You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Just got Salem

7 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
445 posts
10,208 battles

Is the setup for her the same as on my DM? I have Halsey on the DM can I just use him on her as well or would a different cpt build be better for her? TIA

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,622 posts
1 minute ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Is the setup for her the same as on my DM? I have Halsey on the DM can I just use him on her as well or would a different cpt build be better for her? TIA

She is a premium ship and is quite a lot like the other ships in the line, so a good captain trainer.  I just got mine and plan to use her as such, rather than planting a dedicated captain in the seat.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,195 posts
14,184 battles

Salem is a good ship. Took me awhile to figure that out. I struggled with her at first. My fault, not the ships. I'd say the DM and Salem captains skills would be the very similar? Maybe minor differences? The Salem has the zombie heal. Might could allocate a skill or two to something else if you wanted to that would have went to your ships health? Or could dress them up the same? 

[WOLF3]
Members
25,289 posts
22,304 battles

You could throw your DM captain on her just fine.  The difference is if you use SI on your DM or not.  Some DM players use SI to have all those extra consumables charges, especially for Radar.  Salem could use SI because of the her special Repair Party.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
54 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I'm grinding my future War-cess-ter Cmdr on Salem right now, but a DM Cmdr works as well. I set my DM up for more normal play and the Salem for AA as it has better AA. I'm making two DM Cmdrs, one normal and one AA for use on both.

Des Moines - MAM1, SRM1, AAGM1, PM2, CSM1, EP(UU)

PT, EM, SI, CE, AR, FP, BoS

Salem - MAM1, PM1, AAGM1, PM2, CSM1, AAGM2

PT, EM, BFT, CE, (SI, MFCAA, AR)

[PROJX]
Members
1,096 posts
24,835 battles
2 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

As some of the others have pointed out, a DM captain should be fine on a Salem, however...

If you spec to take advantage of her mega heal, Salem has more potential virtual health than even Stalingrad.  As a result, tho you can use her as a more aggressive island hugger using a Des Moines playstyle (but w/ shorter radar), she also works well as a flanking ship — like a Henri or Zao, w/ faster ROF & no torps.  If you use her in this style, you just need to be comfortable w/ maneuvering & shot dodging tactics — but you can deal tremendous damage from the flanks, particularly if you can catch bow-tanking BBs.

Edited by hangglide42

[-KIA-]
Members
895 posts
5,173 battles

Halsey is great for ships like this. I have George Doe on mine. The skills should be about the same as the DM.  Like the others have said, SI would be a good choice. Here is my build: Last two points I am going to take is Jack of All Trades.

1446990155_WorldofWarships4_13_20198_19_39PM.thumb.png.adaa90ec9645cd99b678cecdad0452d5.png

Edited by Leopard_IX