realm of crazy but not too far gone) because of that same forgiveness.

The torpedoes are the most comfortable of the IJN because it drops 4 without the harsh penalties of Hakuryu. The HE bombs arent as good as the USN line but they're still good at killing destroyers or stacking DOT. The rockets are the blow point but you get a lot of rocket planes to make up for it. Finally, if crap hits the fan and you find a destroyer too close for comfort you have good secondaries. Mind you they arent the Graf Zepplin level but they are superb to other tier 8 CVs.

If you can do well in Shokaku it's even easier to do well in Kaga, even up tiered.

Thx for this. The shokaku is my favorite CV hands down. I'm more and more apt to get a kaga myself.

[5D2]
Supertester
2,311 posts
22,752 battles
5 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

Thx for this. The shokaku is my favorite CV hands down. I'm more and more apt to get a kaga myself.

No problem. Glad you found it useful. I kept my Kaga through the entire rework and have had a great time with it.

• Cool 1